• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Arranging a wedding rant!

krissy1984

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post in here, me and my fiancé have been engaged since last Christmas, so over a year now. We were gonna get married last year but didn't because of pregnancy. Now lo is here we want to do it this year and it's already stressing me out!

I first arranged the church for 30th July and told everyone only to find out my sister has another wedding that day. So I spoke to the vicar and arranged it for the 2nd July taking into account everyones holidays etc. Now my mum is annoyed as the 2nd is the day before my aunts wedding anniversary and it's the first one since her hb left her on the anniversairy. I didn't know this and now she wants me to change it again and as the church I have always wanted to get married in only has that date left she thinks I should go to a registry office but although weddings are lovely there I just always wanted this church, I used to always go but haven't as of late much :(

She's saying all this while my dad is away as she knows if he was around he'd tell her to stop telling me to change it. I'm just feeling so upset and stressed at the moment!

Thanks for letting me rant xxx

No offence but its one day- and one day wont make much difference out of peoples lives so why cant people just let you have your wonderful day and work around it? People like that really annoy me- its a happy beautiful occassion, why must family turn it into something negative. Your poor thing, no wonder your stressed. If it were me I'd say no! And never let your mum push you into having a registry office if all youve wanted was a church xx

thank you thats what I needed to hear, I've been feeling so guilty instead of looking forward to it :( I've told mum I'm sticking to that date so I can have my special day, I want to make us an official family :flower: xx

a wedding is between the bride and groom and its a huge plus if it can be a family event but your family need to see that its about you- and not them and that your feelings need to be considered.

I would stick to that date too hun!! You can't keep changing it to suit everyone else. It's yours and your husband to be's day. I know what you mean about being stressed too, i'm finding this whole wedding planning pretty stressful too!! Don't let anybody make you feel guilty xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"