arrggghhh. pram shopping nightmare!!!! EDITED - Do I need a travel system?

bjl1981

Reaction score
:hissy:There are too many types and so much difference in cost!!:cry:

After looking online I thought I had decided on the Bebe Confort Streety, as its a reasonably priced rear facing pram, but wanted obviously to see it in the flesh.
So we went to mothercare, they didn't have the Streety, but a similar one. The girl who was serving us didn't really seem to know much about the different prams so we left and went to a Winstanleys Pram store.
The guy was extremely knowledgable, but started asking me questions I hadnt even considered like if I should have a carrycot (previously I didn't think I'd need one, now perhaps I do?!!!?).
Why is it sooooooo complicated? now I have no idea what I want, but have probably gone off the streety.

Anyone got any advice?!!!
(also does anyone have a Cosatto Cabi, that looked quite good)

EDITED:
I've spent the last 3 hours looking online at all prams and stuff and now I'm starting to wonder if I need a travel system. If I get a pushchair that is suitable from birth and just a seperate car seat would that be reasonable? Anyone with kids already I would welcome your feedback.

It is a big thing doing the pram research!!! I am nearly on baby three but on on pram 44!!!

Lifestyle plays a huge part in your choice.....do you live in a flat with lots of steps? If so choose something lightweight. Do you use public transport or or do you have a car? This will also dictate in your choice as you need to consider how compact your pram fold when using transport or a car.

As for the Cabi, Arcanegirl has one, but only had her baby a day ago so maybe try pm'ing her within the next week when she's had a real life test drive!

Things to consider:

1) It is reccomended that a pram should either be fully reclinable (so it is suitable from birth) or have a carrycot (like Quinny Dreamy).

2) Consider where you live. Do you have to carry it up and down the stairs?

3) Your car boot. If it fits there?

4) What do you need it for? If just a trip to the shops it is one thing. If you plan to use it on bumpy areas (like woodland walks, etc) I would reccomend a 3 wheeler and large wheels.

5) How long do you want your LO to use a pushchair? Because some pushchairs say that they are suitable till 3 years, a 3 year old might actually feel there like a sardine in a jar.

I went throught my lot of prams pushchairs and I can reccomend Quinny Freestyle Comfort 3xl. It isn't very popular in UK (we got ours from Germany) but it is FAB!
And as I am a buggy addict now I am looking at Maxi Cosi Mura. Reallly love the look of it :blush: (Don't think Ill ever will make hubby buy me it :cry:)

I just listed my criteria in this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/125633-pram-research.html

I don't walk very well - so only have to think about getting in and out of the car/house in a managable way, and would be more likely to rely on the car for anything major.

But I'd also be more likely to use the pram when walking short distances, to save me carrying anything extra, or being off balance holding onto bubs.

HTH x

ive gone for the maxi cosi mura 3.... after some serious research.
the only draw back i can see with it is that its heavier than some... but it ticks every box so im prepared to put up with that!

i have the cosatto cabi and although little one isn't due till september i'm really pleased with it. hubby has taken it around the house and swapping the different elements like the carrycot and the car seat is really easy.
we only stumbled on this one after the first one i like dissapeared off the high street!

happy hunting x

u can buy travel systems with a carrycot ........ use that from birth,uv ur carseat aswell then when babys bigger he can go in the buggy part :D

If you buy a travel system be aware that you cannot use the car seat for long periods as it can affect the babys spine so i would go for a carrycot and car seat just for when you go out in the car xx

Another thing to watch with travel systems is than can be quite heavy.

I am on Number 3 and i still got boggle brained when i started looking! I drive most places so for me it needed to firstly fit in my booy (very important :lol:) and secondly I wanted a chassis that I could easily attach the car-seat straight onto so i dont have to disturb baby everytime I get in/out the car!
One thing I do know is not to spend ridiculous amounts on first prams/Travel systems cos as soon as you can get away with a lightweight buggy you will end up getting one cos they are sooo much more convenient no matter how you get about!
Lastly I eyed up what i wanted and I got it under half the price brand new in the box of an ebay powerseller, something worth consdidering, hope that helps xxx

I am so confused but i think i am getting the Jane Nomad with Matrix cup car seta as the car seat can be used flat too.

But i was getting so stressed about it and i hate all the flimsy looking ones out there

I've spent about 12 hours this weekend researching prams so far!!! outrageous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->