Arghhh. Bloody 1 year Molars :(

X

xxEMZxx

So Liam has his two top 1 year molars come through about 2 weeks ago and although I could tell he was teething, he wasn't too bad.

Today though he has been unbearable. He woke up at 6am (he NEVER wakes up before half 7!), has been crying, screaming and winging all day pretty much. Refused his morning nap... Refused most of his dinner apart from a few strawberries (luckily he had all his breakfast and milk this morning), is not settling for his afternoon nap despite being knackared and the amount of dribble he has had suddenly doubled (and he had a lot before). I gave him some calpol earlier which didn't seem to help at all.

Can someone please tell me that usually the 4 molars come through around the same time? He hasn't been this bad with teething for a long time, I can feel one coming through on the bottom but I always find it harder to tell if a tooth is coming through on the bottom gum compared to the top one.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :hugs:

:hugs:

H's 4 first molars all seemed to take turns to move a little and then the next one and back around... Her bottom two are through completely, but the top two are still only half way through and her canines are on their way now.

:flower:

I don't know about molars, we haven't gotten that far yet. But if Calpol isn't working, try Nurofen - it's way more effective for teething because it's an anti-inflammatory. We use Nurofen during the day and Dozol at night when she's really bad.

We used Nurofen last time round and found it didn't work. Calpol normally does the trick, just not today :(

Darcey went through her first bout of teething easily, untill the molars. We had around 2 weeks of terrible nights, waking all the time and early too, she got colds, was crying all the time, high temps, not eating and all down to these molars. We too gave her Ibuprofen syrup, as the Calpol wasn't having much effect. It has passed now thank goodness, as I was a wreck after being up night after night. Poor little things.

Poor little man :hugs:

I'm sorry I'm not sure how long molars take but have you tried a teething necklace/anklet?

They really help

Tom's top 2 1st molars both decided to cut together on Christmas Eve, the day after his 1st birthday....great timing! And he was awful....we got no sleep that night even with calpol, nurofen etc. The 1st bottom one cut about 6 weeks later without us noticing but the 2nd bottom one which was another 2 weeks on, my god he was in agony again.
And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the molars take a long time to come all the way through so even when they've cut, they seem to carry on causing discomfort for a couple of weeks.

Tom had 8 teeth come through (including the 4 1st molars) between Christmas and the end of Feb - that was 10 weeks of hell! Now his canines are sitting in his gums all ready to come through and I think his back molars are moving into position too. At least that would be it all over and done with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->