As promised, update about calling my doctor!

we can't wait

Mom of 5
Reaction score
Hey. :wave:

Just an update, because I promised one last night! As some of you know, I have mild pre-eclampsia. Because I have been sent to the hospital a few times due to high blood pressure, my doctor ordered another 24hour urine collection to make sure my protein levels weren't high. (I did this back when I was almsot 32 weeks, and it was slightly high, but they said it was more important to try to get me to 37 weeks) Anyways, I called my doctor's office this morning, after waiting on hold for a half an hour :growlmad:, and they told me that they could not access my file, because it was in the closed building of their other office. Of course, I am almost 38 weeks pregnant, and protein in my urine can be a threat to my baby, so I kind of growled at her. :blush: I got pretty pissed off for about five minutes before the nice lady transferred me to another nice lady who had just *magically* been able to get ahold of my file. (RANT: I hate my doctor's office... but that's for another time).
After all of that, she told me that my protein levels in my urine are high. :( She asked when my next scheduled appointment was, I told her tomorrow. Apparently, I will be fine for the night, but my doctor wants to follow-up tomorrow and discuss what the test results mean. I just know that when it was only a tiny bit high at 32 weeks they were talking about monitoring me and possibly having to deliver... So I'm a bit scared that now that I'm 38 weeks they will just go ahead and deliver, so as to not risk it. I know I should be SUPER excited about this (& I mean, I am. I'm excited to meet my LO)... but I don't know... I guess it hasn't hit me yet? I've heard that being induced can sometimes lead to a greater risk for a c-section, which is definitely NOT the goal. I'm just really nervous! But, we will see what happens!

Thanks for reading ladies! Sorry it's a little long! My doctor appointment isn't until afternoon in my zone (Eastern US), so I will update when I know something! If I can't get to BnB, I'll contact one of my FB girls on my phone! :thumbup:

:holly:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everythings fine. Also, if they do want to induce you, i really hope a c-section isnt on the cards for you!

Your going to be fine hun.
Like i said last night i only had mine because of high blood pressure starting and my daughters heart deceling alot.

Like Sarah said. your not gonna need one
Congrats on maybe having your baby soon!!

:hugs: I hope everything works out girly. What Sarah said, if they do induce I hope a c section doesn't become necessary, but I'm sure it will all be okay and you maybe getting to meet your LO real soon :flow: can't wait to read your next update!

Holly sends her love also :holly:

You'll be fine hun. If you're induced + it ends in a C-Section, at least you had a go!
I had an elective C-Section -although it was kinda decided for me due to medical problems, but as long as baby comes out healthy it doesn't matter how she's born :thumbup:
Thinking of you! :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. :flow: You all can always make me less stressed. :hugs:

& bahaha, holly sends her love to you, too, Chrissy! :holly: :rofl:

That's what we are here for! Starting next week I'm going to do anything I can to bring on labor :haha:

:sex:

Holly will be there... :holly:

Lol, sorry. On a serious note, are you getting excited? Your baby girl is going to be beautiful! I'm getting excited for you, hehe. I already want to see pics and read your birth story :flow:

Ooo, I'm so excited for you! :flower:
If it makes you feel better, I was induced with both of my kids-with Aiden my water broke but I didn't go into labor myself and with Mady I was in horrible pain and had been to the hospital twice the weekend before she was born because of it...my doctor decided that conditions were right for her to be born so I went to the hospital to be induced. I didn't need a c-section for either. I also didn't get an epidural. My labors were uncomplicated and I only had a minor tear with Mady that didn't even require stitches. :thumbup:
My cousin also had to be induced at 36 or 37 weeks and she didn't need a c-section either.
Hope that makes you feel a little bit better about going through an induction. Can't wait to hear your next update. :)

Chrissy- I tried doing anything I could to bring on labor. Boooooo. I tried :sex: (until I was put on pelvic rest on Friday :growlmad:) & bouncing on a birthing ball. Were you using :holly: to mean nipple stimulation? LOL! All I can see are the bouncing boobs-- and no beak. I've been eating really spicy food for a few days, too. But, because I eat spicy foods all the time, I don't think it's going to push me into labor. :nope:

I am excited! A bit overwhelmed. I mean, I've had nine months to prepare for this... but it's still kind of a shock when you realize that by the end of the week, you could actually have a tiny baby in your arms. Weirddd. & Maybe they won't induce me? Either way, I'm still due in two weeks... So, if not this week, it will be next week. It's just crazy! :shock: Don't get me wrong, I am SOOO excited. Now I'm thinking about all the things I still really need to get finished before she gets here! It's about 15 emotions in one! :lol: And you know I'll probably spam fb with 5 million pictures when she gets here. :haha:

Ooo, I'm so excited for you! :flower:
If it makes you feel better, I was induced with both of my kids-with Aiden my water broke but I didn't go into labor myself and with Mady I was in horrible pain and had been to the hospital twice the weekend before she was born because of it...my doctor decided that conditions were right for her to be born so I went to the hospital to be induced. I didn't need a c-section for either. I also didn't get an epidural. My labors were uncomplicated and I only had a minor tear with Mady that didn't even require stitches. :thumbup:
My cousin also had to be induced at 36 or 37 weeks and she didn't need a c-section either.
Hope that makes you feel a little bit better about going through an induction. Can't wait to hear your next update. :)

Thank you so much. :flower:
It definitely does help! Thanks for sharing. I'm just nervous! And I know that if they give me a section, it's because it's medically necessary for the baby... and I'll deal with that shock if/when it happens. I'm just a worrier! :dohh:

Oh Kelly- I hope that if they induce you that it goes smoothly, FX and :holly: is crossing her boobs for you!! ;)
you're almost there!!! You get to meet that precious baby girl soon!!

Lol I hope she does! :) I'd like to meet this confusing :holly: lady!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->