Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Thanks I will mention it when I'm there but want to complain about other things too. I don t mind waiting tbh, I've gotta get there for 10am for my blood test and appt isn't tip 3. No idea why I have to hang around all day but apparently I do. Most others just have the bloods done at the appt and get a letter or something? Theyre processing mine that day rdy for the appt.

Also if you ring up in advance as well they can put a note on saying you want to see an actual consultant. I did both. Bit of arse covering.

When I was seeing FS i saw someone different every time and never the actual consultant. I didn't mind so much as he is apparently one of the top FS in the country and I figured he would be more valuable elsewhere than just chucking some clomid at me. But when I had a consultant appt to discuss my birth plan, they sent me in with some teenager who had to keep leaving the room to ask questions then told me i should have a vbac delivery. The next consultant who looked at my notes nearly soiled himself in panic as apparently when you have had the type of incision i had with Harry, you should NOT have a vbac as you are at serious risk of rupturing. And me and baby could have died.

Next appt I spoke to a consultant and she was horrified and booked me straight in!

It rly is scary to think that it's so variable. You'd think they'd be supervised etc. I'm having a bumper day of er and they always have to present to a senior. I know it's not real life ofc as eg dr Romano got his arm cut off by a helicopter then one landed on him but still.

I have absolutely no idea what you two are talking about!!!!!

Is everyone doing ok still! O have a very lively baby inside me today, I thought she was supposed to sleep for 80% of the day ;-)

I got woke up this morning, not by my bladder but by a knocking! Think somebody wanted my attention, so cute, let's hope I find it cute when she's here and crying all night!

Well just 15 days left at work! Oh working all weekend so not sure what I'll do, I'm at work tomorrow morning but might do some bootsale hunting, is it too early to buy 3-6 months? Oh well, got to feed my baby addiction somehow!

Might also pack my hospital bag although my nan got rushed into hospital and has gone a bit funny so if things go a step further I might have to visit but it's a 3 hour trip and apparently she is completely mad so at the minute I'm being a bit selfish and looking after me and bub, from what I've heard she isn't that clued up on things so probably won't realise I have visited. I can always up pack again if I need my bag.

heya cheruboos x x x only a flyer as a bit spaced on painkillers - was taken into hosp thurs with wicked period pains and back cramps, and whne they hooked me up to the machine, turns out i was having regular contractions!!!! they checked cervix, but still long and closed so kept me in for obs for a couple of days. contractions irregular now and more BH than actuals, lots of uterine activity so might not even make it to I-day!!! his head is 3/5's engaged (was 2/5's thurs night) and he's strecthing the old pelvis to the max! hence the painkillers.

hope everyone is doing good, will come back when less woosey! x x x

OMG Mrs F - Good Luck hunny..... are you ready for him to come?

Mrs F - good luck with everything *hugs*

how exciting the babies are starting to come! xxx

Maxxiandniko - how is everything going with your babies? Hope everything is well with them both and you are coping *hugs* x

all ok here - lots of movements/kicks/braxton hicks - getting my hospital bag done this w/e and washing all clothes for the bubbas ...... think the only thing we haven't got so far is a mattress for the cot and bedding - but also looking at some cribs on ebay at the moment so ....... will see what happens...

what is everyone doing re bedding? what is the 'norm' now? gro-bags? sheets and blankets? ????

Hope everyone is well xxx

I was gonna do my hospital bag this w/e but for some reason I'm a bit nervous about getting stuff out of packets and washing them just in case something goes wrong :-(

I've just bought a load more newborn stuff online so I think that'll cone this week and I'll pack it next w/e.

Mums been and picked up a fisher price rainforest swing that I bought off of eBay for £26, she says it fabulous so that's a saving of £86 quid for me, they're only in them 6 months so I'm not buying everything new.

Ahbon, I've bought a bedding set for my cot but also 5 growbags in various togs and ages. Because she's due in July/august I have just washed my 1 tog one, it seems very thin though, i guess she'll be ok in that and a sleep suit for a bit?!? I've got a 2.5 tog one too in that size just in case she's cold. I've read you're supposed to swaddle them though, so I've got a couple of Moses basket flat sheets which seem big enough.

