• Terrible Twos
  • Threenagers
  • F*ck Fours
  • Fantastic Fives

Reality has shown me:
  • Terrific Twos
  • Threenagers mixed with smooth sailing
  • F*ck Fours

Fives have been a bit rough too with tantrums and attitude. But I think we may be breaking into those fantastic fives! I have made an effort to make more time for the kids in the morning before heading out to work and I think that has made a difference. We have also been playing a lot more games together at the end of the day as a family. I also started giving Violet Vitamin D and I have no idea if that makes any difference. Violet's medication is working and her mood is settling out too. Everything is just going really well. She's more cooperative, more even tempered, and able to think about the big picture and other's perspective when it comes to making decisions or understanding decisions made by me or my husband. That's not to say she's perfect, but life is just much smoother and more pleasant. I just want to take a moment to say "Yay!" Anyone else finding their 5 year olds evening out and settling down into more reasonable behavior and being just generally more fun to parent?

Im actually laughing at fck fours ive never heard that one but i agree whole heartedly 😂
I would also agree that 3 is way worse than 2. We never really had the terrible 2s here.
5 has been a mixed bag for me, I thing its the age where their personalities really start to show.

:haha:
Age 3 was by far the worst age for me with Holly. Age 4 was fine and age 5 not too bad, but she is getting quite defiant and full of attitude as we approach age 6 :(
James is definitely going through the terrible twos which I never experienced with Holly. He has tantrums over everything!

We're definitely at fantastic fives with DD1. She's such a joy, Helpful, bright and well behaved. Little attitude now and then.
Three year old is definitely a three ager, moody little madam and does not listen!

We're at ffs fives at the moment
We're working hard on it tho :)

Oh wow DD1 turned 5 today ! I am looking forward to the fantastic fives now!

I’m with you Bev DD2 was 2 in December and she is such a handful in many ways DD1 wasn’t ! I don’t like the terrible twos !

We're definitely at fantastic fives with DD1. She's such a joy, Helpful, bright and well behaved. Little attitude now and then.
Three year old is definitely a three ager, moody little madam and does not listen!

This!

I think I got the 'Fucking hell fives' :haha: Is there something to look forward to with six!?

here it is a mixed bag. She can be really polite and helpful sweet and funny imanginative and in other moments she is a total brat (her fav comment " thats not my job".)(So if I ask her to pick something up you either get "of course" or "thats not my job" xD.
whines , she was never a crier when she was littler but now sometimes she takes the whining up to an art. and she is reall bad at time management which is probably part of not having any concept of time yet but gosh she has even more inertia than me. she takes like 1/2 hour to put her shoes on in the mornings because everything is more important putting shpes on, or taking her pyjamas off and get dressed or the reverse in the evening. I have little hope this will get better. (seriously she is quite hard to get out of bed already I dont want to know what it will be like when she is a teenager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->