ARGH Why is finding a pram so hard!!

bump#1

Reaction score
I have looked at so many prams I will be seeing them in my sleep - haunting me with their reviews and manuals and fancy things that they do. Did you know they make prams that can also be a highchair?? I just want a pram!! :hissy:

Every pram I like seems to have the worst reviews. I feel in love with the Silver Cross 3d pram - apparently the brakes fail and babies have been hurt as a result...back to square 1. Bah!!! :dohh:

Phew! Rant over.

Any advice on what prams are good and won't cause me to re-mortgage my house will be muchly appreciated :D

if yr looking for the traditional type pram then they are going to be more espensive but if yr looking for the more trendy prams then I would choose the graco symbio so far the reviews are very good and there seem to be a deal to be had at toysrus and kiddicare.
I really liked the cossatto range not expensive and comes with everything but didnt like the fact that i couldnt try it out mothercare suggested i buy it and then if i didnt like it they would refund me, I went for the more traditional pram so wasnt cheap but wasnt the most expensive either we collected our icandy peach last tuesday and I love it, not too big or bulky easy to push and even though the price tag seems high most places will give you a huge discount we got our for £534 instead of £775, good luck xx

The Sola defiantely seems to be the best one i've seen so far. I guess i'll have to do lots more research. Plus just means more time in m&p and mothercare test driving prams :D

I've bought an iCandy Cherry. It's got predominantly good reviews but you have to remember that no matter what product you're looking at, there'll always be reviews for and against it.
I LOVE the iCandy Cherry. You buy the buggy and then you can buy the carrycot to turn it into a pram separately. Like all iCandy's you detach the buggy seat to attach the carrycot directly to the chassis meaning the whole thing grows with your baby. The Cherry is the lightest (and therefore the cheapest!) in the iCandy range.
We paid £320 for the stroller and £140 for the carrycot. We got ours from Funky Bambini and they've got an offer on at the moment, buy any buggy, get a free Maxi Cosi car seat. Because the Cherry is the cheapest in the range, they said to get the offer we needed to buy the footmuff and car seat adaptors (which attach it to the frame). I was going to buy the footmuff anyway, so we were happy to throw another £30 at it and get a £125 car seat in with the deal. We got the buggy, carrycot, footmuff, car seat and car seat adaptors for £580. We were pretty pleased with that.
I would recommend getting a travel system that you can convert easily from a pram to a buggy as so often you hear about people buying big heavy prams (and spending lots on them in the process) and then spending more money six months down the line on a lighter buggy. I'm a nanny and my boss has only ever used her big, heavy Gesslin pram for about the first five months of each of her Children's lives. Then it's gone right back into storage. It can convert into a buggy but it's so heavy that neither of us want to use it. The Cherry is ridiculously light and I LOVE that!

Dunno if it's any help but the Which? website are doing a month's trial subscription for £1 (probably worth remembering to cancel afterwards though as it's £9.99 per month after that if you don't cancel) - it's got tons of reviews of prams all rated against each other under the same test conditions - we found it really useful :flower:

I had no idea that which? did prams. I shall go have a ganger now. Trail periods are a good idea though.

Thankyou

I find it helpful to read the negative reviews... sometimes you'll find its a specific model that has the issue... sometimes other reviewers will state that the 'problem' reported by others only happens with misuse etc...
and most importantly, if the company responds well to parts the break etc, its good to know... almost any product has a chance of malfunction or failure.

When I chose mine, I found that most of the negative reviews were due to this specific wheel design, so I just opted for the model with traditional wheels :)
I'd recommend mine, but it depends on your needs and size/weight desires etc! Its such a personal thing imo

I know this is completely different, but I recently bought some bedroom furniture that I fell in love with, after I had ordered it I was really worried after reading reviews about it but I am over the moon with it, so I dont think you can always go by other peoples opinions!

I have a silver cross 3d and think its amazing... how old were the negative reviews ? as the design in building has been modified. and a brake failure issue could happen with every single pram out there really.

