Are you ready for the changes to your body?

By the Grace

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this a lot lately.

Obviously we've all decided that having a baby is more important than any *changes* good or bad it might make to our bodies.

What I'm wondering is how each of you are mentally (or physically) preparing for it!

I can't wait for the bump (so cute!), but I know because of genetics that it will ruin my tummy with stretch marks. I'm also nervous about stretched out skin and abs going back into place. I've always been average size and I'm a fitness fanatic, so I'm not too worried about the actual baby weight coming off.

I've been trying to get used to the idea that this might be my last summer in a bikini! :haha:

I'm going to have a tummy covered in stretch marks too, I'd love have one summer when I'm in really good shape and get to show it off in an amazing bikini but this is much more important to me.

I've thought more about the change to my boobs, some women in my family go down a cup size with each pregnancy and my mum went up a cup size each time. Otherwise, I'm aware of a lot of the changes but haven't really given them much thought.

Boobs, yeah, that's another thing. At least they make wonderful push-up and water bras if you end up needing them later on! As long as things stay mostly even, as in not horribly lop-sided, I think I'll be fine. lol

To be honest, I'm quite a curvy women so gaining weight, tummy stretching really doesn't bother me and I know it's a sacrifice I'm more than willing to take especially these days I've seen women give birth and then 2 months later having a flat stomach and no stretch marks in sight because of all the creams and that available these days!

Those women make me sick! (jealous actually) lol
I know several women who have kids and still do bikini modeling! You would never guess they are mothers.

I am so ready :) I do wish my mother was here to talk to about what she went through because my Grandma can't remember. lol.

I already have stretch marks from puberty... I have extremely delicate skin. Once they fade, you can hardly see them. I'm going to try to gain the minimum amount of weight during pregnancy, so I don't actually gain any weight myself. After the baby is born, breastfeeding is a great way to help you lose weight as long as you eat healthy.

My mom and my sister are both in better shape now than they were before they had kids, so I know it's possible! It'll just take a lot of hard work!

im so ready! My mom had 4kids abd snapped back in shape. All the women includding my grandmother got their shape back...stretch marks stayed. Hubby said I can get a tummy tuck so we saving for it now. How vain lol

i know its going to change my body alot but i dont care at the moment , i just want a baby in my belly and ill deal with the stretch marks etc after x

I agree with mummy.wannabe, at the moment all i want is that BFP :) With a good diet and exercise, lotions, you should be fine, at the end of this all, we will have that lil someone to take care of, and it will be all worth it :)

S_Dowd, I second that on the stretch marks, which is why I'm slightly worried! lol
At puberty, my upper thighs and hips got all marked up. Luckily I have very fair skin so once they have faded it's not too bad.

I agree that it will all be worth it in the end!

Realistically, though, I know some of the changes (definitely the stretch marks) will bug me. Maybe I should blame society for making us all work too hard to attain an unrealistic version of beauty.

I'm very modest. I've never worn a bikini in public lol. So I am not worried about that. I take after my mom in everything and she was chubby until she had kids - she;d been very slim ever since. 110-120 pounds at 5'3". In 4 pregnancies she never got a single stretch mark! I unfortunately am very prone to them so that does worry me. Does anyone know of any real way to protect against them? I've heard fish oil works but you're not supposed to take that when pregnant...

Everything I've ever read or heard says that there's no real way to prevent them. They all recommend staying hydrated and moisturized. So basically, keeping your skin healthy is the best you can do!

I'm trying hard to get my mind and body whipped into shape, though I must say how difficult it is to step on the scale and to know that I've gained a whopping 20lbs in just two months after coming off the pill! The weight gain is just so rapid and I'm feeling really discouraged. I've quickly exceeded my accepted BMI so am just trying to exercise more and eat better to facilitate my TTC efforts...

As for mentally, I've been reading books and chatting with a lot of friends who are mothers. Their stories are really a mixed bag - one friend told me to think thrice before getting pregnant because her son has forced her to make severe lifestyle changes that she now resents (then again, she was a party girl before she got pregnant). Another says it all gets better after the first year. I guess ultimately I have to decide what I really want and what I can really handle...

Im 100% ready to accept any changes that pregnancy throws at me! The weight gain Im not too worried about as Im very active and will continue to be so ill lose the weight, as for the stretch marks Ive got a few over the years & scaring from hip replacement, lots & lots of E45 helps them fade! Ive had 16 operations on my hip & you would only see the scar if you were looking for it....E45 is the way to go!

One thing I am worried about is tearing down there. My best friends mom tore from her clitoris to her anus! Her Dr. called all his students in to show them. It sounded horrifying. Even today she can;t laugh without peeing. She has to wear a pad at all times. Also everything loosened up so much that a few years ago she had her bladder drop. It was coming out of her vagina and she had to push it back in. OMG.

I mean, I really didn't expect for stuff like that to happen to people I know.

peaberry, I understand your pill pains. It's definitely a lot harder to stay skinny off the pill, which is weird. I thought everyone used to say you would gain weight ON the pill???

MarcsMrs, I'm writing that tip down!

Hels_Bells, that is the most horrifying birth story ever! I can't imagine the pain. As for the doctor getting his students, I think I'd have to say no. I think it's bad enough a doctor or two and nurses have to see all that. If more people came in, I'd be embarassed for a lifetime!

Totally ready for it all! Practising my pelvic floor exercises at all times LOL and started ab work so my belly doesn't totally go out of shape lol

I am ready! Distracting myself with getting in to even better pre-baby shape while waiting for the BFP!

I run so I am in fairly decent shape, but next semester - my last semester! - I am taking pilates as well. Tone up before it all goes down hill! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->