Are we doing it right?

michmash

Reaction score
I'm currently on CD16 which is supposedly also my ovulation day since my cycles are approx. 30 days apart. We are currently trying for a baby girl so we dtd on CD13 and CD14 and we skipped CD15. What worries me is what if it would be unsuccessful since I'm not :sex: on my actual ovulation day? I'm wondering if dtd like a couple of days before your actual ovulation really works... I'm doing what a friend suggested and suddenly I'm not so sure about this 'tactic'...

What do you girls think?? should I just stick to the plan or should just dtd again and again and again... :winkwink: hehe

Dtd again and again sounds like more fun ;). Obviouslyy there is guarantee of getting a girl but the theory is that because boy sperm are faster but girl sperm live longer if you leave a gap betweeen dtd and o the girl sperm have a better chance. I guess it kind of depends if having a girl or just getting pregnant as quick as possible is more important but dtd the day before o should still give you a good chance. It wasn't planned that way but we dtd 3 days before o was due and I got pregnant with a little girl.

I DTD once 4 days before O and got pregnant. If I were you, I'd DTD every other day as soon as your period stops and until you get your period again, or a positive test.

Gender swaying doesn't really have any evidence to back up that it works, but DTD every other day for a few weeks does seem to be the best way to get pregnant!

Thanks for your answers... Apparently this method isn't really that effective so we'll just see how we did this month :) hoping for the best *fingerscrossed*

I've got 2 girls. The oldest was conceived by DTD'ing 3-4 days before O; the youngest 1-2 days before O :)

And studies show the best days to conceive are 2 days before and the day before O, not the actual day of:winkwink:

Hi, when I first heard about this theory I thought it was totally bogus...and maybe it is but here's my experience: with our first we dtd 3 days before O and I thought we were totally out but I ended up getting pregnant with a girl. This time we dtd only once the day of O and now I'm pregnant with a boy!! We weren't trying to sway or anything so take it for what it's worth but now I'm starting to wonder if there really is something to that theory! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->