At a loss

wunderkat12

Reaction score
Hi -

So 3 weeks ago I went to my gyn office b/c i was having horrible cramps and bleeding. I didn't know what was happening, b/c I have never had a period like that before. Anyway, within 25 minutes I was told I was pregnant but having a miscarriage at the same time. I couldn't process all of that all at once. My boyfriend of 2 years has been wanting a baby, but we haven't actively been trying as we just weren't ready yet. I have two kids from a previous marriage, and we just weren't ready to have a baby. Anyway, I didn't want to hurt him b/c I know how much he wants a baby, though we have agreed it is not the right time. I am also 40 years old, so fertility issues are in the back of my mind anyway. With all of that being said, I felt like telling him would be more of a tease than anything else, like "hey, im pregnant, but now im not anymore" ... I really just didn't know how to tell him. With that, I sat on it for about 2 weeks. I wanted to tell him, but I wanted to protect him from feeling the pain too. I also think maybe I didn't want him to think i was defective in some way b/c I am 40, and maybe he would think that I can't carry a baby to term....anyway, I ended up telling him the other night, and he is pissed at me for not telling him sooner. I can understand it if he had known i was pregnant, but he didn't...neither did I. This was all very sudden. Now he is telling me that I kept this from him b/c I am selfish. We have a long distance relationship, and I really wanted the timing to be "perfect." but i also didn't know how to tell him. I didn't want to omit the information but I didn't want to hurt him. Am I wrong for not telling him? Am I a horrible person like he says I am for not telling him? Has anyone else ever been in this position? what do I do? what can I say to make him understand? I still haven't dealt with it b/c honestly i wasn't more than 5 weeks when it happened, and I didn't know I was pregnant. I am starting to deal with this now, and am completely alone. I can't tell my parents b/c my mom will just say "why the hell aren't you on birth control?" I knew the instant I got pregnant with my 2 kids, I just knew,,,but i had no similar symptoms or anything, nor were we trying, if anything we were trying not to by using ovulation sticks and pulling out. Anyway, I am hurt that he thinks I did this to keep it from him, b/c that wasn't my intent. Anyone have any advice?

Hugs! I'm so sorry for your loss, chances are hes just as hurt as you and well, unfortunately, men arent the best with dealing with emotions at times. Id give him a bit to calm down then try to talk about it together calmly. You can't change the past and can only look to the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->