Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

on noes! urgh, cabbage. Im using poetic licence with it. cabbage can be, hmm, big cake!

Hi everyone. I had my babies yesterday. I went into labor and they couldn't stop it. The babies are in the NICU but doing ok. They are breathing on their own thankfully. They'll be here for awhile. Good luck to everyone and I'll keep in touch.

OMG congrats Maxxi on the birth of your twins :baby::baby:
glad babies are doing okay and breathing on their own :thumbup:
must have been a scary traumatic experience for you but so glad all is well. You need lots of rest little momma, when you are ready look forward to seeing pics of the babes and hearing your birth story.

our first baby grads of the thread :happydance:

thoughts with you tonight
:hugs:

Glad you're all well. I'd imagine they'd put them in nicu however well they were doing just in case. Hope you're able to bundle them up home really soon and congrats mummy!

oh my goodness Maxxi, your news has knocked me for six this morning! Those babies were obviously determined to enter the world so congrats to you on keeping them safe as long as you did, it sounds like you have done so well and its fantastic that they are doing so well too. Massive hugs to you and your brand new family *hugs*

MrsG - my sis in law had one of those rockers and I used to steal a sit on it at every opportunity, it was soooo comfy!! Would love to have one but know I wont get much use out of it with two, once the nursery is done, I may see if I have room for a small 2 seater sofa instead!

The builders finished the work in the bedroom yesterday so spent all of yesterday evening frantically decorating! We have 3 rooms to do before the carpet fitters come in on Tuesday - eek! Ah well, best to get it all done now while I can still reach the wall! :p

maxxiandniko - congratulations on becoming a mummy even if it's earlier than you expected! :happydance: Hope the little ones are doing well - sounds good that they are breathing on their own! Stay strong and grow little ones! xxx

Funnily enough I had a dream last night that I gave birth early too! Wierd!

MarsM - check out https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90087107which is a 2 seater sofa but also a bed (foam though) on another twin thread we've all been looking at it for the twins rooms just in case.

OMG Max I can't believe it!! Congratulations to you, can't wait for more updates (and pictures!!!)

Congratulations, maxxi -- It's a relief to hear that the girls are breathing on their own! Of course they'll be in NICU for a few weeks. My sis-in-law had her little guy at 31 weeks (severe pre-eclampsia), and he was in for 4 weeks.
I know it's a bit scary to have them so tiny, but they are little fighters & you'll be taking them home before you know it! :flower:
Looking forward to hearing all the details!

OMG Maxxi! SO many many congratulations hun on the arrival of your twins!!!! Hope you are all well and we shall await your update when you're ready hun :) x x x

hello everyone else - bloody laptop blew up and i've now got a netbook thingy. Hope you're all doing well :) just a quick visit this end - so exhausted. Got one more day left at work and that's me done, then 3 weeks rest before I-day! Good news - not diabetic - just clearly cultivate mahoosive offspring!!!! he's an estimated 7 and a half pounds as of monday (although it is just an estimate). his kicks are getting much more forceful now so he's getting some strength behind him.

i will be on more when on mat leave - i feel like i've been a bit pants lately :( my first job is to update the front page with Maxxi's new arrivals :)

much love ladies, as always x x x

welcome back MrsF, yeah to being on mat leave soon!! :happydance:
are you being induced early? did they say why. how exciting that you will meet bubs in 3 weeks, I cant believe they think he is 7.5 lbs....ahh little chunk, I love it
I think my baby girl is quite big too, I seemed to have the biggest belly in the class last night and we are all around the same way along :haha:

DM- is it our 35 weeks today? not sure until I post this, if so happy 35!! whoop whoop, 2 more weeks to being full term

:hugs:

I know! How mad is that.... Although I'm feeling it, she's a little pudger now! Loving your bump photos on fb by the way - absolutely beautiful.

someone just asked me if i was having twins because my bump is massive already. seriously, how rude. I said Yes we are but we're only keeping one.

Is it a full moon or something? This thread is the only place I havent seen ppl bitching at each other.

And btw, Im not having a go at anyone who is having twins, Im sure youre brilliantly normally rounded for your size and I bet you look lush.

oh the bitching is normal. And don't worry about hugeness. I packed it on in first and beginning of second tri but my bump hasn't really changed much since about 20 weeks. just as well or I would look like a walrus now....

ive lost 8lbs since I was 4w so its rly not fat. Ive not seen any bitchyness rly before today, quite shocked tbh that someone would be so rude. I shouldnt be, but Im just a nice person and cant expect the same standard from others i guess.

where! where!

I lost a fair amount in the first 4 months so i have only gained 11lbs in total so far. Most of that has to be baby etc....

OMG Maxi, congratulations hun, please please update us when your ready. Hope the birth went well and I soooo hope your twinnies are strong and they'll be allowed out as soon as they are well enough! I bet you don't really know what is going on do you!

Mrs F - Glad you're back, I thought you'd also gone into labour!

I can't believe you're all doing so well weight wise, I've piled it on and my bump is tiny! I was 10 stone 7 before I fell pregnant and last week I was 12 stone 2! So thats almost 2 stone!

ha ha DM, your comments crack me up and thanks for the sweet comments on my bump pics. I dont look super "huge" right well that was 32 weeks but can you believe I have gained 35 pounds already and counting :wacko: not sure whats going on, not like I have been eating like a horse, but its just comign on so quickly, most people say I look all baby, so where the F is all this weight? dont tell me my baby is 35 pounds :rofl:

oh so had a doctor's apt and I am also measuring 33cm and not 35cm :wacko: but seriously my bump almost disappears when I lay down, the doctor said she was not concerned and my baby is very positional. She is also most certainly head down, ready to go :thumbup:

Cran- dont worry about the batter, I saw a tiny bit of what I think you are talking about but I had to go to work, everyone is entitled to their own opinion like you said- so dont worry about anyhing

Cheers,

Morning!! Can't believe how close some of you ladies are getting now - eeps!

I think people comment on bump size just for something to talk about sometimes! I can be told I'm big and tiny several times in the same day by different people so I've given up listening! I'd gained about 18 pounds last time I checked but I'm sure that was almost a month ago so can't imagine what it would be by now!! I gained a lot early on though and think that it has levelled off a bit (hopes!)

Spent last night decorating again, I'm so glad we didnt leave doing all this til any later in the pregnancy, I don't think I could have coped! Went to bed with a hot water bottle on my back last night as it was aching but at least we only have a few more days of it and it will be done!

we're decorating at the weekend urgh. ive put my foot down and the yellow is going on the walls of the room where we will put the cot (not baby room yet :p) Need space for all my ebay loot and baby club free nappies. one of my cats went to sleep on a snowsuit last night lol, need to lock things away!

written a snotty letter to my hospital complaining and demanding to see the consultant rather than her minions. Im sure theyll flag me as argumentative but they can jog on tbh. thats what they did with my SIL who wanted a VBAC, shes v chilled but they wrote on her notes in front of her so she could see while she was in labour "argumentative mother". Id have gone nuts tbh, show them whos argumentative!

Cran u don't need to write a letter, just when you check in at reception tell them that u need to see the consultant in person, not a junior. I've been robbed off every time with ten year olds who give incorrect and dangerous advice so last time I told them I wanted to speak to dr walker in person. Had to wait a bit longer but I saw her. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->