argh 16 and pregnant?!

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by bellexx, Jan 30, 2011.

1. bellexx

bellexx Well-Known Member

on 16 and pregnant all they do is shout and stress and cry. they are always so tired and they are never happy!! and they always express some form of regret :(
    seriously, how similar is it..?

2. EffyKat

EffyKat Mammy 2 a gorgeous prince

I can safely say my life is no way similar. Yes, I've cried but because I have post natal depression. But I don't scream or get angry or anything. I love my baby more than anything and I can't think of life without him. I don't regret getting pregnant or having my baby at all. He is my whole life and I'd do anything and everything for him.

3. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

Of course motherhood can be stressfull, but these shows air the "intresting" parts, they wouldn't show baby asleep and mum chilling out/sleeping, some scenes are created for entertainment purposes.

I don't regret it at all, never for one second.

4. vinteenage

vinteenage Well-Known Member

Immediate postpartum causes you to be very hormonal and emotional. If I had a camera crew following me as I tried to take care of my newborn, I'd be crying too!

That being said, I didn't cry postpartum about anything directly baby related. I got upset at OH for not helping enough, I'd get upset at other people holding my baby, I'd get upset if someone took food I wanted. It's like pregnancy mood swings x 100.

I've never regretted having Finn. There are "what if?"s but it's curiosity, not regret. The girls on 16 and Pregnant I'm sure are told to say they "regret" or "wish" something or other because well, it can't look like they're promoting teen pregnancy, can it?

5. bellexx

bellexx Well-Known Member

thanks guys, i'm sure they are trying to discourage people. but i was watching the show to try and get some perspective but it has just made me feel really stressed and terrified!! i don't want to be like them!!

6. xforuiholdonx

xforuiholdonx Momma to Emma and Coltin!

16 and pregnant can get dramatic...buts it teen mom that like "ugh, seriously this girl needs to knock of her shit!'... Lol

7. stephx

stephx Well-Known Member

Aha motherhood is pretty much nothing like teen mom. It is tiring and post partum your hormones go crazy so yes, expect to cry :)
    But generally the show is wayy too dramatic and I'd imagine alot of it is staged- I can't image any mother regretting their baby :wacko: but they all say it at the end of the show... But yeah they are probably just trying not be seen promoting teen pregnancy
    X

8. xgem27x

xgem27x Well-Known Member

I can't watch it cos it annoys me too much! Life is only stressful if you don't deal with it properly, and the only reason those girls are so over dramatic is because the cameras are on!

I've got twins to look after, so have to work twice as hard and I never complain or moan about it! I enjoy everyday I spend with my boys and just want to have fun with them and not complain about the hard work that goes in to looking after them! xxx

9. MissMamma

MissMamma Mummy

I agree! And gem i think you are completely and utterly amazing. i have no idea how you do it with two babies to look after. you're a saint in my eyes!

10. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere dh, me and 2dds

Some of them are just bloody morons. I'm sorry but I really do think that some of the girls on 16 and pregnant need a slap in the face.

11. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

sometimes i think on 16 and pregnant some of the girls seem very lazy and immature, and that they rely on their parents too much.
    but like someone else said parenting is sometimes stressful and i have had my minutes of crying with being so stressed. but i can promise you the happiness of having a child overides all the stress, its hard but its so worth it and theirs nothing more rewarding than knowing that youve cared and looked after your baby :flower:
    so yes it can sometimes be stressful, but 16 and pregnant is an american show, therefore its more than likey that its dramatised.
    honestly hun dont worry its the best thing you'll ever do :hugs: xx

12. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

definatly agree with you there!!

13. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

^^this!

14. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

...I do agree that some of them can seem like utter idiots, I cannot stand one of the girls in particular.
    x

15. jovigirl93

jovigirl93 3rd Trimester :D

agreeing with everyone so far!

my life isnt the same at all as any of them! most of them dont have the baby's father helping out, and I do. sometimes you do wanna go crazy, but I would consider my life to be totally great! :) a lot of them find it to be too much (and it can be sometimes) but I love it now! :thumbup:

also I do think MTV may only be showing certain part so it doesnt look like they are promoting teen pregnancy!

16. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

There are bits and pieces that happened to some of some of the girls in 16 and Pregnant that I can relate to but very, very few. They want it to be "juicy" so they show the most dramatic scenes or in some cases it's even staged. But the times where they cried because they were over tired or weren't getting help/support or where just down right sad, that I can relate. It's hard but every second is worth it. Seeing Tori smile at me every day just reassures me. I would do it over and over again because she is my air and I need her to live. It may be "reality" but just remember, it's TV. They want viewers and will do whatever it takes. There may be "points" of relation but very, very few, I promise it's not all like that, there are so many ups. Good luck and have a very healthy and happy 9 months!
    :hugs:

17. divershona

divershona Mummy to Kaya :)

i agree with what everyone else has said, yeah there are times where its tough and sometimes all you want/need to do is have a good cry and believe me thats the best thing you can do sometimes as it will help relieve the stress.

make sure you have some YOU time aswell, even if its just half an hour so that you can have a bath or do something else that you love believe me it will help alot!

18. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

I HATE that programme with a passion :lol:

I dont know, Thers kinda so much more to it that they show in an hour.... good and bad.

19. halas

halas Well-Known Member

some are ok but so many are so so imature and i hate the whole i am also a teenager bla bla bla or the fact that it so rare to come across a decent fob on there its insane they need to cut the winging