At home gender tests?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by 22carly22, Jan 31, 2011.

1. 22carly22

22carly22 Well-Known Member

I am sitting here bored out of my mind, so, of course my mind wonders to our nugget. Anybody know of any at home gender prediction test? I've read about the Intelligender one you can buy at drugstores but are there any other recommended tests anyone else knows of? Thanks!

2. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

I dont think they are that reliable. If they were the docs office and every hpt brand would have a version out there. I have heard there is a blood test that is available during the first trimester but isnt covered by most insurance.
    The inteligender might be worth it if they werent $30!

3. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

I heard even the blood tests arent reliable:( You just have to wait and see the actual goods!

4. Dollface

Dollface Thank you Jesus!

:growlmad:I paid $45 for my Intelligender. But we knew it was just for fun. However, it predicted a girl, as did the Chinese gender chart. (Which has never been wrong in our family.) :happydance: You could try the red cabbage test. I did, and it predicts a boy.:dohh: It is much cheaper than Intelligender, but unfortunately every thread I find about it no one has any conclusive results. Good luck!:thumbup:

5. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

I done a 'GenderMaker' at 9wks - it predicted a Girl
    Baught off ebay

6. carterclan02

carterclan02 Mom of 6 expecting #7 feb

They are all fun to do but I wouldn't give the results much thought..I did the intellagender..I still don't know if it was right or wrong but was predicated a boy..we shall see in a few short weeks..I also did red cabbage and it also said boy..The chinese gender chart I get mixed answers on..Some say boy some say girl..Some require the lunar age and some don't ask for it so i don't know how that one really works..

7. jessie_m

jessie_m Mom to Aubrey <3+

Chinese gender predictor was right with all of my friends and predicted me a boy.

8. abc123x

abc123x Well-Known Member

Everybody I know who has used them got girl, except one person.

She had a girl and they all had boys.

If you get one, read it as the opposite! Lol!

9. 22carly22

Well, I tried the intelligender one and I swear the colors were right in between the girl color and boy color! It also depended on what room we viewed it in! Either way, the suspense is KILLING me!!!!!!

10. LadyGecko

LadyGecko Mummy to DD1, DD2 & 5 Ang

i got a girl on the gendermaker test

11. Lashes85

Lashes85 Mommy to FOUR boys <3

I feel your pain, im sat here bored and dying to know the gender!! I already have 3 boys so really really want a girl. Think i may try the GenderMaker, they had good reviews on Amazon. Not too expensive at £20 either. xx

12. 22carly22

I think i'm going to try that GenderMaker one too! I'll let you guys know if the results match the intelligender test.