argghhh!!! im being induced in 25 days

Emma 21

Mum of 4 under 5years
Reaction score
so been for a growth scan and review this morning and have found out they are inducing me at 38 weeks on the 27th June... anyone else been induced? does it hurt more than natural labour?:shrug: and does anyone know the procedure at walsall manor hospital. nothing was explianed they just gave me a leaflet

no real experience to offer really just didn't want to read and run. Good Luck with your induction, sounds like your in good hands though :flower::flower:

I've had both (induction and natural), and if someone asked me which one i would prefer it would be an induction everytime i'm not sure if it had anything to do with it but when my waters broke with my little boy (who came naturaly) the contractions came thick and fast i wasnt able to control how fast i got to the hospital or when. With the induction the contractions came steady so i was able to control myself (to a point)
The only reason i dont want and induction is the fact i would have to wait until i was 42 weeks which i dread to even think about lol

you'll be fine i promise at least you have a confirmed date when you and lo will met :)

Good luck hun and dont worry

I've had both (induction and natural), and if someone asked me which one i would prefer it would be an induction everytime i'm not sure if it had anything to do with it but when my waters broke with my little boy (who came naturaly) the contractions came thick and fast i wasnt able to control how fast i got to the hospital or when. With the induction the contractions came steady so i was able to control myself (to a point)
The only reason i dont want and induction is the fact i would have to wait until i was 42 weeks which i dread to even think about lol

you'll be fine i promise at least you have a confirmed date when you and lo will met :)

Good luck hun and dont worry

thanks i just ahve no experience of induction and was wondering how long it will take... it just a big ajustment iv gone from being due the 11th july to being due the 27th june xx it is my 3rd baby so i am hoping that will speed thing up as i am high risk so dont wanna be there longer than i need to be

I'm being induced June 26th I asked my midwife though if she would perform a sweep at 37+ and she thought it was a very good idea so have to ask my consultant next week as I would rather go natural you should ask also if you would rather go naturally good luck

I don't know why people think it hurts more.

My labor was silent and that was before and after my epidural had fallen out. I mean it was uncomfortable, but it really didn't hurt. :shrug:

iv never had an epidural... only ever gas and air!!!, i dont know if i can have one either im trying to decide on methods of pain relief

so been for a growth scan and review this morning and have found out they are inducing me at 38 weeks on the 27th June... anyone else been induced? does it hurt more than natural labour?:shrug: and does anyone know the procedure at walsall manor hospital. nothing was explianed they just gave me a leaflet

Do you mind me asking, why are they inducing you? I think I could be a candidate based on the size of my baby at my 36 week ultrasound.

i am also being induced on the 20th, and i am in same state, this is my 4th, all were natural, so i am also concerned how it works????

Do you mind me asking, why are they inducing you? I think I could be a candidate based on the size of my baby at my 36 week ultrasound.

i have a blood clotting disorder hun, i am heterozygous factor v leiden... my blood is prone to dvt so i have to inject with clexane a blood thinner twice a day since i was 5 wks pregnant, they say it is dangerous :cry: yet i was never told this with my previous baby... so i dunno :shrug:. she is a good weight tho 5lb 14oz at my scan today

i am also being induced on the 20th, and i am in same state, this is my 4th, all were natural, so i am also concerned how it works????

dont know too much they gave me a date and a leafllet thats it... thanks for nothing xx

I am being induced on the 26th for medical reasons and I've been wondering what on earth is going to happen. This is my first and I'm hoping that as they're inducing me on my due date, he may make an early appearance. Thanks for asking the question it was a very helpful read :)

Im wondering what they are going to do with me, like you Emma ive been on clexane 40mg once a day since 17 weeks due to suspected clot in last pregnancy. Have had 2 small babies already (stopped growing at 32 weeks). And have had previous blood transfusion because of iron levels. and this pregnancy iron levels have lowered again and im on tablets twice a day. I have 2 growth scans left (1 on tuesday 34+1 and one in 2 weeks). I wonder if they'll induce me? What do you think?

Im wondering what they are going to do with me, like you Emma ive been on clexane 40mg once a day since 17 weeks due to suspected clot in last pregnancy. Have had 2 small babies already (stopped growing at 32 weeks). And have had previous blood transfusion because of iron levels. and this pregnancy iron levels have lowered again and im on tablets twice a day. I have 2 growth scans left (1 on tuesday 34+1 and one in 2 weeks). I wonder if they'll induce me? What do you think?

possibly... i didnt know they were going to induce me until yesterday. i am on 75mg of aspirin a day and 40mg clexane twice daily since 5weeks pregnant. it hurts but she is worth it. yeah they only gave me a leaflet and daint really explain it but i spoke to friends who have been induced and they sed it aint as bad as it seems, also that even if it ur first induction, things can happen quite quick especially if u had babies bafore... i had a growth scan at 34+3 yesterday and she was 5lb 14oz xx Go LEXI xx:cloud9:

I'm being induced on Wednesday at 38+1. Had a sweep today and am 'soft but closed' so not sure that is going to help the process naturally. I've got GD and on metformin and insulin injections 4 times daily so they can't leave me until 40+. All I've heard really is....'it can take a long time so bring lots of magazines'....hmmmm....helpful!! haha.

I'm a little scared!

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev171pr___.png

I'm being induced on Wednesday at 38+1. Had a sweep today and am 'soft but closed' so not sure that is going to help the process naturally. I've got GD and on metformin and insulin injections 4 times daily so they can't leave me until 40+. All I've heard really is....'it can take a long time so bring lots of magazines'....hmmmm....helpful!! haha.

I'm a little scared!

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev171pr___.png

lol me too and my hubby and mom are my birthing partners so trying to arrange sitters when u dont know how long u will be is a nightmare... they are worth it tho x

i was induced both times before. got my 34 week scan on tuesday and i have to go to the day assessment unit after so they can plot it. Kinda hoping they will induce this time aswell as the clexane is difficult if u take it and then go into labour on own.

I am so jealous! I would love to be scheduled for an induction already :haha:

I gave birth at 38 weeks after being induced with my first pregnancy, and I had an epidural. It was a very smooth delivery, I was in labor for 24 hours but the majority of the time my only discomfort was being hungry! Congrats and good luck!

i have a blood clotting disorder hun, i am heterozygous factor v leiden... my blood is prone to dvt so i have to inject with clexane a blood thinner twice a day since i was 5 wks pregnant, they say it is dangerous :cry: yet i was never told this with my previous baby... so i dunno :shrug:. she is a good weight tho 5lb 14oz at my scan today

OH well thats good your dr's are staying on top of it for you! At least with the induction you have an idea of when you'll have baby so thats good. I wasn't technically induce with my first child but they did give me pitocin which induces contractions, it wasn't fun but i'd do it again as it got my baby here!

If it helps my consultant said that if I'm dilated at all that the first thing they would do is try and break my waters and wait an hour or so to see if contractions started if no contractions then they start the piton drip. Now if they are unable to break your waters they will do the pessary until your cervix opens enough to break waters hope that's of some use to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->