arrrhhhhhhhhhh. confused.

kittycrazy

Reaction score
does anyone else get confused about what you should and shouldnt be doing in this period? obviously im on pre natal vits and we are cutting out alcohol and my partner is quitting smoking. but i read all kinds of stuff such as you should take such and such a supplement and cut this out. for example i read that omega 3 is good when TTC so because im veggie i went and got flax seed caps. now i read you shouldn't take them. i cant take fish oil though....we are not starting to try til april next year but i have got myself in a muddle. help....

That's why they recommend a pre conception appointment, to go over what your doctor recomends for you. for example I was told to take omega 3 capsules (not fish) and 1000mcg of folic acid per day. If you look it up online I am putting myself at a higher chance of mc, BUT because my body is depleted of both those vitamins im actually decreasing my chances of mc.

your doctor knows your situation best.

There are so many rules out there you'll drive yourself insane trying to follow them all. Also noteworthy is that most of these guidelines have only come out in last few decades and how many generations turned out just fine?

There are a few key things like taking folic acid and not smoking which both prevent strongly linked complications. Otherwise just try to eat a well rounded diet - the best way to get all your necessary nutrients, even if you're vegetarian.

A preconception appointment isn't a bad idea especially regarding the flax supplements. For now probably just taking a prenatal vitamin would be sufficient.

Don't stress too much about it all because stress is your biggest enemy when TTC.

thanks guys. ive had a pre natal check as im having a sterilisation reversal in march. all he said was about pre natal vits( folic acid etc) and about me coming down off my meds. as im having the op i really want to do everything we can to help my fertility after the op so have been reading up. maybe i have been doing too much!

does anyone else get confused about what you should and shouldnt be doing in this period? obviously im on pre natal vits and we are cutting out alcohol and my partner is quitting smoking. but i read all kinds of stuff such as you should take such and such a supplement and cut this out. for example i read that omega 3 is good when TTC so because im veggie i went and got flax seed caps. now i read you shouldn't take them. i cant take fish oil though....we are not starting to try til april next year but i have got myself in a muddle. help....

I feel this way too! It's hard to know what else more we are meant to be doing apart from the pre natal vits etc, as we want to do more to make the wait go faster! I would say to exercise if you don't already as stamina is very important in birth and motherhood as we know :dohh: well.. I don't... yet! To be drinking enough water a day and to increase fruit and vegetables, all good stuff to make a cosy home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->