Ask a Teen (or young) Mom

How many nappies n what sizes do you go through in a week? I wanna know cos I need to stock up haha!

I'm breastfeeding so we go through at least 10 a day. We used about 5 newborn packs before moving up to size 1's but my baby was 8lbs 9oz when he was born so it depends on the size of your baby. But I would def get some newborns if you don't get a lot from your shower.

I didn't know that about breast feeding, you'd need more nappies! I'm English so no baby shower for me.
I got like 4 packs of size 1s and a pack of size 2... I doubt it'll need newborn ones as my LO is measuring big (like a 1 lb over what he should be) so i'm pretty sure i'll be having a 9 lber... I'll deffo need to stock up on nappies then as I'm breast feeding.

I'd get at least one pack of NB. The weight measurements can be WAY off, like 2 lbs. You could end up with a 6lbs baby.

Also the weight on the packs doesn't always apply. My LO was over 4 months before she was out of the newborn size and a few pounds heavier than the pack says.

^ So true. Elyse is still well within the weight of size 4 diapers, but she has a big butt lol, so she is usually in the size up. She can wear size 4 still but her cheeks hang out a bit lol

How many nappies n what sizes do you go through in a week? I wanna know cos I need to stock up haha!
Molly was in nb for a month, then went up to size 1-2. But I wouldn't reccomend stocking up early, as you don't yet know what brand will work best for your baby! Like Pampers are all that works for Molly, and I definitely didn't know that before I had her! We go through about 10 a day, she pees a lot.

I have a question, for those of you trying to prevent getting pregnant again. What sort of birth control do you use/ can you use while breast feeding?

I was on the pill and taking it religiously when i fell pregnant so it clearly wasnt that effective for me. Also OH has issues with condoms, wont go into detail but yeah those are out of the equation. So my question is, other than those, what do you use and what is safe whilst breastfeeding? :)

I have a question, for those of you trying to prevent getting pregnant again. What sort of birth control do you use/ can you use while breast feeding?

I was on the pill and taking it religiously when i fell pregnant so it clearly wasnt that effective for me. Also OH has issues with condoms, wont go into detail but yeah those are out of the equation. So my question is, other than those, what do you use and what is safe whilst breastfeeding? :)

Im in Depo, which is a shot you get every 3 months. Its safe while breastfeeding.

Mirena Coil, absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure about the breastfeeding as I had stopped by the time I got it inx

1. For those who didn't have the epidural, why'd you choose not to? I've always been curious as it seems like it helps, is there some kind of side-effect or something?
2. I hope this isn't a silly question but... What exactly is co-sleeping? :oops:
3. Do any of you use cloth diapers? If so, do you find it to be more or less convenient in any way?

Hmm think that's all I've got. Thanks mommas. :)
1. I just didn't need an epidural :shrug: I was induced and they say the contractions are worse as they come on very strong and there's no break, everyone kept saying I'd need an epidural but I honestly felt like I didn't need one at all.
2. Like the other girls have said co-sleeping is having your baby in bed with you!
3. I don't use cloth diapers I honestly didn't have a clue about them until I read about it on here, I'd love to use them with next baby!

We started off with Pampers new baby, she was in the first size for just over a month maybe longer. Right now she's 9 months and still in Pampers size 3 so don't go by the sizes, just go with what fits baby best!

I'm on Mirena IUD and it's excellent! I'm not breast feeding but it doesn't affect it whatsoever. :thumbup:

I use the minipill, its also called POP progesteron only pill.....its the safest for breastfeeding, well to start. both depo and the mini pill CAN effect your supply so its best to start on the mini pill and make sure it doesn't affect your milk before you get it injected into you for 3 months! At least that's what my dr said.

Mirena... LOVE IT. Doesn't affect breastfeeding. And guess what? I got it when my LO was 3 months old, I haven't had a period since before her 1st birthday! She'll be 2 soon and I have no complaints yet!

Originally Posted by caramelKSSxx
1. For those who didn't have the epidural, why'd you choose not to? I've always been curious as it seems like it helps, is there some kind of side-effect or something?

I Had drugs instead of an epidural. The whole HUGE needle in my spine thing really didnt do it for me. I dont like the Idea of Not being able to get up and walk around, and I hate the fact that they leave the plastic thing in your back to actually give you the Drug. so all in all I didnt have one because I dont like the Sound or look of them plus im SUPER afarid of needles. But Drugs are great though

seriously- everyone says "it's so difficult, it's so hard, u don't understand how hard it is"
and obviously i wouldn't understand until i've done it, but can anyone give me an idea!?
i want brutal honesty, just be blunt :)
how hard is it, and how do u cope??

I've got TWINS and I don't find it difficult! It's only as hard as you make it, but as long as you have a good routine, keep calm in hard situations and don't panic when things don't go to plan then you will sail through fine!

