At home doppler users... when did you hear?

hopeful_ttc

Reaction score
When was the first time you heard the heartbeat? I'm right around 10 weeks... Haven't been able to find it yet... :cry:

Saw it on the ultrasound at 8 week scan..
BTW, I have a sonoline B! :winkwink:

I heard it at 8 weeks ish but literally took an hour! It took an hour to find it each time up until about ten weeks and got w bit easier. At 12 weeks I find it within seconds.

Just checking are you doing it in the right place? Low down in pelvic area with lots of gel and press very hard? You tube videos usually help a lot. It is hard to find at that stage though they're still tiny and move fast xx

mummy, I get discouraged easily and give up! LOL! But, youtube videos are the first thing I looked at! I may need to use more gel! Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

mummy, I get discouraged easily and give up! LOL! But, youtube videos are the first thing I looked at! I may need to use more gel! Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Don't give up! It can literally take an hour if not longer. Maybe leave it a few more days and try again? A few days makes a huge difference xx

I heard it for the first time at 8+5 but it took FOREVER. It didn't become easy to find it until around 12 weeks for me. I was still able to find it whenever I tried, but it could often take up to half an hour. Now at 13 weeks I can find it in less than 5 seconds :) It's hard at 10 weeks. They are still so tiny

I promised myself with #1 that I wouldn't try until 14-16 weeks so I wouldn't be disappointed/worried. Heard her on the first try. :)

10 weeks here too. Took aaaaages for the first week or so of trying.

First baby day it arrived in mail at 8 wks but had to push down hard.

Second I started trying a little after 6 wks but figured I would not hear anything however at exactly 7 wks I found it but it took at least 20 to 40 min.

Once you know where to look it gets easier. I think at 8 or 10 wks I put the probe on my lower belly and immediately found it. It can also depend on where the placenta is. The key is finding that first the wooshing noise the baby will be around it somewhere.

I have literally found it for the first time today at 8+4, it did take about 30 mins to find though xxx

I got my sonoline at 8 weeks but didn't hear anything till almost 10 weeks. I'm also not a patient person so was giving up quite easily.

Watching you tube videos helped me out no end :)

It was 8-10 weeks with a sonoline B, at first I was searching too high..I didn't realise it would be nestled soo low.
Can't wait to search this time. I always like to find it before I go for my first scan so I know that something is actually there!
I had a mmc with my first baby and I'm terrified to go through that again

I found mine today! :happydance: I'm 8w1d. It didn't take a long time at first to find it (just a couple minutes) but when I went to reach for my phone to record it and moved, I lost it. And spent probably about 40 minutes trying to find it again.

Check it out! :) --> https://clyp.it/4wcuru25#

I found my DDs HB first time at 8 weeks. Think it took about 20 minutes to find it but I was able to find it within a minute every week after. I did have a scare once when I couldn't find it at all, think I was 12 weeks, I had a scan the following day and of course everything was fine. My doppler provided reassurance the whole pregnancy, thankfully I still have it and I will be using it again at 8 weeks with this pregnancy :)

I bought one last week. I tried once then for about an hour and couldn't find it! and tried last night for about 30 minutes and couldn't find it then either :( I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on it too. I just keep finding my own heartbeat... I'm not scared, but pretty disappointed. I hope I find it soon!

I really want to buy one today which ones do you recommend I'm in the UK thanks x

I really want to buy one today which ones do you recommend I'm in the UK thanks x

Any of the sonoline ones are good... Sonoline B, Sonoline C. I have the Sonoline C1. Just make sure the probe is 3mHz - it is optimal for finding early heartbeats.

We didn't get our doppler until 10 w 4 days.

The placenta is easy to locate and, as another poster said, baby is always fairly close. Baby is also down surprisingly low, near the pubic bone.

Good luck!

My doc tried at 9 weeks but couldn't find it. I had an ultrasound 4 days later and the baby was perfect, alive and well!

8w5d this time. I starting trying at just over 8 weeks, but I'm impatient and didn't try longer than about 5 minutes at a time. It's all about luck at this stage. After about 10w I could usually find right away, but even tonight at 11w1d, it took me a good 10 minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->