Ashma

ALY

spammy sexington
Reaction score
Well iv just got back from docs with sam as he as ad a really bad chest again and it turns out he has a chest infection :cry:
But than the doc turns round and says he thinks sam as got ashma iv to take him back next week so he can av another listen to his chest
If any ones little one as ashma canyou please let me no wat the symptoms are as i dont really no thanks

I no there is a lot of babys worse off than sam but it just seems as soon as we get one thing sorted he gets diagnosed with something else :hissy:

i know how you feel. My 10 month old has had constant chest infections/bronciolitis since birth, been on steroids about 5 times, given asthma inhalers etc and was still being ill so we ended up seeing a consultant yesterday who has given him more medication!

I have asthma and so do my older 2 kids but the baby is the worst out of the 3 of them so far. As far as i am aware the main symptoms of asthma are night time coughing, like a dry cough and wheezing. They dont like to diagnose asthma in kids under 5 but the consultant i saw yesterday called it "infantile asthma" and said he may well grow out of it as he gets older. Quite often babies who suffer lots of colds and chest infections get asthma symptoms but are not actually "asthmatic" so maybe your baby would fall into that category hopefully.

Have they given him any medication ???

XXXXXXXX

oh sweetie, i just wanted to send you both some really big :hugs: x x

Hey hun try not to worry, like Nicola mentioned, alot of children grow out of asthma and it can not be confirmed until the child is alot older,
Signs are wheezing, coughing (mainly at night) ,lack of breath and tight chest, although the last two will be hard to detect in babies,

If the doctor feels like it could be asthma then he will prescribe a inhaler for sam to use(probably twice a day) And ask you to come back for a review after a few months to see if its made a difference. The inhaler's are very easy, Kieran had one at about Sam's age and got on with it fine.

Do you have history in the family?? Or does anyone have excema as this is usually linked to asthma.

Here's a link to help you out x

https://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/asthma.html#2

Hey hun try not to worry, like Nicola mentioned, alot of children grow out of asthma and it can not be confirmed until the child is alot older,
Signs are wheezing, coughing (mainly at night) ,lack of breath and tight chest, although the last two will be hard to detect in babies,

If the doctor feels like it could be asthma then he will prescribe a inhaler for sam to use(probably twice a day) And ask you to come back for a review after a few months to see if its made a difference. The inhaler's are very easy, Kieran had one at about Sam's age and got on with it fine.

Do you have history in the family?? Or does anyone have excema as this is usually linked to asthma.

Here's a link to help you out x

Thanks hun :hugs:
yeah ashma runs in the family my sis and dad as it aswell as a few others
and i had excema wen i was younger
Sam caughs at nite and he also gets out of breath really easy :cry:
just hope if it is ashma he grows out of it x
and thanks again for the link x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads