• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Are you going to find out the gender?

Geek

Reaction score
I'm 14+1 weeks and trying to decide whether or not to try and find out if we are having a girl or a boy at or next scan (7th March :) )

I've always said I'd want it to be a surprise but now that I'm actually pregnant I think I want to know and my OH doesn't. He says he doesn't want to find out because it doesn't matter which it is, I agree but think that finding out will make it easier to get everything prepared.

So are you going to find out whether your bump is pink or blue? Or have you already had your scan and found out? Or are you waiting until LO arrives?

Were finding out. We found out with River too.

Im less bothered about finding out this time but if its a boy ive got a lot of selling and bargain hunting to do

We found out at 17 weeks that we're having a little boy. For one, I knew I couldn't wait!! I was so ready to shop pink or blue... and I really wanted to prepare a more boy or girl nursery. I think it helps planning easier, but I understand why people don't. Some people get disappointed if they find out early, while they completely fall in love with LO when he or she is born, so I think it saves some people the disappointment. It didn't matter either way for us.. we just wanted to shop! :)

I can't wait to shop either, I think it will make everything seem more real. I'm holding off buying things for now because we keep getting given things and we're going to run out of space to store them until we get our house.

I don't think I'd be disappointed either way, I'm sure I'm having a girl though so if I am having a boy it will give me time to get used to the idea.

Would my OH be able to leave the room just while they told me? I don't think this is something we're going to agree on lol.

Yeah, when they ask if you want to know.. tell them that you want to find out, but your OH doesn't. They can tell him to leave when they look. Even if we didn't want to find out, we wouldn't have had a choice b/c the first thing we saw on the ultrasound was his potty shot!! haha

Haha I probably wouldn't be able to tell even if I saw on the ultrasound, hopefully it won't keep it's legs crossed :)

I think we will probably do that, I don't know if I'd be able to keep it a secret though. I'd probably give it away the first time we went shopping or talked about names.

Your OH might eventually change his mind, but we knew from the second we saw it.. he is very much a boy! haha you will be able to tell. You can get the sonographer to write it down on a piece of paper & you can try to convince OH. Maybe if it's just sitting there in an envelope he'll cave! haha

We don't want to know, but when they do the scan next week to make sure baby is growing and everything, he said he can write it down on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope so we have it if we want to know and don't have to bother with calling or anything. I will have to put the envelope in a safe place so I am not tempted though! :)

This is our first and I have always wanted to do a nursery with baby woodland/forest animals, so a boy or girl works for most of the shopping and since we don't already have a baby, we don't already have gendered clothes.

i didnt want to know but my OH did but baba had its legs crossed anyway so i guess it was decided for us :)

haha at least you know it's pretty much definite if you could tell straight away, the other thing I'd worry about is what if they got it wrong.
I think the getting them to write it down is a good idea though, I think he probably will change his mind a few weeks after.

I think if I didn't want to know though I would still be tempted to look in the envelope, I think i'd be sat there thinking about it until I had to look.

I think a baby woodland theme sounds lovely :) We haven't decided how to decorate the nursery yet but we've been given a really nice set of nursery stuff (cot bumper, quilt, sheets, curtains etc.) which are Noah's ark so if we don't decide that would work for either a boy or a girl. We've got so many clothes (for both) already as 4 friends have had babies recently (boys and girls) and have saved everything for us. I can't wait to go shopping for some cute little outfits thoug

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"