I love spending time with my twins, they make it soooo much fun, so I have never had a day where I've just gone "agghh I've had enough, I just can't do it anymore!" I love being a mum and even with the dirty nappies and the teething crys... I wouldn't change my life for anything!!

who was there with you in the delivery room?

HAHA LOTS OF PEOPLE! About 10 doctors, 5 midwives, 3 students taking notes, 2 anaethatists, 3 baby doctors and the two receptionists who were on the front desk in delivery ward lol (not sure why the receptionists came, but they were very useful tbh, they became my birthing partners, one on each arm haha!)... and of course ME!!

Basically, for my labour I was in my room with my OH, mum, some medical students who were taking notes (they have to witness a twin birth as part of their study, and I didnt really mind them being there) and midwives every now and then, but then I got rushed off to theatre to have an emergancy c-section, and as I was rushed off EVERYONE followed (I was 8 weeks premature and having twins, so it was a big deal lol!!) but unfortunately my OH wasnt allowed in as I was going to be put to sleep! ... but by the time I got to theatre, they could see Frazer's head so I ended up having them both naturally lol!!

wats it like delivering the placenta?

Erm... I don't actually remember haha... but I had TWO placentas to deliver so obviously not that bad if I cant even remember it lol!! Just see your plancenta as your "mini twin" you have to give birth too lol! <<< although does that mean I had quads lol! :haha:

You can get loads of different birth control while breastfeeding. I'm not having sex right now, so I don't have to worry about it :haha: But I did get the Depo shot but it's been shown to increase your risks of developing bone loss, and I didn't like the side effects it gave me. There are a few different pills you can take, I believe it's called the mini-pill. And you can also get IUD's, I believe all of those are safe while breastfeeding!

seriously- everyone says "it's so difficult, it's so hard, u don't understand how hard it is"
and obviously i wouldn't understand until i've done it, but can anyone give me an idea!?
i want brutal honesty, just be blunt :)
how hard is it, and how do u cope??

It's really really hard. In the beginning it's tough because you don't get any sleep and if you breastfeed you constantly have a baby latched onto you 24/7 (or so it feels like). It gets easier as they get older because they get more independent, they can play by themselves, they cry less usually.. but it's just really hard. It's hard to go to school while having a baby, it's hard to work while having a baby. It makes everything a million times harder. You may lose your friends, you may be looked down upon because you're a younger mom.. it's very life altering. A lot more difficult than I think anyone imagines it to be. You'll hear everyone telling you how difficult and hard it is, but you'll never understand how hard it is until you experience the sleepless nights, the clingy 24/7 baby and everything. Soon you will though so enjoy "your" time as much as you can!!

who was there with you in the delivery room?

and im only a few weeks pregnant, and it seems like anytime i eat anything i just feel nauseous. no throwing up, just constantly sick to my stomach.

I had my FOB, my mom and my dad. Although I could've had up to five people, those were the only ones I wanted in there with me. I ended up having an emergency c-section though so only one person was allowed in the operating room with me, so I took FOB. My parents were waiting right outside though so they were immediately able to see LO a few minutes after he was born! And hopefully the morning sickness subsides for you soon hun, I can remember how horrible it was, definitely the worst part of pregnancy imo!

hay i bought a small pack of new baby size 1 for hospital about 24 nappies in the pack. then i went out to asda and bought 2 jumbo boxed of new baby size 2. after i finished them my dad got me a big box of 144 napies baby dry size 3 from costco and i used them and i think i bought another 2 jumbo boxes of baby dry size 3 from asda. She started leaking through them because she goes 12 - 13 hours at night so i experimented with nappies and found active fit size 4 leaked and huggies super dry size 3 were rubish so i have now bought 2 jumbo boxes of baby dry size 4 and shes good with them. Take advantage of asda baby event they are doing a box of 96 nappies for £11 if you buy on mass id buy size 2 because my LO grew out of stage 1 nappies quickly. also its better having bigger nappies than to small ones. x

Umm we go through about 6 nappies a day (he normally has a change just after or a few hours after a feed) so about 30 odd a week.
Dont buy too many. We bought loads of pampers and huggies and found that Max leaked through them all but we tried Tesco nappies and he hasn't leaked once (he's on size 2's now)

Umm we go through about 6 nappies a day (he normally has a change just after or a few hours after a feed) so about 30 odd a week.
Dont buy too many. We bought loads of pampers and huggies and found that Max leaked through them all but we tried Tesco nappies and he hasn't leaked once (he's on size 2's now)

i had same problem with branded nappies. i found pampers had a really horribe smeel to them n huggies leaked so we use tesco now and there brill!

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how long it took fo OH or anyone else to feel bub kick after you first felt kicks?

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how long it took fo OH or anyone else to feel bub kick after you first felt kicks?

I think it was around 20 weeks for ME to feel her kick and 25 for other people to feel her kick, though her kicking for other people was rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->