Argh!!! What do I need for induction?!

alio

Reaction score
So girls, I'm being induced tomorrow...

Now I can't seem to think straight! Does anybody recommend anything to take along with me?

And I know this sounds silly but what do I wear to go in?!

I know this all sounds silly!!!!!

Thanks guys. xx:happydance::happydance:

where whatever you wish lol!

It is basically the same as you would do if you were in labour. They will likely give you a johnny gown to wear during your induction and labour.

Other then that, bring your regular hospital bag :D Snacks, Magazines, Ipod etc for while your waiting.

ditto to ryder...

i took my own nighty but ended up in a hospital gown, take magazines, snacks, ipod, nothing different than if you were just in labour normally, it just may be a bit more waiting around thats all...on the other hand they may just fly out!!

good luck

h x

I wore normal clothes and PJs! :rofl:
Take magazines and LOTS of them.

Glad you got your way! Good luck for your induction tomorrow-hope it doesn't take too long! x

Take loooooaaaddds of books and things to read and music... :happydance: How exiting for you hun!! I'd wear some joggers and a comfy top :)

YYYYAAAAAAYYYY!! VERY EXCITING!! I have no helpful advice as I've never given birth! My thoughts would be keeping very comfy. My friend was induced a few months back (with Epidural from the start) and read for hours and hours so defo take entertainment.

hey, i took dvds to watch, my own clothes which i was not allowed to wear, snacks for DH, a book, cell phone and charger, small wash cloth, hot water bottle, almond oil, music and all my stuff for after like baby clothes, clothes for me to go home in, pads, and a squirt bottle for if i had stiches ( i did! ) hope this helped, wishing you a successful induction.. be patient it can take time.. mine took 24 hours. P.s. If you get petocin i recommend the Epidural!

hey, i took dvds to watch, my own clothes which i was not allowed to wear, snacks for DH, a book, cell phone and charger, small wash cloth, hot water bottle, almond oil, music and all my stuff for after like baby clothes, clothes for me to go home in, pads, and a squirt bottle for if i had stiches ( i did! ) hope this helped, wishing you a successful induction.. be patient it can take time.. mine took 24 hours. P.s. If you get petocin i recommend the Epidural!

That's brilliant. Thank you. xx

Im wondering the same, what time are you going in at? i might just go in in my pjamas as im in at 8am in the morning! and after being kept in the hospital i realised omgsh i WISH id brought this and i WISH id brought that..i would just put in whatever you want to bring and dont worry about the space because when your induced you have a private side room right? so all the space is for YOU! xxx

Take your hospital bags my dears! :D This is what you've been packing and repacking them for isn't it? :rofl:

Good luck to each. :hug:

Im wondering the same, what time are you going in at? i might just go in in my pjamas as im in at 8am in the morning! and after being kept in the hospital i realised omgsh i WISH id brought this and i WISH id brought that..i would just put in whatever you want to bring and dont worry about the space because when your induced you have a private side room right? so all the space is for YOU! xxx

Yeah babe, our own little room!!! I have to call at 8am for them to check the bed situation. Midwife told me to take shit loads of mags and snacks and music... but beyond that, god knows?! It's all suddenly very scary isn't it?

Good luck hun!

As the others have said, take plenty of things to keep you occupied & some snacks too.......I'd also make sure you have some cash so whoever you are with can nip to the shop if you want anything else.

I know that induction can take a looooonnngggg time, BUT......with my first, from the first round of medication, to the time he was born was less than 6 hours!!! So also be prepared that it could all happen mega quick!!

xxx

Good luck hun!

As the others have said, take plenty of things to keep you occupied & some snacks too.......I'd also make sure you have some cash so whoever you are with can nip to the shop if you want anything else.

I know that induction can take a looooonnngggg time, BUT......with my first, from the first round of medication, to the time he was born was less than 6 hours!!! So also be prepared that it could all happen mega quick!!

xxx

Oooooohhh thank you beauty!! xx

really good luck sweetie :hugs: i would take your hospital bag and baby bits plus like everyone else has said PJ's, snacks, magazines, ipod etc. also take bath bits - i really liked a bath during the first stage of labour, the warm water helped. also i really found the birthing ball helped :) good luck again :hugs:

Take a few pairs of PJ's as i didn't go into labour on the first day of induction so had to stay overnight and when i had a shower the next day i had to put on my labour nightie as stupid me thought one pair would be enough and didn't wanna put the ones that i'd been sat around in and slept in the day before

Oh my gosh! Good luck for 2moro!!! Exciting!! xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->