Are you getting your 5 a day?

MrsTwilight

Mummy of 1 No2 on the way
Reaction score
Hey girls..

Im 11+2 now. I was just wondering if your all managing to get your 5 a day? Im struggling so badly! When pregnant with my daughter i worked 10 hours a day so had 3 breaks and found it very easy to fit my 5 a day in but been at home with a toddler i just dont find the time! Im trying to hard. Today i did it.. i had 2 satsumas (counts as 1!!) 2inch cucumber in my sandwich, a box of raisans, fruit juice and veg for tea. But this is very rare.

Do you think its a big deal if you only manage to get 2-3 in a day?? I did everything by the book when pregnant last time but it was so easy when i had a boring office job and wasnt running round like a head less chicken lol!!

I will continue to try obviously.. anyone got any tips? Or things that might count towards my 5 a day that i might not know of?

Hope we are all well ! xx

Heck some days I don't even get one in.

I have the odd day where I pull it off but normally I'm around 2-3, I feel really bad about it actually... but right now I really hate veggies! :)

I am struggling to get in 1 day...not a veggie or a fruit fan so I am stuggling with both...bad me but what am I suppose to do.

At the moment im struggling to get three meals in, My appetite is just gone. i force my self to eat as is, and its pretty much whether i can stomach it or not. I think take your folic acid, and vitamins and you and baby will be just fine hun.

i would say i prob do im eating everything and trying to keep it to healthy stuff lol... so i eat lots of fruit i have veg with my tea every day and i snack on carrot sticks think i prob do it plus i but plenty of fresh juice which i drink mostly lol xx

i was going great guns till about last week, all i could eat was fruit!
but i think getting 2-3 in is better than nothing, i wouldnt beat yourself up over it.
besides...too much makes me poop ... :blush: :haha:

I wouldnt worry, just keep doing what your doing :)

I am struggling to be honest - I am having a glass of orange juice every day so that's one portion! Then managing one portion of fruit at work and some days have veg but I know I need to do better! x

I agree even substituting drinks for OJ is a great step! not many woman manage 5 a day every day. Eat it when you can remember, I have been trying to keep a bag of oranges and Apples around the house so I can snack on them because I don't eat alot I feel nauseous after a meal.

Thanks girls thats made me feel a lot better :) xxxx

nope...rarely. I take my vitamin, and drink OJ every morning. That's about it. do Fruit Snacks count!?!? :haha:

i was at first, then as soon as i hit 6 weeks i went completely off all fruit & veg - just the thought of eating an apple made me feel like i was going to puke! i'm maybe getting 2-3 a day in now, which i'm not beating myself up over.
xx

I rarely do...I try and snack on carrot sticks when I can stomach them...and when I cook supper I always try to get a veggie in there somewhere...but it's tough, especially when my stomach doesn't cooperate

Yeh it is tough. I dont eat much during the day as just dont find the time then i tend to snack at night which i try to make healthy.

I wont beat myself up about it then! xx

well i am on a mission to get my 5 a day

just got a small bag of cherries and they were £5 from marks and spencers i nearly fell over backwards what the hell

I know... its because of the time of year! Thats another reason im struggling, my dd (14 months) eats a lot of fruit and quite frankly i cant afford it for both of us as its like £3.50 for a pack of grapes in winter! Its ridiculous! xx

just spent £20 on fruit an think it will just last over a week got some amazing fiji apple ever so sweet, getting some corn on the cob can have them as snacks gonna have o stick to banana's really and clementines

also got a cheap bag of frozen fruit salad from tesco in emergency think it was only a £1and have variety of fruits in it

eating strawberries now but they are all water not taste what so ever to them :(

just cant believe the prices of them

I am really struggling as I have terrible ms and don't fancy most fruit and veg. The ones I think I could eat are summer fruits but when I bought some plums recently they had no taste whatsoever not being in season. I am sticking to bananas and orange juice! I had a chat to my midwife and she said really don't worry in the first tri. The baby needs the tiniest amount of nutrients from you and believe me it will get them! If you are lacking it is you who will feel it before the baby will. She told me if I feel sick eat whatever I can as eating something unhealthy is better than eating veg and throwing it up! She said the time to be most health conscious is in thrird tri when baby is growing in size and you need to up your calorie intake by about 200 calories a day as healthy as pos........but knowing me that's when I'll have a craving for chocolate or something! xxxxxxxxx

I'm doing ok so far but thats mainly down to only been able to eat fruit & veg & simple things like brown rice.

There are things that count that people forget, things like mushrooms & onions, so if you say have spag bol with tin of chopped toms in, mushrooms & onions then you've had 3 right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->