Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

maxxi -- I've been looking for your posts everytime I check the thread -- I'm thrilled to hear that the boys are doing as well as they are. Sounds like typical preemie stuff, nothing too alarming, which is so wonderful!!! :happydance::happydance: I hope you have lots of recovery time before doing anything like work. Hooray for your :baby::baby:

thanks for the info mars x x x gonna speak to midwife again this week.

so, another sunny day :) beautiful :) have a nice relaxing day planned, although my days at the minute consist of alot of sleep....

am wondering ladies - am still getting on-off period pain in my lower back (defo not nerve, defo period pains) like the ones i had that put me in hosp a couple of weeks ago. they're no worse / no better hence why i'm not too worried about them. but, i was wondering if this is the start of my cervix getting prepared?? when doc checked my cervix it was still long and closed - and now i wish i'd checked it after so i could understand what he meant - i've not yet, but i'm tempted to see what going on up there now - but i dont know what i'm looking for!!! also, i think id freak out if i felt something wierd!!! also dont wanna risk infection or anything! what would you do?? god, i'm so impatient now!! just want him out! cant believe i'm classed as full term on monday!

hope you ladies are all well x x happy weekend x x x

MrsF, I think if you are getting period pains it could be very soon- I think that is the start of early labour maybe. That being said, some women can get that for weeks and nothing. I wouldnt poke up in there either tbh, not worth risking anything- you are getting checked weekly now anyway right?
gee I am the opposite, I need my little kitten to incubate in there for at least a few more weeks as I'm not ready!!! :) I dont even have my hospital bag packed...lol

I had a dream about kitten last night, she had little fuzzy brown hair and a beautiful doll face :hugs:

surprisingly, no weekly check ups even though the doc said i was high risk for prem labour. I'm too woossy to be checking - pleased it's not just me !!! i've been out for the afternoon, and am back now, but i've got a bit a shake on and the period pains are getting worse. I've just had two paracetamol and i'll see how it goes - could be another trip to the assessment unit!

get your bag packed ms britt!!! tbh, it didnt take me long to do - it was more of a case of buying the bits in that i needed. need to put DH's bits in and then it's all done. probably a good job all things considered! I wondered early labour tbh.

loving your dream! mine so far with bubbs in have been him having a full facial beard and already gone through puberty!!! I want to have your dreams!!! x x x

Oooh Britt I dreamed about H when I was carrying him and I was spot on. Mummy knows best.

Max, so flag the boys are doing well. Keep us posted.

MrsF I get those too. Not sure what it is but mine got so bad the woke me up at 4am yesterday and turned into regular contractions! They stopped after a couple of hours but meant a funzles day in hospital for me and Dh!

surprisingly, no weekly check ups even though the doc said i was high risk for prem labour. I'm too woossy to be checking - pleased it's not just me !!! i've been out for the afternoon, and am back now, but i've got a bit a shake on and the period pains are getting worse. I've just had two paracetamol and i'll see how it goes - could be another trip to the assessment unit!

get your bag packed ms britt!!! tbh, it didnt take me long to do - it was more of a case of buying the bits in that i needed. need to put DH's bits in and then it's all done. probably a good job all things considered! I wondered early labour tbh.

loving your dream! mine so far with bubbs in have been him having a full facial beard and already gone through puberty!!! I want to have your dreams!!! x x x
:rofl:
that hilarious on the dream MrsF, keep us posted on the period pains. I cant believe you are not being assessed every week??!! its standard here for all pregnant moms at the end. I cant believe how close you, DM and I are...wow
Oooh Britt I dreamed about H when I was carrying him and I was spot on. Mummy knows best.

Max, so flag the boys are doing well. Keep us posted.

MrsF I get those too. Not sure what it is but mine got so bad the woke me up at 4am yesterday and turned into regular contractions! They stopped after a couple of hours but meant a funzles day in hospital for me and Dh!
oh really??!! thats so cool, I hope so :hugs: my goodness she was a little sweetie in my dream, such a cute doll face.
I had no idea you false labour DM, how are you feeling now? could be anytime hey?

