Ask a Teen (or young) Mom

Wondering how long it takes to stop being fat fat after the birth? Not the extra baby weight I just mean the 9 month bump.. does it stick around for a few days/weeks?

but don't panick if your belly doesn't go away straight away.
Just remember it took 9 months to get that big, it could take 9 months to get back to normal. Once you have your baby it hardly matters to you anyway, your too distracted by this new beautiful baby in your life :)

Wondering how long it takes to stop being fat fat after the birth? Not the extra baby weight I just mean the 9 month bump.. does it stick around for a few days/weeks?

but don't panick if your belly doesn't go away straight away.
Just remember it took 9 months to get that big, it could take 9 months to get back to normal. Once you have your baby it hardly matters to you anyway, your too distracted by this new beautiful baby in your life :)

What Lois said. Plus depending on how much weight it takes to put on my MW said it could take up to a year to lose it on average. I'm about halfway there now :)

See my nurse told me within 8 weeks if you didn't gain too much it should come off on its own > I lost mine in 3 weeks, but then gained 20lbs back :dohh:

My bump was gone right away but I had a lot of like hanging kinda deflated skin

The little bulge you sometimes see on skinnier girls after they have just had a baby is just their uterus, which takes about 3 days to contract down after birth to its original size. Also your skin can feel soft and squidgy (which i loved, it was so cuddley hahaha) but that just goes quite quick with general excercise, simple as walking xx

...I didnt put on any weight with my pregnancy with my twins, I was ALL bump, you could still see my skinny ribs poking out above my bump, and I was still in size 8 jeans haha, so for me I didnt have much to lose

JUST TO ADD - I did move house the day after giving birth, and I had to walk 3 miles uphill and back again twice a day to visit my babies in SCBU cos they were premature, and I had to go shopping to buy blankets, clothes, nappies, cots, etc, because I was homeless in my pregnancy so didnt have anything ready, and also they were early so I was quite unprepared lol! I didnt have a choice really, but it is just ridiculous trying to do any excecise and lose weight or anything straight after birth, so even if you look like a moose after birth, just leave it a while before rushing into losing weight, I'm not saying you will, but some people do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->