Argument at work........

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by sallymuffin, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sallymuffin

sallymuffin Well-Known Member

Someone had brought cakes in this morning for their birthday so I went across to get one. There was a wide selection including some eclairs and custard tarts.
    I'd decided I would have a custard tart (they're my favourite cake :)) and was about to get one when a woman from another department announces "you can't have an eclair". I thought what the **** but before I could say I was having the egg tart she said "you're not allowed cream". I said of course I am, why wouldn't I be allowed cream? Then her colleague joined in both repeating oveer and over "you can't have cream", "you're not allowed cream".
    Eventually I managed to say "Of course I can have cream, I drink milk and anyway I'm having an egg custard", to which they replied "you can't have that either, you're not allowed eggs". I just said "of course I can have eggs, it's cooked and I'm having it anyway".

Everybody behind us found the whole display (which went on for quite a while) highly entertaining! I couldn't believe that people were telling me what I can and can't have. I mean, fair enough if they wanted to tell me that I should really avoid something but to get so bossy and tell me I can't have it, I just couldn't believe it.

I wasn't annoyed just entertained and shocked that people think it's acceptable to do this.
    On my way downstairs one of the managers stopped me and said "I hope you're not going to eat that cake, you know you're not allowed it!" He was only joking, but was telling me he couldnt' beleive they'd made such a show in front of the whole office, stupid people haha :shrug:

2. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

Grrr... I had this last night on Facebook. I mentioned I had been eating a lot of peanut butter and a friend went mental at me!!

You can have cream and you can have eggs - just ignore them!

3. DMG83

DMG83 Mum to 1 beautiful girl

:rofl: i'd have taken one of each and said i was eating for two :rofl:

4. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

Some people are just idiots! I just tell them straight, shut the f*** up, I'll do and eat what I want thank you!:haha:

5. sazibubba

sazibubba pregnant with 2nd bubba

soddin ppl n ther opinions! i never tell anyone what ive been eating lol they will only judge.

6. sallymuffin

I just think it's ridiculous, it's all only advice anyway, at the end of the day if I choose to drink a bottle of vodka everyday I can (not that I would), it's all down to personal choice in my opinion. Makes you wonder what some people actually manage to eat/drink when they're pregnant!!!

7. sallymuffin

Damn - wish I'd thought of this, would've loved their faces then :rofl:

8. MrsMalowey

MrsMalowey Mummy to Sophie

What idiots, and very rude! I definitely would have taken the two!!

9. emzul

emzul Mummy to Charlie Jack

Why do some people have to stick their oar in?!

If you WERE drinking a bottle of vodka, then you could expect someone to mention it, but to tell you that you CANT eat cream and cooked egg?!?!

Some people just think they know it all, but thats ridiculous! LOL sorry you work with such knobs! xx

10. want2bmum11

want2bmum11 Mummy to 1 DS

I would've sacrified the cake and shoved it in his face! Having a bit of a hormonal temper day I think!!! Grrrr x

11. DMG83

DMG83 Mum to 1 beautiful girl

Or shoved my finger in HER cream cake, sucked it off... *oh LOOK no harm done!!!* and then walked off with a big grin on my face!! :haha:

12. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

Some people... lol... sounds like you handled it very well though :) Good for you!!! Sometimes you do just have to laugh at the comments people feel it's OK to make to pregnant women, geesh!!!! lol.

13. Dolphinz4

Dolphinz4 Mommy to a Prince

I swear, people that are not pregnant think they know everything there is to know about pregnancy!! I had this girl give me a list of things I couldnt and can do, AND SHE HAD NEVER BEEN PREGNANT BEFORE!!! It pissed me off- I just want to be like, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!! People are soooo nosy and in your business- I am ok with advice, but not telling me what to do!!!

14. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

i would have told them that since they were so mis-informed they should go back to highschool since they obviously needed an education lol

ive had looks from people occasionally but screw them it wont affect them what you eat

15. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

I hate it when people stick there nose in where it doesn't belong. What I eat and do is none of your business and anyways wouldn't do something not supposed to so butt out. I wouldn't have even conversed with them and just grabbed it eaten in and went on my marry little way.

16. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

That is a great response. LOL

17. MegGriffin

MegGriffin Guest

Of course you can eat cream! I've never heard such nonsense!

I'm fast realising that people at work are the worst offenders for butting their (full of cr*p) opinion in when not asked! xx

18. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

oh ffs! what's wrong with people! of course you have have cream!!

19. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

I got in the elevator the other day, with my jacket on, going for a walk with a friend. But this student (who happens to be a father and think he knows EVERYTHING) got on the elevator and we're not friends, say hi occasionally....he said 'where are you going?'. I said for a walk, he said 'oh you're not going for a cigarette are you?'. Uhmmm, none of your business little boy!! That's what I felt like saying. I thought how rude. It's none of his business #1, #2 no idea why he'd even ask that? Because I was going outside...on a nice spring day...oh the shame! Should've said, 'nah, going to the bar to get drunk!'. lol. And PS I'm a non-smoker, have been for years and years...!
    People can be soooo nosy, like you're public property when you're pregnant.

20. chezziepie

chezziepie Mum to one :)

I have people at work encouraging me to eat! I must be a lucky one. . . .also had a man in subway offer me a cigarette the other day and I've never smoked! Surrey must be an odd place