Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Harvest2009

Surprise on the way!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Just wondering if there are any assisted conceptions ladies out there who are now expecting? Thought it would be nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ladies who have been through a similar situation. I am 8w 3d and expecting twins on June 24th. :happydance: Looking forward to some wonderful ladies joining me :)

Hi Harvest! We were on the same iui thread for a little while this summer. Congrats on the twins, I'm having them too! I am a couple weeks ahead of you, almost 12 weeks now. I have seen that there are several other ladies that used to be in the Assisted Conception forum who are also in their first tri.

How are you feeling about having twins? I'm so excited but the reality of preparing for 2 has just started hitting me! DH came home tonight talking a mile a minute about all the things we will need, so I think it's starting to sink in for him too!

I am due in early June. I conceived with the help of femara and the HCG shot. I had my 11 week scan yesterday and I couldn't believe the baby on the screen was mine! The baby was rolling around and showing my its fingers and toes.

I think I will have ultrasound withdrawal! I have another Dr visit in four weeks (dunno if they will do a scan or not) then the next week xmas comes early and my hubby is giving me a 4-d ultrasound to determine the sex.

It seemed like a long time from when I found out at 4 weeks to about 10 weeks of pregnancy. The last couple weeks have sailed by and now I have 10 days until I am out of the first trimester. I can't believe I am here!

Hi Michelle and wantanerd! Isn't it an amazing feeling to be on the prego forums :) I am luvin it.
Michelle-I am super thrown off by the whole twins thing! I am super excited about it I am sure it will be alot of fun, but also alot of work. I am also kinda scared about the pregnancy, complications, getting huge etc. All we can do is rest and try to be thankful. Have you had any MS? I have been terrible for the past week but today and yesterday have been better, which of course is making me nervous. Have my last appt with the FS on the 29th so that will be good. Get to go off the estrogen and prgesterone on Saturday too which will also be great.
wantanerd-great news about being out of the 1st tri! are you going to start spreading to word now? I am sure time will fly to your next scan, I hope it does anyways :)

I started to the moment we heard the heartbeat but my stupid FIL posted it on fb and tagged us on a day we were out of town so I had to come clean on fb three weeks ago. I was pissed. But now everyone knows.

This is the first grandkid for my mom and she is thrilled. I got to tell my dad on his 60th birthday he was going to be a grandpa. He is pretty happy too.

Now I am dying to know what we are having. I am counting down five more weeks until our 4-d ultrasound to find out.

Hi wantanerd! We are only about a day apart, and I am also counting down to finding out the sex of the twins. My NT scan is on Tuesday, so I am looking forward to seeing them. We are so close to being out of the 1st tri, I have felt the last few weeks have gone by pretty quickly too. That sucks that your FIL spilled the beans before you were ready. Our parents know and some people at work know, but after thanksgiving I will be ready to tell everyone!

Harvest, I haven't had any really bad ms, it's just more of an overall nausea that actually seems to be worse in the evening. I have only actually gotten sick a couple times, so I am definitely feeling lucky in that area. Some days are better than others though, so I wouldn't stress over the symptoms coming and going. I also can't imagine how big I am going to get. I'm only 5'3 so I keep wondering how there will be enough room! A woman I work with had twins 4 months ago and she did great with her pregnancy, she worked until almost 38 weeks. Of course she is 5'10, so a lot more room for the babies than I have, but at least she had a good experience so she is a good person for me to get advice from. Are you going to find out the sex of the babies?

wantanerd-too bad about your FIL posting on FB, that would really upset me too! Must be nice to have everyone know though, I am dying to spill the beans!

Michelle-my sickness is worse in the evenings too, obviously whoever called it MS had never been preggo! I am 5'3 too and am a little worried about having 2 babies curled up in there, oh well I am sure it will be fine, we aren't the first petite ladies to have twins! Still not sure about if we will find out the sexes yet. I really want a surprise but it would be nice to get organized before they arrive. I am sure there will be barely any time to shop after they are born :)

My last appt with the FS is on the 29th so will get to see the babies then, not sure when the next scan will be after that but hopefully not too long.

Do you ladies see midwives of GPs for your pregnancies? I saw a midwife last week and then realised she only had 1 year experience so between being a first pregnancy and twins I decided to see a Dr. Hope that appt goes well, it's on Dec 6 :)

Hi Harvest - thanks for inviting me to join your PREGNANCY thread!! Yay!
:flower: and hello wantanerd and Michelle too :flower:

Hi ladies...can I join you too? I am a bit behind and still a bit cautious about joining as I only had my second beta yesterday, but I am going to keep my PMA up and hope my pregnancy will keep going strong! My EDD (as of right now) is July 24th.

Wanteanerd and Michelle - Congrats to you ladies that are just about out of your first trimester :)

Harvest and mumto - Glad I can keep up with everything with you girls through here as well as through the other

Harvest - about the midwife question...did you ask your FS or the nurses in the office who they would recommend? I am changing OB-Gyns and asked them about it and they had great recommendations for me.