I put my wall art up earlier, think it looks good, I'll try and take a picture later and post it. It was much easier to do than I thought. Might buy some more!

ok, so back in the land of the living !!!! almost anyway....
I'm ready Mrs-g - just wanna meet the little guy now and be a Mummy, i'm so ready. i,m probably the most ready i'm ever gonna be labour-wise - dont want to go through it, i know its gonna hurt like hell, but i guess there's no escaping it now!!!!

how's everyone.s weekend going? DH is finishing off the last bit of sanding and painting of nursery furniture so i can carry on washing clothes and getting them away.

i'm gonna use gro-bags after a couple of months, my friend swears by them and they seem like such a good idea. gonna use his cellular blankets to begin with in his moses basket. i think i've got that seat-thingy mrs-g, you're like me getting all the bargains. me and my mum are gonna go round the charity shops and antiquey shops looking for toys next week - love a good bargain!!!

anyone heard from maxxi?

sspeak soon ladies x x x

Ooh nice bargain, G! I bought a M&P swing but used ill gotten Ebay gains to buy it so didn't really cost me anything. Sort of.... :rofl:

Going to finish my bag off this week. Baby's stuff is all packed but I have been hanging on to do mine as don't want to part with my pyjamas but have been getting a lot of weird pains and tightening over the last couple of days so want to be ready.

hey ladies, just a quick note to say hi, I had my baby shower today and was absolutely spoiled. About 20 friends there and received so many clothes, which was sweet. DH couldnt believe all the loot, took him 5 trips to the car to bring it in.

MrsF- seriously you are ready??!! i am totally not!! I want little Kitten to incubate in there until my due date :) I mean I am in a lot of back pain but we are STILL renoing our house, you ladies wouldnt believe what I am living in right now

DM- seriously you think it might be soon? omg hope Sophie stays tight a bit longer. How are you measuring btw? I am a bit concerned I went from people saying "are you having twins?" and you are huge to, oh you are tiny... Anyway at the doctors office I was measuring 33cm instead of 35cm (was a cm behind for the last few weeks now I am 2!) the doctor wasnt concerned and said it can be positional, but it bothers me a little. How about you?

Woke up this morning to rain rain rain so that's my car boot selling dreams over for another couple of weeks! Really need to do one before baby g arrives as I can't see us getting anytime afterwards, unless inlaws have her for a few hours!

So not really sure what to do today, I'm a bit traumatised at my credit card bill but I shouldn't be, after all it's better to buy now rather than when I'm on maternity pay. I suppose I might have bought everything I need though apart from my pjs/nightie for hospital plus gown and slippers. I'm a bit stressed at how much they cost! The only places I can find stuff is mamas & papas or mothercare. Anyone else got any ideas?

It's getting a bit close now isn't it? My
Midwife says ivf babies come late, you lot appear to be proving the theory wrong, I'm still set for 37 weeks!

I've found eBay great for maternity stuff. Ppl only wear it for a short time then get rid and the things I've had so far have been great and super cheap. I've been on bonprix as well online but I'm not sure if they do nightwear, it's quite cheap tho I you want to buy new

X

Thanks, I'm watching a few bits, just looked on mothercare and they've got a sale on so I might pop there first x mamas and papas are ridiculous'

M&p have a bit of a sale on ATM but it's a bit crap and apparently they're having a bigger one mid June if you can wait

Well, I went to mothercare and bought some nursing pj's for £13 (half price) and a nursing nightdress for £9.00 so I didn't do to bad, they had some nicer stiff but in much bigger sizes. I also bought a new dressing gown and slippers from new look, so tomorrow, I might attempt to pack my hospital bag. Ooooo

Britt i'm also measuring 33cm but tbh i think it is depending on where her head is at the moment. When I am doing my "recently violated cowboy walk" (thanks colleagues) and she is head right down, my bump is small and neat. But when her head pops out again I look mahoosive and reckon I will measure over.

xxx

oh interesting DM, its funny you should say that- i looked quite "tiny" yesteray and literally overnight I look massive and DH comments on that too. I wonder if her head popped out as well, i mean come on how does that happen overnight.
I am having really bad lower back pain (in the middle) and my pelvis
how are you doing?

oh and I have a business trip tomorrow can you believe it :wacko:
last one for sure!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe