Argos Nursery Furniture - Wardrobes

Blondie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at a couple of wardrobes that come with nursery packages from Argos - the Prague and the Sailsbury ones but it isn't really clear from the website what they are like inside - ie do they just have one large rail or are there shelves inside the main wardrobe section.

Has anyone got either of these and if so could you let me know what they are like inside the wardrobe section please?

This nursery furniture buying lark is driving me nuts :rofl: - anyone else got any other recommendations for a pine nursery set which doesn't break the bank?

We bought just the normal pine wardrobe and drawers from Argos costing us about £150! Its not crappy like i thought it would be and will last the baby until he/she is alot older!

I've got the Salisbury dresser and wardrobe. There is only one rail in the wardrobe but you've got the two big drawers as well. It is a childrens wardrobe though so isn't very tall. I'm quite pleased with it, the only tricky thing was getting the drawers in right when you put it together, the runners basically look like they're in the wrong place but if you put them the way you would think they go the drawers don't fit in.

Here is a couple of pics of mine:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
We're getting one from argos which comes in pine but it the normal height and has 3 drawers in the bottom, its about £80

I've got the Salisbury dresser and wardrobe. There is only one rail in the wardrobe but you've got the two big drawers as well. It is a childrens wardrobe though so isn't very tall. I'm quite pleased with it, the only tricky thing was getting the drawers in right when you put it together, the runners basically look like they're in the wrong place but if you put them the way you would think they go the drawers don't fit in.

Here is a couple of pics of mine:

I have this in white and although I didn't personally build it my oh said it was a lot of faffing about.

I am actually really impressed with the size and height of the wardrobe, we have quite a small nursery and I didn't want a tall wardrobe as it would take up to much room. This is perfect as it its only about shoulder height on me so I use it to pop photos on and stuff so it doubles up as a shelf to :)

The only real negative for me is that the way it has been painted is a bit naff, I assumed it would be stained white ? It is a very thin layer of white glossy paint, very milky. I bought the set in the sale, if id paid full price then I probably would of been a bit dissapointed tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->