Are you still having sex past 30 weeks?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
This may be a very stupid question, but they say having sex 'can' induce labour! Does that mean you risk inducing labour earlier if you're still having sex/orgasms regularly?

As I get furthur along, Im worried at nearly 32 weeks that in a few weeks I could end up inducing labour from having sex most days.

So is anyone still having regular sex? Like most days?!

Has it made you go into labour or start with labour symptoms?

Worried I should maybe abstain from sex until after 36 weeks!!

Hehe I'm still dtd and nothing is happening and 38+ weeks so don't think there is anything to worry about. Think people just suggest it to help if overdue.....

If babys ready it'll happen but i dont think it'll do anything if babys not.

Im full to bursting with mine, hubs wont have sex now (freaks him out) but I read somewhere that orgasm can start labour cos of the release of oxytocin or whatever its called- so I *ahem* got busy and had a couple= the result? Absolutely naff all. Fun trying tho

yes- i don't think it'll really do anything. then again i'm a ftm and maybe a bit naive :haha:

We still are, I'm not worried about it causing anything to happen too soon, but I worry that by having regular intercourse up until my due window it won't have any impact on helping baby get out sooner when I am hoping to encourage an earlier labour because my body might be used to it (as in 40 weeks not earlier) I know, I know these things probably don't work at all but if I can try to some harmless things to avoid an Xmas baby, maybe it'll help who knows.

we slowed down on the sex due to my worry about mc then now i find its so uncomfortable and at 30 weeks id get bh that were so uncomfortable itr reallt was not worth it . Now im doing it to hope it helps things along but my tummy gets in the way so much lol xx

We still DTD not as much as before because we are worried about baba, and I feel like a turtle. I worry about bringing on labor and it's a bit tender "down there" after.

We're not...but only because I just find it far too uncomfortable x

We've done it all the way through and now as I'm induced tomorrow have tried it to bring things on but it hasn't really done much other than the odd BH/Contraction afterwards.

Comfort wise, from 33 weeks onwards baby was so low and my spd so bad that it was tricky to be comfy enough to do it and then there were the swollen lady parts to contend with! And I think positioning has a lot to do with whether braxton hicks were a pain - literally (side by side produced no BH pains whatsoever but lying flat on back brought on a strong BH - as did having an orgasm on my back).

Thanks Ladies! Im still managing it (just) though it is getting harder as I feel my baby is pushing on my cervix?!

Babies can't engage at 32 weeks can they?

I guess that's why I'm worried to carry on as I have felt pressure there for a few days now!

me and my husband still do it all the time, i dont think it will do any harm :)

I had sex regularly in my last pregnancy and didn't have my daughter until her due date so I don't think it will do anything unless babies ready :) were doing it regularly this pregnancy to x

Doctors will tell you to avoid sex if you are high risk of membrane rupture or preterm labor. Otherwise, they will tell you that it's ok. You and your doctor know your own health situation, so ask him/her about it. One would assume that if your doctor hasn't told you not to, that it's very likely ok for you.

39 weeks today and when not to tired try to get a bit of :sex: when we can... we have found a couple of comfortable positions which don't put to much effort on either of us...

Anyway it took ages for us to get back to normal after DD so getting it in whilst we can :blush::blush:

Thanks Ladies! Im still managing it (just) though it is getting harder as I feel my baby is pushing on my cervix?!

Babies can't engage at 32 weeks can they?

I guess that's why I'm worried to carry on as I have felt pressure there for a few days now!

They bob in and out of the pelvis sometimes but at 32 weeks they won't normally be engaged for while. Mine has been head down since 32 weeks and was partly engaged (4/5) by 34 weeks and dropped lower week on week (2/5 as of last wednesday) but the pressure on my cervix and lady bits was immense from about 30 weeks but I think that was down to my SPD and the weight of the bump and baby. Baby is getting big now (I think mine was around 4lb at 32-33 weeks) and also the hormone that releases your joints will be making everything in the pelvic area wider to help baby pass through so you'll notice lots of uncomfy changes and shifts in pressure down below unfortunately! All part of the fun!

My baby was engaged at 32 weeks (I wasn't told how much?), but I'm at risk for pre-term labor. Every day is a blessing. I can't dtd, but even if I could, I am so uncomfortable I definitely wouldn't anyhow. Plus, OH is totally freaked out by the idea, lol.

I wouldn't worry about sex too much unless you are high risk. If it's a normal, healthy pregnancy go for it.

If your OH ejaculates inside you the semen has prostaglandins. Those will help soften the cervix, so when it's time for labor it will be nice a ripe. Orgasm releases oxytocin, which is a chemical that is released during labor. It also produces the uterus to contract. All of this gets the body ready to deliver. Again, there is not much to worry about if you are having a normal, healthy pregnancy. It'll just help prepare the body for when the time comes. So go for it, enjoy it while you can, and have fun:thumbup:

Sex will not bring labour on if baby isn't ready, none of the 'old wives' tales will work if your body and baby isn't ready :)

My friend did 7x a day sometimes and nothing...castor oil ended up being what caused her to go into labor.

I've had sex 2x since I got pregnant (BD left when I was 9 weeks...) so only 2x since and man, it's cause I wanted to see...and nope. I'm good not doing anything xD

My friend did 7x a day sometimes and nothing...castor oil ended up being what caused her to go into labor.

I've had sex 2x since I got pregnant (BD left when I was 9 weeks...) so only 2x since and man, it's cause I wanted to see...and nope. I'm good not doing anything xD

Just wanted to add as it's been mentioned, I'm sure most people have heard about this being discussed, but please nobody try castor oil, yes it very could well work but you will be endangering your baby if you do. Castor oil basically makes a woman need the toilet, usually to the point of diarrhoea which due can trigger contractions and labour but can also make the baby poo inside the mum (meconium) and cause complications please nobody do this, if there is a medical reason your baby needs to come out sooner you will be induced under medical supervision, if there isn't please don't use castor oil no amount of desperation is worth the risk.

I do have a high risk pregnancy due to APS and i inject daily blood thinning injections. And being induced anytime from 37-39 weeks, depending on how well she grows!

But im not high risk for pre-term labour so I guess I can DTD away :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->