Welcome Sunshine and MumToOne, congrats on your BFPs! How are you ladies feeling so far?

Harvest, I am seeing an OB with my pregnancy. I ended up with this OB because the practice is attached to a hospital that is 5 minutes from my house, and the hospital has one of the best labor and delivery units in my area with a great NICU in case there are complications with the babies. I've had 2 appts with the OB so far, and I like the practice. The convenience is a plus too!

I am seeing OB's at the local Army Hospital. I am considered "high risk" b/c of pcos and fertility treatments but I will go down to "low high risk" once I pass a one hour glucose test the week after thanksgiving. All it means for me is I have to see Doctors and not midwives.
I don't know what it will mean when I go to FL for three months in Feb. Theres only one OB in my home town tricare will cover but I may get another doctor since I am considered high risk.
I am getting excited. Next week is Thanksgiving, then next weekend I am in the second trimester, then I have tons of stuff to do with the Spouses and the Squadron before my next ob appt on the 15th and my 4-d ultrasound on the 20th. I am hoping my little one cooperates and we find out what we are having. After Christmas, I will have three weeks left in Co before I go and spend 3 months in FL with my family while DH is in a training.

Hi ladies! Good to see you here sunshine and mumtoone!
Thanks for the advice on the Dr/midwife thing. I did ask my FS for a recommendation but he said that it didn't really matter because an obstetrician would have to be at the birth since it is twins. So anyways I go see this new Dr on Dec 6th. She was a recommendation from a friend so I am sure it will go ok :) Then she will refer me to an obstetrician.
Today is my last day of progesterone and estrogen! Can't wait to stop those :) Then I can actually start taking baths again, YAY!!!
Michelle-so nice that your dr is so close! The new Dr I will be seeing is a less that 10 minute drive from our house too so that is nice.
Sunshine your 2nd beta looked great! you should be so excited, I wonder if there is 1 or 2 in there?
Wantanerd-sounds like you have a lot planned! I am sure time will fly for you, you will be finding out the sex before you know it!
Well I should go, I am starving and there is no way a pregnant lady should be deprived of food ;)

wantanerd - where are you going to be in FL? I live in FL :)

Harvest - congrats on stopping the estrogen and progesterone! When is your next scan? I am sure they will do a date scan at that point :) Also, I think you need to redo your ticker, it is showing up weird :)

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a good weekend.

wantanerd - where are you going to be in FL? I live in FL :)

Harvest - congrats on stopping the estrogen and progesterone! When is your next scan? I am sure they will do a date scan at that point :) Also, I think you need to redo your ticker, it is showing up weird :)

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a good weekend.

I am from Melbourne, FL. I have lived in FL most of my life until DH became an officer and now we are in Co. DH will be taking a training in Ft. Walton Beach and I will be in between Melbourne, Palm Beach, Tallahassee and Ft Walton Beach for three months! I can't wait to go back home. Plus I really don't want to spend another longer winter here!

Hi ladies do you mind if I join you? Got my bfp on Friday, so am very nervously pregnant. As you can see this was my third go at ivf, did get a bfp first go but sadly miscarried which is another reason why I'm very nervous!

I recognise quite a few names I wasn't on any of your threads but was a bit of a secret stalker! :haha:

Huge congratulations to you all :hugs:

mrssunshine, congrats on your BFPs! I am PAL as well, so I know how nerve wracking it is.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I had my 1st maternity clothing shopping trip yesterday, it was so much fun! I am excited to not have to wear uncomfortable pants anymore! I was ok in my regular pants when I first put them on, but by the end of the day they were so uncomfortable. The maternity pants and jeans fit so much better, and they actually are kind of cute. So at 12 weeks I have officially thrown in the towel with regular pants!

Thanks for the welcome Michelle

How exciting shopping for maternity clothes, I can't wait to do that! Tbh I'm so bloated at the moment I'm tempted already lol

:hugs:

Welcome mrssunshine...I love your name :) we should have due dates close to each other! I am with you, trying to be optimistic but it is hard not to be scared. hopefully this is a happy an healthy nine months for both of us.

Wantanerd - awesome you will be taking a fun trip to all around Florida. I am from Jupiter (near palm beach)...so only a couple hours from Melbourne.

Michelle - congrats on buying your first set of maternity pants! I can't wait to get to that point :)

Thanks sunshine! Similar names :thumbup: my edd is 27th July so I'm just a few days behind you. Think it's normal to be nervous especially after assisted conception

:hugs:

Welcome mrssunshine...I love your name :) we should have due dates close to each other! I am with you, trying to be optimistic but it is hard not to be scared. hopefully this is a happy an healthy nine months for both of us.

Wantanerd - awesome you will be taking a fun trip to all around Florida. I am from Jupiter (near palm beach)...so only a couple hours from Melbourne.

Michelle - congrats on buying your first set of maternity pants! I can't wait to get to that point :)

I have been there many times. Many of my dad's friends live there and my grandmother lives in North Palm Beach. I plan on hitting the mall there many times while I am in FL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->