At home insemination

hopeandtry4

Reaction score
I need some advice please. DH and I are trying to conceive but we are having trouble the old fashion way so a friend recommended we try at home insemination. I'm currently taking guaifenesin to help thin my cervical mucus and I'm using OPK's to help also. I'm on day 12 of my cycle right now and usually ovulate around day 16 or 17. We have the syringe we plan to use to insert his sperm and I'm going to pick up some preseed tomorrow. My question is, is it ok for us to collect his semem in a condom and then insert it right away? Friend recommended using a condom to collect that way we get a good size sample. The condoms we use do not have spermicide lubricant on them. Also we can't use just any condom as hubby is large and most don't fit :blush: Advice please :wacko:

Painful sex for me after a few minutes due to previous surgery to remove abnormal cervical cells.

I need some advice please. DH and I are trying to conceive but we are having trouble the old fashion way so a friend recommended we try at home insemination. I'm currently taking guaifenesin to help thin my cervical mucus and I'm using OPK's to help also. I'm on day 12 of my cycle right now and usually ovulate around day 16 or 17. We have the syringe we plan to use to insert his sperm and I'm going to pick up some preseed tomorrow. My question is, is it ok for us to collect his semem in a condom and then insert it right away? Friend recommended using a condom to collect that way we get a good size sample. The condoms we use do not have spermicide lubricant on them. Also we can't use just any condom as hubby is large and most don't fit :blush: Advice please :wacko:

You could put it in a cup and use the syringes from Preseed and insert it that way. I have done it once.

i agree use a sterile pot aslong as you get it inside you asap then its fine :)

We inseminated on day 15, got first +OPK on day 17 and then inseminated on second day of +OPK day 18. Does this give us a good chance?

We inseminated on day 15, got first +OPK on day 17 and then inseminated on second day of +OPK day 18. Does this give us a good chance?

I would say these days are good. You are fertile for 5 days before you O, up to 1 day after. So you hit O-2 and O+1.

Just wondering what procedure you ended up using and how much you inserted. I am wondering if quantity is what our issue is.

Really looking forward to seeing what your outcome is. Either way, don't get discouraged. This is similar to the IUI process and that doesn't even work every time. You may want to look into doing an IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->