Asher?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by shterr612, Apr 3, 2011.

1. shterr612

shterr612 Well-Known Member

What do you all think of the name Asher? It was a name my husband and I saw in one of our favorite books, The Giver. Some days I love it, some days, I am not so sure. What do you think?

2. SammieGrace

SammieGrace Well-Known Member

I love it, we strongly considered Asher for our boy, and we absolutely loved the Giver. We ended up going with Cullen bc it is a family name and goes better with our last name, but Asher will still be on my list if we have another boy someday. :flower:

3. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

I like it, and love the idea of naming him after a character in your favorite book! (Love The Giver!)

4. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

I like it. IKnow a lovely little boy called this, which of course helps you like a name when you have a positive association.

5. Flowermommy

Flowermommy Four beautiful daughters

I also know a little boy called Asher and he's a real sweetie. Very sweet name and it's lovely when you can name your child something that means something deeper to you. We called our daughter Iris after 'our song' by The GooGoo Dolls. X

6. Tigerlily01

Tigerlily01 Well-Known Member

I knew a guy my age named this when I was younger. It was not very common at the time, but it suited him. He was a sweet, sensitive, smart kid, so that is my association with this name, lol! If you like it, go for it! I think it is a nice name.

7. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Member

My sons name is Asher, he is the most chilled out, adorable baby. i was very un certian of a name until the day he was born, but he really suited it.