• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Are they safe?

babyhope

Mommy of 2 and expecting
Reaction score
I just got my angelsounds doppler and I'm super excited! However I was reading that it is ultrasound technology, so now I am wondering about safety. Is it safe to use? Should I only use it once a week or something?

Hey hun - don't worry, they're perfectly safe :thumbup: Otherwise they wouldn't be used x There's no radiation emitted from them or anything like that. Only thing that I've been told (my midwife) is that babies don't really like ultrasound-like equipment like dopplers and obviously ultrasound tools because of the soundwaves and the noise in the amniotic fluid, apparently it bothers them somewhat. So probably best not to use it too much so not to drive bubs batty! :haha: That's all I can offer. And it would make sense, too, because my little man always seems to kick the doppler, or wiggle away from it :lol: xxx Enjoy!

I agree too! Mine always kicks the doppler away even when the midwife had a listen at my 16 wk appt!! So I only use it once or twice a week and even then only for a few mins! So reasurring though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"