Argh It's Driving Me Insane!!! Help!!

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
OH was on our PC laptop earlier and the taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the right hand side and I can not for the life of me work out how to move it back!! The thing I'd normally do (click and drag) isn't working.

Any ideas how to get it back as it is driving me nuts!!!

xxx

Are you sure that you don't get a little double ended arrow if you click right on the edge of it? (That would allow you to make it wider if you wanted to?) I'm sure I've done that before my accident and by dragging it wider and downwards it ended up back where it should have been :lol: x

Right click and untick 'lock the taskbar' if it's ticked then you can move it! x

Nope hun, thats what would normally happen isn't it but there is only the option to make it as wide as half the page but then nothing to pull it down to the bottom of the screen :(

Soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying!!!

xxx

I think if it's unlocked, try dragging it as if you were trying to make it wider, but while you're moving it move the pointer down to the bottom of the screen and it'll drop it off there instead of changing the size. Does that make sense?

I've tried all that too :( God knows what he has done to it!!!

Hopefully it will go back as miraculously as it went there!!

xxx

You can move the taskbar to any edge of your screen. Make sure it is unlocked before you move it.

Right-click an empty space on the taskbar. If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. Unlock it by clicking Lock the Taskbar, which removes the check mark.

Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to the top, bottom, or side of the desktop. When the taskbar is where you want it, release the mouse button.

clik on it with the left mouse button and drag it back down to the bottom xx

Is it still there? You don't drag it with the arrows as you would to make it wider - you just click in an empty space in the middle of it and drag it to where you want it x

It finally sorted itself out last night!!! Was clicking on something totally different and it moved back to where it belonged!!!

God knows what he did to it!!

xxx

Me too hun, it was getting to the stage I'd be asking you to sort it next week!!

Speaking of which, I'll drop you a message as be good to see you both again if you are still up for it xxx

I wouldn't trust me with anything at the moment... our baby monitor has been through the washing machine today and my laptop broke on Sunday :rofl:

Would be lovely to see you again whenever you're free :D x

Kailyn did this once while on my lap at the computer, this is what you do if it happens again, press Ctrl + Alt and then an arrow key either right or left until it's back, I had no idea what to do either and had DH go on his computer and look it up so it would be fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->