At home Doppler

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by belinha, Jun 7, 2011.

1. belinha

belinha Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies! So we bought a Doppler and wwas wondering id 8 weeks 4days is still too early to hear the heart beat at home?
    Any one have one?
    What week was the earliest you heard the heart beat on a at home doppler?

2. pcake

pcake Mummy to our pork chop!

Hey
    Heard mine at 8+5, but it took me HOURS, literally. I thought id heard it a few times before i finally found it, but it was my own hb (sometimes u can hear ur own one pulsating, so it sounds like a very fast beat, so u think its baby, but its not). There were a few other ladies who heard it around that time, but its really early. Some people dont find it til 12-14 weeks. For a few weeks, i could only hear LO moving,as opposed to the hb, cos it was moving so much, and it was so loud. But i didnt mind as long as i could hear the movement.

So,yes,chances are its still too early to hear anything, but if u can remember that without getting worried, then there is no harm in trying. If u think ul freak out if u cant hear LO, then its prob best to put it away til ur 12 weeks then try again.

One 'pro' for starting to listen early, is that u hear the progress in sounds. At first, all i got was a pretty faint heartbeat, and lots of silence. As the weeks progressed, i started to hear movement, and the hb got stronger. Now i find it instantly, and its so noisy in there it soundslike its shouting aT me!! :)

It def kept me sane between my last scan at 12 weeks, and when i started to feel movement. GL, relax,and just try and enjoy it!!

3. DanielsMummy

DanielsMummy MUMMY AFTER 10 YEARS TTC

Hi :hi: Personally I would say it is too early yet. When I was pregnant with my baby boy our midwife said that she didn't like home dopplers as a lot of women either find a heartbeat believing it to be babys when it is actually their own or don't find a heartbeat and worry. We bought one anyway as it was our choice but didn't use it until we were about 11 weeks. Our midwife wouldn't listen to our babys heartbeat until about then either as she said nothing would be heard. If you do decide to have a listen though, your babys heartbeat will be a lot faster than your own and will sound like a train or a galloping horse. If you don't hear anything though don't panic as it may be too early. Congratulations on your pregnancy :thumbup:

4. belinha

Thanks ladies!

5. belinha

Hi Ladies, SO Im a little worried. I am currently 8 weeks 4 days pregnant. When my husband and I had sex a couple of weeks ago I spotted a little after but then completel stopped, scared me to death. Then we had sex like a week later and I spotted again but stoped completely. But on Saturday I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a little bit of spotting but I didnt have sex so I freaked out and then it stopped (there was no pain). That was 4 days ago. Just now I went to the bathroom and I have been holding having to go to the bathroom since this morning ( bowl movement) and when I wiped I had blood mixed with cm. Its not a steady flow of blood at all but Im scared. What can it be??? Can my uterus be expanding and cause the spotting?

HELP!