• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

As the day nears I am feeling more and more anxious

waiting2c

Reaction score
Hey all

Am having my second section next week (22nd August) and as the day starts nearing I am remembering all the pain and things from the first one.

Is a second one better or worse? I remember the after pains with the first and in some ways they were worse then the actual section pain.

Having a section as my birth with my first was horrific, he got stuck, nearly had to have his collarbone broken to get him out, spent 2 weeks in NICU had swelling on his head, bruises all over his body, then I retained placenta and went to theatre for 2 hours having never held my baby. He was just so big. I make big babies and its important to me that they get out safely (my son is disabled, not primarily from birth but I will never ever know if that made things worse).

How have you guys found a repeat section in terms of recovery? I found the actual section experience so much more relaxed with my DD it was just the following few days that sucked!

Sending love. I have 4 cesareans and I understand the fear. Each one has got easier for me because I have listened more to my body, stayed in hospital for as long as possible on pain medication and knew when to slow down.
It's major surgery and I often feel mother's are almost expected to get up and get on with it.
It's hard with your second/third/youth... more because you miss the other children. However I tried to see this as a special bonding time for me and just baby and to rest as much as possible.
I'm sorry for the way things went with your son. Was it an emergency section. From my experience (I've had 2 planned and 2 emergency) a planned section is so different. Be sure to have some calming music ready for your birth. We also filmed the baby coming out. X

Just wanted to add that I've found after pains have increased with each baby 😔 I stayed on oral morphine for 5 days and continued with paracetamol at home. Even though I never use medication it really helped x

I've had 3 and each time I've had different issues post surgery. This time I experienced hemorrhaging at home, severe hip pain, abdominal gas that radiated into my shoulders and chest, and my pelvic floor is just crap now (doing kegals!). I wouldn't say it's easier but I wouldn't say it's harder either. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"