Arrival of my baby boy Logan, bang on time!

xx~Lor~xx

Young mummy of 3 <3
Reaction score
It's a long one girls!!! Second child

My little man Logan was born on 22/01/2011 at 11.10AM, weighing 7lb 7oz, after a 4 1/2 hour labour. Here’s my birth story!!

I’d been having lots of BH contractions for a few days, but no sign of my mucus plug or anything so didn’t expect to be going into labour bang on my due date! But at 6.45am on the morning of the 22nd January, after tossing and turning and being up and down to the loo for a couple of hours, I realised I was in labour. I got out of bed, woke OH briefly and said to him ‘Pre warning you, you might need to get up soon. Think this is it.’ After a little confusement, he realised what the hell I was on about, and I went downstairs.

Started timing my contractions at 7.30am and they were about 6 minutes apart, lasting a minute and a half each. So tried to get myself some breakfast inside me, which was no easy matter, and so I ended up having to wake OH up and get him to get me some breaskfast as I was in too much pain by this point to be standing up. I rang the midwife centre and told her I was in labour, and that they were now 5 mins apart. She said it was up to me whether I came in now or waited an hour before phoning them back and letting them know how I was getting on. So I decided I would ring them back in an hour as the contractions were bareable. Well that was a mistake :dohh: 15 mins later I was in SO much pain, I told OH to ring the midwives back and tell them they had got loads worse and down to 3 mins apart, and we were headed in. Called up my parents and my dad came and sat at ours for Robyn to wake up and then would look after her. We were on the way to the midwife centre by 8.45am.

Got to the midwife centre just before 9am, terrified I wouldn’t make it to the door because they were coming so fast by this time. Went in and we were showed straight to a room. My contractions were now coming thick and fast and I was given gas and air and they checked how dilated I was. Turns out I was already SIX cm!! (I was only 4cm when I went in with my daughter) My OH told them I really wanted the birthing pool, so they went and started filling it, even though they were saying they weren’t sure they would have enough time to fill the pool as it would take 20-30 mins and my contractions were so close. I was SO scared, and desperately wanted to get in the pool!! But coped with the gas and air and finally was told the pool was full and I could make my way to the next room and get in.

It was amazing to get in the water. Gas and air is wonderful, but it is totally different when you’re in the water; for me it was anyway. They were still coming quite fast so I didn’t have much time between contractions for a rest, and the ‘pressure’ pains were long outlasting the time I needed gas and air for. Eventually they spaced out a bit, which the midwife warned me meant I was coming to the next stage of labour...PUSHING!

So basically when I had said I wanted to use the pool, the midwife asked if I was going to have the injection to get my placenta out, for which I said no – I wanted to deliver it naturally. So she asked me if I would get out of the pool for the delivery as she had never done a water birth before and didn’t know how long my placenta would take to come out on its own. I agreed but said I might cry because I did when I was asked to get out to deliver my daughter last time.. lol. Anyway, the midwife and OH were talking, and I was going through the contractions, and all of a sudden, one contraction completely changed to ‘pushing pressure’, and I could feel ‘him’ right there. I screamed out ‘He’s there, he’s right there. ‘ Suddenly I had OH and my midwife rush round to look at my lower regions whilst saying ‘it’s probably just the waters’ Then I felt a little ‘pop’ so I knew they had gone. I had OH and the midwife go ‘Ohh his head IS right there!’ Two other midwives came into the room because my midwife had never done a water birth before and there was no way this baby was waiting for me to get out so he could be delivered! It also turned out my little man had pooed inside me, and there was thick meconium in the water.

Anyway, the pushing contractions were STRONG! Within two or three contractions, that never really took a break, my little boy was out (11.10AM)!! I didn’t even have to push, my body just did everything, I wouldn’t have been able to stop it if I had wanted to. The midwife helped me get my little boy on to my chest and rubbed him until he took his first cry. I just bawled my eyes out, it was incredible :cloud9: OH cut the umbilical cord and I handed our little boy to him while the midwives helped me out to deliver the placenta on the bed. I was expecting about an hour’s wait for it, as that’s what I had with my daughter, but after 20 mins I managed to push it out. It was HUGE! The midwives were shocked :haha: They checked me over, expecting tears as I tore with my daughter, but I had nothing! Not even a graze! :happydance:

My little boy Logan is now 3 days old and doing fantastic :). We had to stay in the midwife centre overnight as he had to be monitored for 12 hours due to being born in meconium. And then we had a hospital appointment the following morning to just check everything was okay, but they didn’t find any problems. Still can’t believe we have a son and a daughter now! My daughter has taken so well to her little brother, loads better than I expected. Exhausted, but LOVING being a mummy to two!

Well done if you got through all of that! :blush:

xoxox

:cloud9: ahhhhh what a lovely birth story!! Yay for water birth, I so want to try next (!!!) time I think! (Yes i'm megaaaaaaa broody hahaha, gonna make it worse when I come visit you all!!)

Sounds like it was another really good birth and yay for no grazes or tears :D well done chicckk and congratulations AGAIN hehe <3 love to you allll....gonna pop present and card in the post later on today :D

xxx

Aw I really really want a water birth for my next. I'm glad everything went well :)

He's a cutie!! xx

ive heard water births are so much nicer, your LO obvously wanted to be out quickly! :haha: well done and congratulations again!! :flower:

Hun you did amazing! You must be so proud of your two beautys :cloud9:

congrats, sounds like a fantastic labour! i didnt make it into the birthing pool for mine, she just wanted out! im jealous! :D

what a lovely birth story, you lucky thing having too so close!

:hugs:

Beautiful story! I'm hoping for a waterbirth - thanks for sharing this with us!

Congrats...you ad aeally good labour..well done you :) cant wait to see some pic's :)

welcome to the world littl logan :) x

lovely birth story, congrats on your little boy hun :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back