Are you preparing your body for TTC?

It's where you try to replicate the diet of of paleolithic ancestors, before the agricultural revolution. So meat and vegies and some nuts, no grains or refined sugars, I believe.

Thank you :flower:

It's where you try to replicate the diet of of paleolithic ancestors, before the agricultural revolution. So meat and vegies and some nuts, no grains or refined sugars, I believe.
Oh wow. I could NEVER do that! Although I do a lot of that for my son (he can't have anything processed due to allergies), he still gets grains though. I've often thought about eating what I make for him. I'm sure I'd lose tonnes of weight and feel so much better!

Right. It's a diet that consists of meats, veggies, fruits, fats (coconut oil, MCT oil, ghee etc). It's not recommended to consume dairy but I think it's important for me to do that so I eat 2 servings of full fat dairy per day. No grains, legumes, processed foods, etc.

Right. It's a diet that consists of meats, veggies, fruits, fats (coconut oil, MCT oil, ghee etc). It's not recommended to consume dairy but I think it's important for me to do that so I eat 2 servings of full fat dairy per day. No grains, legumes, processed foods, etc.

Lots of people on paleo eat whole milk or yoghurt. :thumbup: Don't think I'd ever be able to give up cheese. Mmm...cheese. :p I'm eating cheese right now!

Nothing yet, but I'm planning on losing 6-7lbs at least prior to trying. I'm also gonna start supplements in a few months maybe :D

I'm still taking prenatals since regular multivitamins tear up my stomach for some reason. I was overweight when I got pregnant before so I'm doing my best to get in shape before the next one. Hoping to lose the last 24lbs to put me back at 120 over the next year! :happydance:

I really want to start working out again (winter gets me slowing down). I am taking a prenatal every day (should I be taking folic acid and vitamin b?)

I also need to get my thyroid under control, so will be getting bloods done soon to see my levels.

Just ordered my copy of "Taking Charge of your fertility" to help understand my body and find out when I ovulate. I will probably start charting just for kicks.

You are advised to start folic acid 3 months before TTC

A prenatal multivitamin should have the recommended dose of folic acid for preconception/TTC/pregnancy in it already :thumbup:

I've been taking prenatals for >2 years already, and am taking agnus castus to try and prevent the days and days of spotting I get before AF comes.

I've also been charting for >2 years, so I know my cycle pretty well now.

The places I'm falling short are exercise/weight loss. My diet is not too bad, plenty of fresh veggies and fruit, good dairy intake, still working on my protein (I'm vegetarian), but more or less ok, apart from my horrific chocolate addiction :(

I also can't exercise like I used to because of the joint pain and fatigue that go along with my autoimmune condition, so I'm finding the weight loss quite hard at the moment and am having to do it all through diet, which isn't getting me anywhere (see chocolate addiction above). Need to kick it up a few notches though, as it's only a few weeks til TTC and I'd like to drop at least 7lb and preferably more by then! I only have 7lb or so to lose to be back in the 'healthy' BMI zone but I'd like to give myself a bit more breathing room.

The only other thing I'm doing is going to see an obstetrician on Thursday to make sure all is ok for TTC to start in the new year, and that there are no more tests/investigations/preparations that need to be done medically, and so I know what to do and who to contact when I get my :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->