Argh! MUST STOP GOOGLING!

roc

mummy to Dylan!
Reaction score
Ok, paranoid and anxious pregnant lady, at it again with my posts!

When I had my scan, I was put back 4 days, to 6 weeks. There was a heartbeat present, and all looked fine... but now I'm freaking out baby was too small! 😐

Baby was only 3. 2 mm Crl.
So, my thing is this. Was the fact the heartbeat was there more important than length? I've read that between 4-6mm is normal.

*sigh * this P.A.L stuff is hard!!

Yes, the fact the heart beat was there is most important. You could have ovulated later than you thought, or just have a titchy baby. Also, measurements can be off. With my eldest I had to go back for a rescan as there was an issue with his kidneys at 20 weeks, but at that scan we had been told his stomach measured off the scale. When we went back and a different person scanned me they said "wow, it looks like the last person was a little generous with their measurements, babies perfectly proportioned."
I know how hard it is, but please try not to worry. My 2nd I was put back by 4 days as well and he was perfectly healthy. By the end those 4 days won't make a difference

Did they take a few measurements? They are measuring such small amounts it is hard to be accurate.

This pregnancy was measured 4 days behind and I was worried but by 12 weeks it measured right on my original dates.

Try to step away from google... (says the person who googled all through the 1st trimester!)

Did they take a few measurements? They are measuring such small amounts it is hard to be accurate.

This pregnancy was measured 4 days behind and I was worried but by 12 weeks it measured right on my original dates.

Try to step away from google... (says the person who googled all through the 1st trimester!)

I've no idea if she took a few measurements or not, she did say she didn't want to scan for long, because baby was only small still, and that all was fine, and I didn't need a follow up until the 12 week scan... the EPU midwife seemed very happy for me with the results...

BUT I'm just struggling, as I've had m/c in the past, Inc. 2 partial molars, so just finding it hard to settle my worries.

Hello Roc

I googled the exact same thing and read the exact same info as you after i had a 6 week scan and scared myself to death. My LO only had a measurement of 2.4mm at 6 weeks and i panicked and panicked. I went for a scan at 8 weeks and he/she measured right on track for 8 weeks (on the scale the measurement was bang in the middle). Im sure everything will be just fine, there are massive variations in measurements at 6 weeks. I know what its like worrying during pregnancy, i google everything i cant help it. xx

Hello Roc

I googled the exact same thing and read the exact same info as you after i had a 6 week scan and scared myself to death. My LO only had a measurement of 2.4mm at 6 weeks and i panicked and panicked. I went for a scan at 8 weeks and he/she measured right on track for 8 weeks (on the scale the measurement was bang in the middle). Im sure everything will be just fine, there are massive variations in measurements at 6 weeks. I know what its like worrying during pregnancy, i google everything i cant help it. xx

It's all just so scary and nerve-wracking isn't it.
I wouldn't even mind, but my last pregnancy was my 6 year old, and I don't think I was as nervous with him as I am now, and he was right after miscarriages etc...
Think maybe I'm worried about my age this time (35)
*sigh*

The hb is more important. I was high risk with daughter and was being scanned weekly from 6 weeks to 15 and I only measured exactly 7 days a few times; most scans I was either ahead or behind. Plus, on my OB's ultrasound machine, out beside where the date comes up when they do the measurement, there is a +- 6 days. My OB said that means that the date that comes up you can add or subtract 6 days and that's normal. So if you are behind 4 days, that's a normal (expected) scan. Congratulations. Oh, and I had 3 miscarriages, 2 chemicals before daughter, not to mention I was 46, so I know how nerve wracking and worrisome it is. Best of luck

I'm guilty of too much googling, but usually what I find is reassuring. Maybe because I read several sources and tend to trust a few sites before I trust others.

In any case, my reading has shown you don't really need to measure exactly on your date, especially during earlier weeks, since there's a margin of error like Scout said.

I've no idea if she took a few measurements or not, she did say she didn't want to scan for long, because baby was only small still, and that all was fine, and I didn't need a follow up until the 12 week scan... the EPU midwife seemed very happy for me with the results...

BUT I'm just struggling, as I've had m/c in the past, Inc. 2 partial molars, so just finding it hard to settle my worries.

Try to trust that they know it looks ok.

I had 2 miscarriages before this one so I know how hard it is to relax. I honestly thought this one wouldn't make it too and didn't let myself get excited until after 12wks. It wasn't a very enjoyable 1st trimester but I think it is normal to do this after experiencing miscarriages as you try to protect yourself.

I don't remember what my dd eased when, just always smaller. But I understand the anxiety.
I have a beta test in the morning first one thus far and I am stressed over it coming back showing negative pregnancy after my faint bfp the other day.
I hope the fact that the heartbeat was there will soothe you some

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->