7 weeks to go and i can then take pram out (well maybe lol )

this whole thing got me in a right tiz!!! too much info. In the end I bought a travel system that was on offer in tesco and when I took it to the till they charged it wrongly and I got it even cheaper! that convinced me that it was meant to be! lol! I think in the end you have to go with what you like once all the jargon and reviews start to confuse you! xxxxx

if yr looking for the traditional type pram then they are going to be more espensive but if yr looking for the more trendy prams then I would choose the graco symbio so far the reviews are very good and there seem to be a deal to be had at toysrus and kiddicare.
I really liked the cossatto range not expensive and comes with everything but didnt like the fact that i couldnt try it out mothercare suggested i buy it and then if i didnt like it they would refund me, I went for the more traditional pram so wasnt cheap but wasnt the most expensive either we collected our icandy peach last tuesday and I love it, not too big or bulky easy to push and even though the price tag seems high most places will give you a huge discount we got our for £534 instead of £775, good luck xx

Did you got the carrycot in with that price then? If so Iv been ripped off lol Iv had the icandy peach stroller, carrycot, carseat adaptors, parasol and raincovers for £720 x

take a wee look at the uppababy vista! its got everything :o) i love it! i am so glad that i have found a pram that i love..... good luck xx

I am the same. Sooooooo confused. I fell in love with the 3d first but did the same as you, read reviews and it put me off.

I have now got it down to 3.

M&P Sola which is brilliantly reviewed
The Oyster
iCandy Cherry

I am leaning towards the Sola at the moment but want to go and play with them all. I don't want to spend too much money as I have a perfectly good hauck infinity with carrycot that i loved but i just want a new one lol!

I'm going for the BabyStyle Oyster....Its great for us, has a proper carrycot, easy to steer, easy to collapse, big shopping basket and you can add a maxi cosi car seat to the chassis with a £20 adapter. That was important to me as I wanted a 'named' carseat.

It is a little pricey (travel system inc carseat approx £500) Just hoping we can get a bargain/discount at the BabyShow in a couple of weeks! :+)

ps - if you go to kiddicare.com they have a lot of videos on prams and watching people show you the ins/outs really helped!!

I am really struggling with this as Billy will be nearly 20 months when baby gets here and i can't decide if i need a double or not he is a great walker but will i still need a double or should i get a carrier for baby and keep Billy in his Zapp? so confused.

I think the most important thing is have a good push!!
I originally bought the pliko pramette in mimi. I was completely taken by the pattern on the material. I had a little push and said yeah that's nice and got it. First pram I'd pushed and literally ordered it becoz it looked pretty.

Then I went to John Lewis and walking past the prams I pushed a bugaboo and a few of the ICandy pram. The difference was unbelievable! I loved them both and was pushing them in circles with one hand. I immediately left and went to mamas and papas. I tried the same with the pliko. Big disappointment. I then spoke to a girl who worked at mamas and papas. She said they aren't great to push as she'd had one herself!! How honest!

I sent it back and ordered the iCandy cherry. I loved the apple and peach too but they were too big and heavy for me. So I'd really recommend a good push as well as reading reviews. The Quinny was lovely to push too but they are quite wide. X

sometimes people reviews are full of it i'd just go with what you want, as ive bought stuff with bad reviews and they have been the best ever x

I am really struggling with this as Billy will be nearly 20 months when baby gets here and i can't decide if i need a double or not he is a great walker but will i still need a double or should i get a carrier for baby and keep Billy in his Zapp? so confused.

What about a sit & stand stroller/pushchair? I don't know what the UK options are, but there are ones here now that have a little seat or platform for the older kid to stand on.

my advice to all first time mums about pushchairs
dont pay too much you will be sick of it and want another one in a couple months time people pay way to much for something they will want to change in a few months and trust me you will wanna change it
dont bother buying travel systems uness you have a car you wont need it and they are too bulky
if you use public transport dont buy a 3 wheeler or a pram they are to big and your having trouble getting anywhere
if your having a summer baby dont buy black it gets way to hot in the sun
pick one that folds easily theres nothing worse than holding a baby tons of shopping and trying to fold down that pain in the ass pushchair that needs an army of people to fold x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"