Are they safe?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by babyhope, Dec 18, 2009.

1. babyhope

babyhope Mommy of 2 and expecting

I just got my angelsounds doppler and I'm super excited! However I was reading that it is ultrasound technology, so now I am wondering about safety. Is it safe to use? Should I only use it once a week or something?

2. rwhite

rwhite Mum to Lachie and Clem

Hey hun - don't worry, they're perfectly safe :thumbup: Otherwise they wouldn't be used x There's no radiation emitted from them or anything like that. Only thing that I've been told (my midwife) is that babies don't really like ultrasound-like equipment like dopplers and obviously ultrasound tools because of the soundwaves and the noise in the amniotic fluid, apparently it bothers them somewhat. So probably best not to use it too much so not to drive bubs batty! :haha: That's all I can offer. And it would make sense, too, because my little man always seems to kick the doppler, or wiggle away from it :lol: xxx Enjoy!

3. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Agree with rwhite x

4. babyhope

babyhope Mommy of 2 and expecting

5. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore Well-Known Member

I agree too! Mine always kicks the doppler away even when the midwife had a listen at my 16 wk appt!! So I only use it once or twice a week and even then only for a few mins! So reasurring though :)