Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Evening, I have read all posts but I'm shit at remembering to reply to them all.

I can't imagine what it must be like to be carrying twins, it is hard enough with one!!!

I'm getting really excited lately, 9 weeks, 3 days till DD. She is giving me some back ache ALL the time and the constant weeing is doing my head in, but I love the fact that I have a baby growing inside me.

How long has Mrs F been away, she's not giving birth is she???????

Mars, Can't believe your having building work done, I'd be mega stressed.

How much clothing have you all bought? I've got hundreds of 0-3 months but only a handful of newborn...... will this be ok?

Any idea how big baby is going to be? If shes a big un then theres not much point getting newborn stuff - only works up to 10lbs. Even if you find you need it, you can always get a couple of packs of babygrows from the supermarket or something. SHe'll not be in them long I reckon, 0-3 will last longer.

There is NO way I'm having a big baby LOL!!!!!!!!

I'm having a little 6 lb'er!!!!! I don't know, how do you tell??? I was measuring a couple of days ahead at last midwife appoint but my bump is small (I think).

There are no more scans due for me so I guess I'll have to wait and see!

I dunno rly, dont they scan you to find out how big baby is then extrapolate the growth. Then they know if youre gonna have a big baby so they can start scaring you into having an induction!

No more scans for me.......just guess work and wishful thinking!

I only get 3 scans, 7 weeks, 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

i don't think bump size has anything to do with baby size. i had a HUMUNGOUS bump with H and he was 6lbs 6oz, whereas I am measuring under now (33cm at my 34week appt) and apparently Sophie is a chunk. :shrug:

Morning all!

MrsG - I am just glad for the minute that someone else is doing the work! It's not a huge job to be fair, I live in a 200 year old cottage and one of the bedroom floors was sagging badly so we're having to put in new joists and a new floor and then some plastering and we'll be there! Hopefully they'll be out by the end of the week and we'll have the bank holiday to get on with the decorating!

I've bought just a few tiny baby sleepsuits and vests and then a few newborn. (When I say few I mean about 12 so I have a couple of days worth for each baby!) but have bought some of these second hand or in bundles where I can, lots have also come as hand me downs. I'm trying to stick to 0-3 or even 3-6 for outfitty types of clothes as reckon they'll just be in babygros before then if not longer!

My friend made me giggle the other day when I was having a bit of a moan about being tired when she said - 'You're growing 2 humans - that's hard work!!' I guess she's right and it really brings home the miracle going on inside our bodies. <3

Off to see the midwife today, has been a while since I've had any 'baby' appointments so quite looking forward to it! Hoping to hear the heartbeats too as havent heard those for a while either :D

My nursery furniture is here and is currently being built by two strapping young men!!!! Ha Ha!!!!

Just been for a little peek, still a little orange looking but looks better quality than I thought, can't wait for them to finish so I can go and sort everything out. Woo Hoo

oooh, how exciting MrsG!!! Will you be able to post some pics when its done??

I took the plunge yesterday and made our first really big purchase of two cot beds. I also took a bit of a gamble as ordered them from ebay but they are selling the same ones in Argos for £140 and these ones were £50 each so even with delivery I'll have both cots for less than I would have paid for one! Just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't all go tits up! LOL!

Midwife appointment went well, I am measuring at 26 weeks so just a bit ahead and heard both heartbeats racing away :D Seems like they are both still side by side at the moment too. Have two weekly appointments now as they like to keep an eye on blood pressure although no problems at all at the moment. ahhhhhhh, it's all getting so real now!!

Stupid computer!!!! I just attached photos and then lost it!

Here they are again, I've still got my wall art to put up, my shelf and ablackout blind!

Attachments

• SDC12782.jpg
    SDC12782.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12783.jpg
    SDC12783.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SDC12784.jpg
    SDC12784.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
Oh MrsG, those pics totally made my heart melt! It's looking gorgeous and so ready for a baby to come and fill it! <3

The furniture looks lovely and great quality too! I have a caterpillar rocker very similar to yours and loads of winnie the pooh stuff too!!

MRs G - looks fab!

MM - I've been one for a while - wonder when I change?!?!?

*hugs* to all

oh the nursery stuff looks ace. we got a rocker like that from ebay but no foot stool, are they worth adding?

glad everything is measuring well and twinnies are doing good Mars :thumbup:

Congrats Mars on being an eggplant!

Ahbon- at 29 weeks you should change I think, I remember thinking that too, I'm a freakin eggplant again??! :winkwink:

MrsG- lovely nursery

Cran- how are you feeling? soon to be out of first tri. any sickness?

oh the nursery stuff looks ace. we got a rocker like that from ebay but no foot stool, are they worth adding?

The rocker and footstool are so comfy, I practiced my feeding position with tigger and although I know he's not as heavy I definitely enjoyed having my feet up!

Am I not an egg plant anymore????? Anyone know what I've changed to? I'm 30 + 5

Youre a pumpkin! https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx

Ive been eating the corresponding food so far, prunes this week tho... altho I could probably use em (SO bunged up) I just cant, will go with strawberry instead, those are about the same size some of the time!

Im good thanks, the nausea has been worse these last two weeks tbh, but Im feeling less tired - can actually get through the day without a nap now.

Went and raided the maternity shops this afternoon, spent £100 but got about 20 things. Was rly uncomfortable in my normal skirts - even with zip down and bump band holding them up. Got a couple of dresses I can wear for work but I wasnt that slim before and now I look RLY pregnant in them lol. My belly was kinda B shaped before and now the belly button has filled in so Im more of a D :haha:

Will have to put a cardy over things I think if I work with anyone I actually know, other random clients Ive just been telling them if it comes up, they dont know me or anyone else I know and they wont rly care about the news. Altho when I got married in Vegas we had it webcast and when I got back I had random ppl telling me they had watched it, so maybe Im underestimating the gossip power of the Deaf community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->