Aspirin to prevent pre-e?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Any mom's here have pre-e in a pregnancy and their dr told them to take a low dose of aspirin during first trimester for prevention?

My midwife mentioned it to me over the phone while I was asking her a different question but she saw it in my chart so thought she would bring it up. We'll talk more at my 8 week appointment in the beginning of December. But I'm curious if anyone else is doing it/done it.

I am currently taking it as my dr. Recommended it. I've read various things about whether it does or doesn't help this. They didn't tell me just for first tri though, I was under the impression I'll be taking it for the duration so I'll have to ask them. I've been taking it for 3 ish weeks now. I figure, anything to try to avoid that ordeal again.

Agreed, anything to prevent it from happening again. From what I understood it's from first tri through second but to stop at third. But I'll wait on my midwife to clarify that as we continue care... third tri is ages away

I had severe pre-e with my first. I was advised at my 10 week first appointment with my second to start low dose aspirin. I waited out of caution until my second trimester. All the research studies I read started in second trimester. I did not develope pre-e with my second. I was induced at 39 weeks due to my risk and my BP being high at the doctors, although it was never high in the hospital.

Thank you for the encouragement, I would love to prevent it from happening again! I'll have to look into more research and talk to my midwife again. I would like to know more about when it should be started. Waiting until second tri makes sense..

I reaearched it myself and was very convinced. If I do become pregnant again I will take it starting in my second trimester again.

I was induced with my second for the start of pre-e, never had it with my 2nd although had a couple of high bp episodes. I had my booking appt yesterday and the midwife advised to start taking a low dose at 12 weeks for the duration?

I'm taking it. Got told to take it after 12 weeks until birth, 75mg a day. I haven't finished pregnancy yet but so far my blood pressure has been good and I've had no protein in my urine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"