asthma sufferers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by jenn2282, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jenn2282

jenn2282 mom to Arianna

Hey i was wondering if you notice losing your breath sooner then the average person when you have asthma?

19 weeks and starting to get it off and on a little.

2. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, for sure. My asthma is usually under really good control but I am SO out of puff lately it's crazy.

3. emera35

emera35 Well-Known Member

Yup, i have fairly severe asthma, which is normally well controlled, but it gets alot more noticable when i'm pregnant. My doctor tries to keep my medication to a minimum during pregnancy, but i've had to have an increased dosage this time aswell. Its unfortunate, apparently it can go either way, some people their asthma really improves whilst pregnant, some it gets worse. Typical! :rolleyes:

4. mamaduke

mamaduke Proud Mama

Mine has gone through phases - in 1st tri, I had 2 weeks where I really struggled keeping things in line. In 2nd tri, I've been lucky so far and everything is staying under controlled.

5. Twayzeekrissy

Twayzeekrissy Mama of 1. pregnant

I am too. But I think it's a pregnancy thing. I know of a few pregnant women who suffer from this.

6. jenn2282

jenn2282 mom to Arianna

my asthma was never really bad so hoping i don't need to use the meds much. But i am worrier which maked things worse lol. I need to learn to relax lol.

7. BleedingBlack

BleedingBlack Well-Known Member

Yeah it hasnt been that great lately.

8. LilianA

LilianA Well-Known Member

I normally only get it when im really allergic to something but lately I've been getting it for no reason even at night I wake up sometimes so short of breath and feels like I have a hair line space for air to go thru..anyone else?