Arghhhh Anyone Else Completely Overwhelmed by Which Pram/Travel System To Buy?

Tizy

Reaction score
Hello,

I've only just started looking for a pram and I feel completely overwhelmed! And the price tags! Oh My!!!:wacko:

My baby will be born in November, so I'm guessing I will need a Carrycot? or is it possible not to buy one of these and just wrap baby up warm in lots of sleeping bags/blankets? in the seat area of the pram? I'm a bit worried about space in the house, as we don't have any storage areas or room to keep a fully assembled pram really! So the smaller it is the better.

I feel like I'm totally unorganised, and although we have already done some decorating (not of baby's room yet), I haven't bought any of the big items for the baby yet and we don't have a lot of money, both me and OH on fairly small incomes.

We are getting a Cot, Car Seat and Baby Monitor donated from a family mamber and I have bought Steriliser, Breast Pump, Nappy Bin, Baby Bath Seat, some Clothes and Nappies etc, I don't feel like we've got much.

What are the main things I need now?? Pram (needs to be compatible with Primo Viago Car Seat) Moses Basket, Nursery Furniture and what else????

Replies would be greatly apreciated! Thanks Han Xxx

tbh if thats your carseat i really like the ultima with the mpx base its a big system but really good you get a proper matress with the carrycot so it works as a moses basket perfectly and the seat unit lays fully flat if you didnt want the carrycot and the sleepingbag ( cosy toes ) is totally lush imo and it will do you till your LO is 3/4 yrs old , the whole thing folds up with the seat unit on it and it really doesnt take alot of space for such a big system.

i cried for weeks when i sold mine and would definately get another if my kids werent so close that i need a double :(

Yes! I feel your pain lol.. Got quite a few suggestions but havent bought anything yet, Think I'm gunna have to drag the bf out to go and have a play with some it also has to be alright for him because hes alot taller than me asin- over 6ft and I'm 5ft2 lol xx

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mamas-and-pa...I&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=456206308360478381

heres one for sale for a total bargin price

the pliko pramette would also work or the pliko switch

check the m&p website as well

I feel your frustration too hun! I'm gonna get a carry cot too for my pushchair, I'm liking the babystyle oyster, its funky looking without being horribly expensive!

And let me tell you, you are so not unorganised, we have NOTHING for this baby yet apart from little bit of clothes people have bought!

You need something which lies flat for when the baby is small, you can't have them sitting upright in the seat bit until they're older. If you get a travel system that your car seat will attach to then you can have them in that when they're small, but you're only supposed to have them in car seats for a limited length of time, I can't remember if it's 2 hours or 4 hours, something like that. You could look into getting a wrap/baby carrier if you're worried about space? Some people manage with one of those and a car seat until baby is big enough to sit up in a cheaper, smaller stroller/buggy (about 6 months ish).

baby should be in car seat for no more than 2 hours....

i have the added issue of driving a ford ka, into which bugger all fits

Oh!

Thanks for all your responses thats really helpful.

Miss Mayhem and Irish Cob thanks thats really useful advice.
I can't see us being out with baby in a pram for more than a couple of hours as we do have a car as well, but I would hate to do spinal damage!

Lynnikins, that pram on ebay is really nice, I've posted a question about whether they would consider selling it without the car seat.

Kimmi, I like that pram too and like you said it is quite reasonably priced.

Thanks Char, good luck in your search.

Han Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"