Arghhh cot/crib bedding!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by JaneyRetro, Jan 23, 2011.

1. JaneyRetro

JaneyRetro Well-Known Member

Me and OH can't find any decent bedding for our cot or crib.
    We're not into cartoony type characters. There was a lovely set on mammas and pappas with animal silhouette's all over. But its disappeared from the site!

We've searched ebay/etsy/google/all baby shops and can't find anything, at least not affordable anyway.

Can anyone suggest something as i'm pulling my hair out :haha:

2. mumtobeplus1

mumtobeplus1 Expecting & Mum of 1

Mothercare, babies r us, littlewoods, kiddicare...Cant think of any others. x

3. shimmy

shimmy mummy , daddy and baby

ikea has some cute ones but their sizes are a bit different, we've had to go there because our cot is their size x

4. blondey

blondey Well-Known Member

We have the bedtime hugs set from M&P. Its very plain with a little bear (not sure if it would be too cartoony though?) The set is half price at so for £99 you get the bumper, quilt, fleece, fitted sheet, light shade and curtains with tie backs. The curtains and fitted sheet are plain and the curtains are really nice as they are like a waffle type texture so they aren't too boring. The bumper and light shade are waffle type texture again with small pic of the bear and the fitted sheet is plain.

We also bought the changing mat and two square canvas pics and got it all for £126 (as there was 10% off on the day too)

I know what you mean though with wanting something plainer and we thought this was ideal and not OTT in price (compared with some M&P sets!)

xx

5. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

We have the My Jungle Family range from Mothercare - it was the only one that OH and I could agree on!

6. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

We have the fabler range by ikea... We aren't keen on Disney/animal/cartoon and this was colourful and simple without being plain :)

7. bellablue

bellablue Mom of 2 girls 1 son 😊

go into any baby store and check them out also try amazon

8. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Im getting mine from ASDA, it's beige and quite plain but it's cheap and will go with the colour we've chosen for the walls!

9. Minifur

Minifur Well-Known Member

We used Funkymoose.co.uk and have the Owl design by Cloud Cukoo - our theme is owl and the pussy cat, but quite low key

10. surreysharon

surreysharon Mum to Harry born @ 36wks

11. 6yearGap

6yearGap New Member

I will prob use plain white sheets with handknitted blankets and will be making some top sheets with vintage fabric and embroidery that I have stashed in the cupboard (once I am on maternity leave that is!) I quite like Zara home for baby and childrens bedding. Anything with teddies (or man made fabric) makes me feel a bit nervous!

12. JaneyRetro

JaneyRetro Well-Known Member

I know just what you mean :haha: I'm not keen on teddies or the typical type of bedding. Was hoping to make things out of my own material, but OH wants us to buy one aswell. Where abouts on zara are they? Can't find

13. gem_wilko

gem_wilko Well-Known Member

Just be aware.. (i bought them and used them for a few days til my midwife told me otherwise) that "bumpers" in the cot can increase the risk of SIDS as it doesnt allow the air to circulate through the bars.. I felt awful when my midwife told me when she saw our crib. We pretty much wasted the money on the cot set we bought, as we just bought the elasticated cot sheets seperatley, and we got given a sleeping bag/grow bag, which we now use.. thats all there is in the cot now. x

14. 6yearGap

6yearGap New Member

You have to click in the kids section from the normal Zara home I think, I am not sure what they have online as I went to the shop (I'm near Oxford Street).

15. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I agree, cot bumpers are not advised before the age of one, and they won't use a quilt before that age either, so unless you want matching curtains then you can do just as well with plain sheets. We got some decent flanelette ones from Matalan - £8 for two. Abigail just has a bottom sheet and she uses a gorbag. She's13 months now and not ready for a quilt yet as she still moves up and down the cot all night so I worry about her ending up underneath it.

16. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

Try Amazon.com. I got my set there at a decent price. This was the one I picked:

Attached Files: