Are you telling your family/friends when you're TTC

We had an early mc in August and both of our moms knew about it along with two of my closest friends. My mom knows that we are trying again in January and I'm glad that I was able to talk to her about it despite her having her opinion. She's my best friend so it would be way too hard not to tell her. Besides the hunny she was the first person I told when I was pregnant before. Announcing it to the world and other family members definitely not but a few close people I'm happy sharing it with them.

Absolutely not.

Just personal for me, but my family will NEVER be supportive with us TTC so we're definitely going to be keeping it to ourselves..

Sounds awful but we already agreed not to tell his mum until 6 months pregnant... His poor sister told her the moment she was pregnant, she circled almost every other name in a baby names book... Good thing we live 7 hours drive away!

We definitely wouldn't tell anyone! Can't be dealing with everyone's opinions and advice before we've even are a baby!

DH's family would be far too excited, and my family would be horrified.

...Also, I always feel awkward when people have told me that they're TTC. All I hear is "Just wanted to let you know that we're having lots of sex at the moment. LOTS OF SEX." ...

I would probably think that too. :haha:

Nope, didn't tell anyone except for a friend who was also TTCing.

My mom always knows everything. No one else asks and we don't tell. Usually everyone else finds out when we're half way through first tri.

We won't be telling anyone. I have two close friends who WOULD probably know we will be trying, but they're single right now, so I don't see point telling them we're going for the next step... I wouldn't tell the exact time or month, not even a year, to anyone I know, because I don't want to be asked all the time if the trying is paying off. I think my mom will be first to know, and not even even she before than during first months of pregnancy. And dad around the same time too. It's the most personal to them. OH's parents will know quite early as well, but I hope not that early, 'cause I'm not sure if they can keep quiet about it :D

Nope, no telling anyone about our decision. We have both agreed to stay quiet - not tell anyone about our plans (we want another spring or summer baby so we'll start TTC in the summer) as well as the baby until 12 weeks. I wish I could tell everyone just after the little one will be already born.. Yeah, I like to keep my personal things as private as possible, no announcements on FB or something like that, that's really not my style.

I won't be telling anyone until I'm pregnant. I don't think I could take e pressure and the constant "well are you pregnant yet?" from everyone so we'll just keep it to ourselves! We will probably tell our parents and sisters around 6-8 weeks but extended family and friends won't be told until at least 12 weeks.

We definitely wouldn't tell anyone! Can't be dealing with everyone's opinions and advice before we've even are a baby!

DH's family would be far too excited, and my family would be horrified.

...Also, I always feel awkward when people have told me that they're TTC. All I hear is "Just wanted to let you know that we're having lots of sex at the moment. LOTS OF SEX." ...
You've taken the words right out of my mouth!
Hahaha, last bit made me chuckle - I feel the same! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->