are you still going about your daily routines

diamondgem27

Reaction score
I'm 38+2 with my first and although I have spd which hurts a little when I walk but is worst when I've been resting a while, I am still doing everything I did before being pregnant.

I do the grocery shopping, go out Xmas shopping with my mum and hubby and on my own some days, I clean the whole house from top to bottom. Still cooking and driving about meeting up with friends etc.

I'm even going to the cinema today and maybe for a walk later.

Hubby thinks I should be taking it really easy now but just getting on with things is keeping me sane :)

Am I doing too much? I don't want to overdo it and for things to go wrong with my pregnancy so late on.

What are you ladies doing in your final weeks (i know some of you aren't so lucky as to do a lot and may be on bed rest etc) x x

I have a 2year old so I have no choice but to go about normal routine! Although I am quiet anaemic so I am persuading him into the pushchair more so I don't have to chase him or put him in the sling & I have something to lean on if I get breathless/dizzy!

I'm at the point where I have no choice if I stand for 20 minutes my feet & legs swell so badly I can't stand and there is the pelvic pains, if I didn't have that then I'd be carrying on just the same!

I'm the same as Joey, I have a 2 year old so I don't have the option to slow down at all. I'm still working, shopping, cleaning, gardening, you name it!
First time round I had high BP so I had to take it easy, I would get up around 0730 have breakfast, take oh to work, cone home get back in bed, wake up at 12, have lunch, watch a bit of afternoon tv, little nap in the afternoon, cook dinner, bed at 8pm.
I was so drained all the time!!
In the beginning of this pregnancy I was absolutely exhausted, I would take my toddler up to bed with me during the day and put on a film for him while I slept. It was the most indescribable tiredness, thankfully it hadn't returned quite as bad in the 3rd Tri.

If you're comfortable then go with it. Just listen to your body and if it says "stop!" then do it! Lol. Tbh I drove my self to the hospital to be induced at 42+2, was cleaning til 2am the night before and popped into the supermarket on the way to hospital. Being pregnant first time didn't stop me doing anything but I would pop my feet up if I felt I was over doing it.

People who say you should be taking it easy a) have clearly never been pregnant and experienced the horrendous waiting game and b) have a bloody easy life if they think the washing will just do itself!!!!

I have pretty bad SPD (pelvis pain) but it hasn't slowed me down, I worked up to 38+3 and would of worked another week but OH and I had 4 days vacation scheduled. :) Csec is in two days. We've still been having sex a few times a week, I do the grocery shopping, I havn't been walking long distances but still been running around errand running a few times a week. I think its up to you and how you feel. I get bored easily so that makes it hard not to keep busy lol.

I agree ... Go about your daily life and stop when your body tells you too. Somedays bump just wont let me and I get exhausted within minutes. Other days I can go all day without stopping.
Besides ... Being active is supposed to help make the birth easier

I am. I'm still at work for another 2 weeks, plus have a toddler to chase after too, so I'm doing everything as I normally would be.

i decorated the bedroom and kitchen at 33 weeks, i still clean the house top to bottom, cook meals and such. i cant walk far as i too have SPD and i dont drive so its rare i get out and last time i did the food shop i fainted so i dont go alone anymore. its quite frustrating having loads of energy but not being able to do as much as i would like so i do what i can when i can. listen to your body! when your body has had enough it will tell you then its time to rest some otherwise make the most of it. i have had a few horrible days where i cant do anything as i am sleep deprived and feel weak and i hate it.

Yep I am carrying on as normal, but I am very lucky to be having a straightforward preg!

i have a 16 month old so don't have a lot of choice! i did finish work last week, a week or so earlier than i finished first pregnancy, but have been keeping active with bella (lots of walks with her walking / in the sling / in the pushchair), we did a 3 hour stint, both of us running around at soft play the other day!

my main issue has been morning sickness, which is still constant now.

xx

I am carrying on as usual... still being an active Mum for my son (standing for 2 hours watching him do rugby practice is tiring!), still mucking out our horses everyday, still doing all the house chores and all that general stuff. I plan to right up until my section. I have some spd issues and a couple of other health issues but they won't beat me :) x

Other than working yep! Although i dont have much choice with my toddler so :shrug:

Yep I am carrying on as normal, but I am very lucky to be having a straightforward preg!

Absolutely! Only able to carry on as normal because I'm blessed with a healthy pregnancy. I'm knackered but things still need doing!

well i have to say good for you if you feel you are ok, then you're ok! i must admit i do still do quite a bit (30 wks) im moving so am packing and i have horses that need tending to twice a day, but sometimes i admit i use pregnancy as a reason to have a rest and i dont feel bad about it either as im one of those who dont know when to stop so i make myself stop before i get tired, every one is different and carrries different, me personally was totally knackered in 1st tri seem to fall asleep anywhere.:thumbup:

I started slowing down a bit this past week, not completely but im starting to struggle now. Luckily i have my MIL who is really keen to help, so we are hanging out alot more than usual as she can chase after Jacob for me. Friday we went to the woods and then out for a pub lunch, was lovely and gentle and i was relaxed because i had her with me but then when hubby came home we went to asda for the shop and by the time we got back my feet were burning with the swelling and my back killled. So thats too much for one day! Im finding one "main" activity for the day is about as much as i can handle.

This week hubby is home so the most im going to do is concentrate on making sure the house is kept clean and tidy and everyone is ready! I cant wait to have my body back.

got bad SPD but cant do anything but carry on with daily life, DH is helping a bit more in the evenings with doing the bedtime routine and he drops ds1 off at nursery 2 mornings a week now but I just have to tough it out the rest of the time to get things done else nothing would get done lol

I have a 2 and 5 year old with dancing/ swimming lessons and school runs and a house to run so yes, normal routine apart from work x

I've been just carrying on as usual. My due date is tomorro and I went to the cinema to watch Arthur Christmas last night with my friend and our kids. Plus I've been shopping and took my son out by myself etc...

Also as someone said, the cleaning, washing, cooking etc... wont do itself in this house and will just pile up if I dont do it. xxx

38 weeks on wednesday and other than being on maternity leave i'm still doing everything around the house, going out etc... I figure my body tells me when i'm overdoing it and i'm making the most of my time to get stuff done before baby arrives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->