At Home Insemination with Fresh Sperm....any one have any success, need reassurement!

mammawannabe

Reaction score
HI Everybody ~

I'm a newbie here...I am 31 yrs old and DH is 42, we have been together 5 years now and have decided it's time to start our family. One little problem, DH has a hard time ejaculating with intercourse, so we have talked with our OB/GYN and have decided to try at home insemination with his sperm through masterbation. We have tried this last cycle with no luck. I use opk and when i got a + i insem that night and the next day. This cycle we are going to try and insem every other day from about cd10-cd20, still using opks and hope we hit it right.
Need some reassurement that this may work for us! I follow all the directions, using a clean sterile cup and 10cc syringe. Lay down for 30 min with legs in air, have a big O....I also bought instead softcups to see if that will help and pre-seed to aid in lubrication..

any thoughts and success stories are appreciated....

K

Hi

We have done exact same thing - conceived all 3 pregnancies this way.

Assuming there are no medical problems then the chances of a successful pregnancy are just same as having sex.

First preg, age 32, 3 cycles (miscarriage)
Second preg, age 32, 3 cycles
This third preg, age 34, 2 cycles

We tried doing it in a cup but found lots of the good stuff was left wasted stuck to the sides....if OH has a lot of volume of then you will be fine. We would do it in a non-spermicidal condom then suck it up into 10cc plastic syringe -so much easier and less waste!! Dont worry about volume either -we only ever got about 1ml maximum!! Quality, not quantity!!

I never used pre-seed or lube.

I did use opks. I would definitely recommend doing it more often than you did last month. When I get a positive opk I actually ovulate 2 days later.

With a 26 day cycle, we would try do it days 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 , 18 (usually positive opk on day 15)

Good luck!

There is no reason at all for this not to work! :flower:

Thank you so much for some support - I feel like in floating in space of confusion with this..

I have no problem getting all the good stuff from a sterile cup - DH volume 3.5ml...This cycle we are trying the every other day method. so day 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20...I will also monitor my opks and adjust if needed, but i'm so worried that it won't work or that i might be doing it wrong.
SO glad to see someone on here that has actually worked 3 times for!! That is awesome. It gives me hope. :thumbup:

Thanks
K

Good Day just stopping in to say hey and I'm ttc @ home with my partner. Tried last month and was a no go gonna try again this month.. with finger's crossed. But I want this sooooooooooo Bad. But when you want something so bad chances of it happening : ( . I'm trying to stay positive..

Hiya,
After trying to conceive naturally (and via ivf) for 10 years Dh decided to try donor and I decided to try home insemination. The second cycle worked for us. What we did was inseminate cd13 & cd14 (I got a smilie cd14). We figured why not do it the old fashioned way & just add the extra ingredients at the end since intercourse actually prepares the area for the main event.
Good luck!

Hello, was curious to see if this worked for you. Would like to try this with my husband. My husband has a hard time ejaculating inside. Any tips you can provide?

We are TTC for our first child. Trying for 4 months. I'm 35. He's 40. Married 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->