ARGHHHH 20 min naps!!! Help!

kirstylm

Reaction score
My LO never has any more than 20-25 min naps a day! Its driving me mad as she wakes up and shes still shattered but wont sleep anymore!!!!:wacko:

After shes been up for an hour she needs another nap so I cant go out anywhere at the mo as shes also refusing to sleep in her pushchair!:cry:

She sleeps thru at night so cant complain too much, but still. Its not doing her any good poor girl as shes just always tired!:cry:

Is there anything I can do to help this? Shes on 3 meals a day and has a bottle at each nap which sends her to sleep.

help!:dohh:

Don't really know what to suggest as my LO has only ever napped for 30 mins at a time, he's down to 2 - 3 naps a day now aswell so I have to be like wonderwoman to get anything done!! lol Hopefully she'll go back to normal for you soon :)

Thanks NG09. When she was going thru all those wakings thru the night she had 1hr and half nap in morning and 2 hrs in afternoon, but then awake all thru night so it seems we just cant get it right!

Maybe she will just always be a cat napper! its just so frustrating when she wont sleep in her pram either as were house bound pretty much!!

I still do go out but its just a stress to get done anf get back to the car so she can sleep on way home!

Boo Hoo!!

I know, it's endless, funny you should say that coz when Stephen was up all through the night he had longer naps too, mind you I'd rather he be awake all day than up all night... that was a killer!

Hi,
My Lo is a couple of days older and he is exactly the same. He sleeps all night but only cat naps through the day. I'm lucky if he has 40 mins!!.
I'm sorry i've nothing to suggest but he always sleeps in his car seat when i take him out in the car shopping. It takes a while but eventually he drops off and sometimes sleeps for an hour!!!.
Think I'll go out now so he can have a nap :)

Nate only ever sleeps in 40 min stints. Sometimes he wakes still tired so i pick him up, wrap him in his favourite blanket and rock him 20 mins til hes back to sleep. Naps have always been and still are our biggest hurdle. I cant wait til he doesnt need them anymore. ATM he can survive on 2 x 40 min naps but hes a much happier baby if he gets 3. Usually 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

My LO used to be the same, she would have 3 x 20-30 min naps all day, but she would sleep all night. then she dropped a nap in the morning and sleeps about lunch time, I put her down at 12 and she is still sleeping now, she did stir about 30 mins ago but instead of running to her like I used to I left her and she went back to sleep.

They will get better, it seems that she has put all her sleeps together now and has one long nap, which is great as I can now get stuff done. :hugs:

My LO used to be the same, she would have 3 x 20-30 min naps all day, but she would sleep all night. then she dropped a nap in the morning and sleeps about lunch time, I put her down at 12 and she is still sleeping now, she did stir about 30 mins ago but instead of running to her like I used to I left her and she went back to sleep.

They will get better, it seems that she has put all her sleeps together now and has one long nap, which is great as I can now get stuff done. :hugs:

Thats promising thank u :thumbup:

Emilt has 2 30 min naps a day, always been the sam x

Must have been a good idea to post on this thread earlier, think my LO has taken a hint as he's been sleep for almost 2 hours... unheard of for him in the daytime. I'm at a loss of what to do!!! lol

Must have been a good idea to post on this thread earlier, think my LO has taken a hint as he's been sleep for almost 2 hours... unheard of for him in the daytime. I'm at a loss of what to do!!! lol

u lucky thing! Make a cuppa and watch some Jezza lol!

u lucky thing! Make a cuppa and watch some Jezza lol!

Good idea! Mind you, as crazy as it sounds I'm going to gently wake him in a minute, don't fancy being up all night coz he's slept all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->