Am ok, just keep getting a lot of pressure on my cervix who h means I have trouble walking and getting up and down. Am ok if I lay down but that doesn't get the laundry done lol

you know whats funny, I had the pressure on my cervix, and major pain getting up and down but now nothing and the doctor said she was high. so she must have decided to move up?

i'm getting that pressure too DM, do you think it is "early labour"? i know this bubbs is nearly fully-engaged, but i know that has no bearing on appearance. am sooo impatient now....

and why, oh why, dear lord, did i think it would be a good idea to watch birthing videos??? oooooo, so painful looking - and the tearing.....:nope::nope::nope: i dont want to do it anymore - i have quite literally scared the crap out of myself....:nope::nope::nope: jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz..............

Hiya

Exciting that youre both getting close :)

Im sure theres some Hypnobirthing term for the tearing, like they call pushing breathing down or something? Maybe think of it as your body opening up :) Or you might not tear.

oh goodness MrsF.....stay away from the birthing videos!!!! Ignorance is bliss :thumbup:

how is everyone today. DM how are you feeling? A few more days and we are watermelons I believe :wacko:

MrsF don't worry about it. look at me, I've done it once (barring the final delivery), remember it all clearly and STILL wanted to do it again! Sadly I have to have a csec but that scares me much more than a vaginal birth!! I want my VBAC :(

Yeah it hurts but not til right at the end. i can honestly say it was the best day of my life. Me and DH were so close, just the 2 of us, it just felt like a real progression for us. I am the last person in the world to be advocating it! I am a pansy with pain and couldn't have given a rats arse about a natural birth (my birth plan had EPIDURAL in huge letters across it) but i got to full dilation and pushing on just gas and air. If you take it all in your stride and don't panic, the first bit is a breeze. If you get into a stew and get frightened and tense then it'll be worse. Honestly, I'd do it again in a second rather than having that poxy great needle in my spine :(

ooooh MrsF, DM and Britt, you're all getting so close now! I think we'll be hearing all your birth announcements really soon by the sounds of it!! (Not yours of course Britt, not for at least 3 weeks ;) )

I feel like I have watched a lot of births but all in the One born every minute style so seeing the screaming but missing all the gory detail! I think I'll stick with that approach after reading the comments here! One thing I always notice though is that no matter how much screaming and crying there is, it always evaporates in seconds when mum is holding her baby and has that wonderful dreamy smile. That's what I'll be focussing on! TWICE!!! eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I got my nursery pretty much finished which was lovely! Just need to buy some cot mattresses to make the cots look finished now. Was so pleased with the cots too, I got them for £50 each and they are the same as ones in Argos for £140 - they even came in Argos packaging!! I can't believe how much space they take up in the room though, deffo no room for a sofa so will have to think through night feeds and so on when they are old enough to be in their own room.

I got my cotbed mattress from kiddicare. It's sprung and really nice quality (comparible to the £80-90 ones we got from M&P and Mothercare) and was only £40 with free next day delivery. Awesome!

:hugs: dm - thankyou :flower: my birth plan is currently just has epidural on it....and britt - defo gonna stay away from birthing vids form now on...

mars - sounds like you got yourself a bargain hun!!!

dm - we need some extra tickers for countdown - 2 weeks today and i'll be induced!! eeeekkkkkk!!!!

well, today is the first official day of my maternity leave, and i will mostly be sleeping! Sleeping rubbish at night and doesn;t help that i've pulled a muscle at the top of my bump - oouchy. Bubbs' movement has slowed down now, just the odd shuffle and bum in the air - think he must be more engaged now as the pressure down there is huge. and my hips have become all weird! feel like bambi!!!

we should run a book on who's next ;) everytime i log on, i expect to see birth announcement! DM, my money;s on you gal!!! (mods - only a hypothetical book, i'm not advocating gambling in anyway...:))

have a lovely day ladies, hope everyone else is doing well x x x

I reckon britt will surprise us all. She's the one that WANTS to get to 40 weeks and kitten has been too quiet. She's plotting.... :rofl:

i was thinking the exact same thing DM, but i didnt wanna panic britt seeing as though she hasnt got her bag packed yet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->