Argh the screaming!

Natsku

Reaction score
Help!! She's been screaming pretty much non-stop for 3 hours now, and been awake for 5. She just won't sleep no matter what I do! OH has taken her to the shower now to see if that calms her down and so I can rest but this is driving me crazy :(

Tell me she'll go to sleep soon PLEASE!!!

Oh you poor soul. What age is she? My ds was a nightmare. Thankfully this baby is much better but i know how you feel. It makes you feel so helpless. What about putting her in a swing/ vibrating bouncer? Is it wind? If you are bottle feeding you could try changing her milk. x

She's 4 months but hallujah the shower worked! I put her down after the shower and she just went to sleep without grumbling. It seems always just as I give up, so does she and she settles but still, I wish it wouldn't take hours to get her to sleep :(

I wish we had a swing or vibrating bouncer but can't afford one. Sometimes I sit her on the washing machine to calm her down!

awwww hun *hug*

babies, eh?! who'd have em?! hahahaha

glad she settled for you though..

xxx

I told her that she's lucky I love her otherwise I'd send her back :haha:

lol...what about trying for a second hand one? Try ebay? There are some bargains on there. I have been using my swing all the time. With my ds the vibrating bouncer was amazing. I have one but my dd is just a bit too little for it atm. It used to send my other children to sleep. You really should try ebay for one. If i could choose between the two, a vibrating bouncer was better than the swing. Glad she settled for you x

lol...what about trying for a second hand one? Try ebay? There are some bargains on there. I have been using my swing all the time. With my ds the vibrating bouncer was amazing. I have one but my dd is just a bit too little for it atm. It used to send my other children to sleep. You really should try ebay for one. If i could choose between the two, a vibrating bouncer was better than the swing. Glad she settled for you x

I'll take a gander on ebay then and see what I can find. Thanks for the advice!

Aww poor thing. I was just looking at your parenting journal yesterday and wanted to say how gorgeous she is.

If you can't find a cheap chair or swing, maybe you could try taking her for a drive around the block. I have a few friends who swear by this!

Aww poor thing. I was just looking at your parenting journal yesterday and wanted to say how gorgeous she is.

Thank you, I think she's pretty gorgeous too but I might be a little biased...

If you can't find a cheap chair or swing, maybe you could try taking her for a drive around the block. I have a few friends who swear by this!

Our car is being fixed at the mo but will try that when we get it back

..... put out a plea to your friends (and ask them to ask their friends) if anyone has a swing or vibrating chair you can borrow. My lovely fisher price vibrating chair, with attached blanket and fab toy bar is at my mates house - as my lo screamed the place down everytime you put her in there (my 12 year old loved his basic bouncy chair). My mate is really pleased as she was about to spend silly money on one for her LO. I kept my travel cot for years after my ds1 stopped using it, for when my mates with LO came over - and I lent it out several times to friends and family who were having guests with at LO.

Glad the shower worked and hope you got some sleep too x

I only have one mum friend here whose kid is much older and she's already given me all her baby stuff. I'll hope ebay/local equivalent will have something affordable.
Nice that you could help out your mate though.

Just as I head to bed she wakes to eat - ah well, she's calm and sleepy at least

i sit on the birthing (gym) ball and bounce and sing 2 junior i got mine for under £5 argos im taking my son 2 baby massage for the 1st time 2morrow the health visitors run it from my docs free so im hoping 2 pick up a few tips there :) x

The screaming started again the moment I put her down :( Finally got some sleep with her in my arms lying in bed but I just woke up and had the bright idea to move her back to her bed - screams! Feeding now *sigh*

She had to sleep in my arms again, really uncomfortable. So knackered now.

poor mama. i wonder what's going on with her and sleep. will she not lie next to you and cosleep? sometimes olivia has to fall asleep in my arms and then i just turn on my side and slowly lower her next to me keeping her head on my upper arm as a pillow--she's none the wiser when I do so for the most part...if she's really asleep.

She woke up when I tried to do that but she went down by herself after I posted last. Just played with her feet til she fell asleep so I got some rest :)

Is there a Finnish version of freecycle/freegle? My mum's a member of the Edinburgh one and she says there's always loads of baby stuff being offered.

Glad you got some rest in the end - hope you have enough energy for the day or at least that she naps well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->