Ask a Teen (or young) Mom

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by tasha41, Jan 27, 2011.

1. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Figured I'd make a thread if you have questions for girls who have already gotten through pregnancy about:
    Pregnancy.. childbirth.. post partum recovery.. changes in relationships (family, friends, romantic).. dating, school, benefits/assistance, work, post partum depression, weight loss, etc.

So ask away if you've got anything :thumbup:

2. xarlenex

xarlenex Well-Known Member

Thats a really good idea. I remember wanting to ask loads of questions when I just found out :thumbup:

3. holly2234

holly2234 Well-Known Member

Lovely idea! Think ive got the first question :) How long did it take for you to feel "normal" again after the birth. More pain wise and aches and pains of pregnancy than anything else. :flower:

4. vinteenage

vinteenage Well-Known Member

Within 10 days I felt a-okay. I had a natural vaginal delivery with a 1st degree inner tear.
    TMI, but going to the bathroom was uncomfortable for about a month and DTD wasn't even an idea until 5 weeks PP but normal every day moving?
    10 days-ish

5. Burchy314

Burchy314 Guest

umm yeah I think mine was about 10 days too. It was only uncomfortable to pee for the first 2 days for me. DTD just happened last night for the first time and it was uncomortable but not painful and I am about 7 weeks pp.

I had a vaginal birth and only tore very slightly. Only needed 2 small stiches.

6. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

I still don't feel "normal" but I had an emergency c-section. :dohh:
    You do heal faster with a vaginal birth though! :thumbup:

7. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

For me, around 2 weeks. I had a third degree tear which I refused to get stitched. The only painfull thing for me was using the bathroom. Apart from that I felt normal. x

8. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLY HAVE YOUR BABY ALREADY!!
    Holy crap!! You're so close though hahaah I'm so excited for you :happydance:

It took me like a month probably to feel back to normal. I had an emergency c-section so two weeks following I felt physically crap, in a lot of pain and just not happy in general. I had the 'baby blues' so I didn't feel happy and was pretty sad most of the time so I'd say it probably a month the most :hugs:

9. Char.due.jan

Char.due.jan Mummy to Luke

How close to your birth plan was your actual birth? :)

10. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

I read that as 'you've had your baby already!!' and rushed back up to see her siggie thinking I had missed it :haha:

11. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

I planned to have a natural water birth, with gas & air if needed. I ended up having gas & air & a shot of diamorphine without the water (my BP was sky high and they could keep a good eye on her heart, so wouldn't let me get in the water)
    I also had two sweeps & was 6 days overdue lol. Would totally do it again though.

12. vinteenage

Mine was very close. The only difference was I didn't want an IV right away, I wanted a heplock but I came in dehydrated so I had to have IV fluids.

The only reason my labor was so close to how I wanted it though was because of my midwife! I was begging for an epidural but she knew I hadn't wanted one and kept suggesting other things, distracting me. I got a dose of Stadol, but I wasn't opposed to IV drugs.

I gave birth 8 days early though, I was fully expecting to go overdue!

13. Burchy314

Burchy314 Guest

I actually didn't even have a birth plan because what it would have been was "go as long as I an before needing an epidural" but I got told months in advance that would not be able to get one.

So thenmy birth plan was go as far as I coud without any medication. I ended up lasting about 15 hours before getting stadol (a drug that goes in through the IV) and was only in labour for about 18 hours in total.

I was induced at 39w1d. I planed on going late though.

14. holly2234

holly2234 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

Haha one day i will be posting that ive had her! Hopefully in the near-ish future :happydance: Feels like ive been pregnant forever now.

15. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Guest

The birth plan question , I didnt really have a Birth Plan. My plan was to NOT have an epidural and to have the baby wiped off before put on me, and only one of the two was respected and this time im making it Clear to clean baby first

16. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I had a c-section and complications from it so it took longer, a good 4 months. I couldn't "go to the bathroom" normally for awhile either, at first I was afraid of my incision hurting, then I was just afraid? lol

I planned on going into labour on my own, delivering vaginally and having an epidural. My water broke but I had to be induced to start contractions, I had the epi, but ended up having an emergency c-section. In my birth plan I said no forceps, but it turned out c-section was my only option in the end. I had planned on holding my baby right away but obviously couldn't do it on the operating table, I didn't hold her for a good 30-45 minutes after her birth time

17. km123

km123 Member

wats it like delivering the placenta?

18. jacqromero

jacqromero New Member

I'm pregnant with my first, and I was wondering if any of you knew a way to help with the achey boobs! Ah, I'm only 8 weeks and they have gone up a cup size (which isn't pleasant considering I already was at a DD) and they just hurt! Any remedies?

19. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Never saw it, lol. I had an emergency c-section so I didn't get to see it. Wish I did though!

I can't think of anything, it should pass though.

I'm no help! :dohh:

20. vinteenage

Mine wasn't bad at all. Some get an injection to deliver it faster but I didn't have it, I still delivered the placenta within like 10 minutes.

The midwife/doctor will pull on the cord a little bit until they think it's detached. Youre asked to give a small push (easiest thing ever compared to getting the baby out!) and your entire stomach goes "plop!", like it collapses in on itself. Weirdest feeling ever!