Are we NTNP or TTC ?

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
My husband says we're NTNP.. he says "whenever it happens, it happens"
I say we're TTC.
:haha:

I temp, we :sex: around ovulation , and he quit pulling out 1,5 months ago.

He doesnt want to know when I ovulate though, but my libido is so much higher during my fertile days so we always end up :sex: ..

So I've been wondering this for a while.. is this ntnp or ttc?

And how do you NTNP?
Do you temp etc?

I dont know which youd fall into. Wer NTNP. We arent temping or anything just seeing what happens. We DTD whenever and hope we catch something. I think you might be more TTC then NTNP as your temping and DTD around ov days.

I think NTNP is a more relaxed approach than TTC that's all....we're all hoping for the same thing we just don't go at it as...determinedly? Something like that. I use OPKs to track my cycle but that'smore for interest, we BD whenever we feel like it and are just seeing what happens. We were supposed to switch to TTC in August but having enjoyed the relaxed approach so much I think we will jsut carry on the way we are but with a little more attention to my cycle in the hopes we can use Shettles to try for a girl (not too bothered though). So yeah...that's my thoughts anyway...hope it helps!

xxx

Well we're new to Ntnp and I'm gonna stop charting, if it happens it happens.

Xxxxx

I chart my temps (just started) and I would consider myself NTNP.
In other words, we're not planning on having a baby making marathon every time I'm fertile (unless we want to, of course). We would love to get pregnant, but when it happens it happens.

This doesn't discourage me from poas every time I have the slightest symptom :test:. It's so fun for some reason, even with all the :bfn:s.

I think if you temo you are quite far in TTC territory already :haha: but not far enough for the hardcorers I reckon :haha:

Basically the way i see it is, we want a baby but we will let nature take its course. No temping/ovulation kits/charting etc! Its more relaxed and more fun iykwim :winkwink:

I think if you make an attempt to work out when ovulation is and to have sex around the time of ovulation for baby making purposes then you are TTC. If you only have a casual knowledge of when you are fertile (or no knowledge at all) and you make no extra effort to have sex then you are NTNP.

I track when I ovulate but don't make any extra effort to BD round that time any more than any other time...it's mainly just for interest (for now!) so I still count myself at NTNP I'm afraid! :lol:
xxx

Hey Girls,

This is a good topic and a welcome forum. I started with NTNP last year and we fell pregnant about 6 months in, however I had a MMC and it turned me onto TTC, which again was a loss and possibly a bit too hastily, so due to a couple of things we have put back TTC.

Now we are at a stage were we are ready, but although I would love my baby, my OH is against the TTC thing as its too much stress for me. Which always makes me wonder, to men I don't think they like to class it as trying, they can adopt the easy laidback approach. Whereas I think with us girls if you have ever read into your cycle at any point you are aware of it and what could happen.

So for me I do track my period and I have an idea when I ov, but it will be a NTNP approach. We will just see what happens and what will be will be.

Babymaking is different for everyone and because I was TTC for a couple of months after the loss I lost it a bit and started revolving my life around it which for me is wrong.

Sorry for the long post, I think its a fine line between NTNP and TTC, which can overlap at times. But I am going to try my hardest to keep this as natural as possible, I want the innocence back and I want it to be a suprise this time when I get my healthy lil :bfp: bundle x

Look forward to getting to know you all x

Just wanted to add, I think its possible for the woman to TTC while the man is NTNP. Ovulation = performance anxiety.

Just wanted to add, I think its possible for the woman to TTC while the man is NTNP. Ovulation = performance anxiety.

I was going to say exactly this - with our first, OH knew I was messing about with opks, pre-seed and thermometers :blush: but tried to turn a blind eye. He is more laid back than me! I promised myself the 2nd time I would be chilled and just let it happen when it happened... until I read more about the Shettles method :blush: - now I'm sure I'm going to turn into a dog with a bone when the time comes to start TTC again :haha:

I woud say your TTC :)
Just because of the temping.

I mostly consider NTNP as having sex whenever as normal but without contraception
where as TTC is where you have sex on certain days to try and get pregnant that month if that makes sense lol

We're NTNP for this month after a MC but I am going to be on off temping just to make sure I'm back to normal :thumbup:

xx

I was going to say exactly this - with our first, OH knew I was messing about with opks, pre-seed and thermometers :blush: but tried to turn a blind eye. He is more laid back than me! I promised myself the 2nd time I would be chilled and just let it happen when it happened... until I read more about the Shettles method :blush: - now I'm sure I'm going to turn into a dog with a bone when the time comes to start TTC again :haha:

If AF returns before we make baby #2 and I move to TTC we are going to try and Shettle up a boy!!

we were ttc but now we are ntnp, although this cycle i am going to try and produce more ewcm so taking stuff for that, but we just going to dtd when ever we feel like it although if we went 3 days without it i would prob say to oh we need to baby dance, i like the relaxed approach last cycle was my first for ntnp and the tww went so fast as i wasnt ss or anything

yeah thats the funny thing, i don't think ntnp even exists as if you're not preventing then you are trying..?

maaaybe if some women were not preventing AND not even thinking about it that would be ntnp. but to be on baby and bump in this sub forum, you are obviously thinking about it!

...so a completely pointless sub forum really!

The way i see it is, I'm NTNP... I am not on any form of birth control and have sex with my OH as and when we want to,.. If this results in a pregnancy then thats amazing, if it doesnt then it doesnt and we will carry on as we are! I dont chart/temp/use OPK's or sit there symptom spotting or obsessing over anything.

I dont see this as a pointless sub section, as before i didnt fit into either TTC or WTT! The threads in TTC are way too heavy for me (all the charting/temps/opks/2ww etc) and in WTT i felt bad for others who had no choice but to wait, its like rubbing salt in someones wound so to speak.

But everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats mine :)

actually i see your point now:thumbup:
i was always a bit funny when seeing ntnp'ers post in wtt as they're not waiting.

We're NTNP, just having fun etc until after we get married in October, seeing how things go etc, and if we end up pg before then, we'd both be over the moon but I think after the wedding, we'll pay more attention and hopefully be expecting bubs by xmas..... but who knows!

I think when u temp and hav more sex around ovulation u r TTC.
However, I wont b doing th whole tempin thing, jus lots of DTD and using no protection, and I want to get pregnant so I would say me and DH r TTC too!

Jen x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->