at hospital and scared

mummaof3want2

Reaction score
Hi all
Im at hospital now been here for almost 8 hours. I had blood work showed my hcg 30 589,00
I dont know what to make of it or why its numbered that way.
Im 6weeks and 6 days based on ovulation or 8 weeks on lmp.

Im worried
Im waiting for a scan and my phone battery is dying anyone who knows about hcg levels and how to understand it would greatly help
Thanks all

I dont know why its that way, it looks to me like your levels are over 30 thousand which is good x I think you will be fine!

**GIANT HUGS** So sorry, I hope everything is OK!!!! Keep us posted.

How do they know that?!
Have they given you a scan? If you're over 6 weeks they should be able to detect it via ultrasound? Those numbers are pretty damn good!
Why did you go to hospital in the first place?
:hugs:

I whent because i hsd psin in my lower back and stomach slightly to the left were i have had cycts before so i was concerned of ectopic pregnancy or cysts growing.

Long story short after a few rude doctors in the goverment hospital and a scan i was told im pregnant but there is no baby.
I got dressed called my husband and said i swear i saw something on the screen and i just whent for a second opinion paid to see a private doctor in and out. Had a scan and saw little baby with arms and bouncing around with a good strong heart beat.
Thank God im so happy i started to cry.
Im heading back in 15 days for a dating scan and to just re check everything.
So to re cap at the goverment hospital i was told i had a chemical pregnancy with a doctor who happily told me she wasnt sure if she remembers what to do and was exceedingly rude to me while i waited over 8 hours.
Then had a second opinion with a private doctor and when she put the probe in within seconds saw a little baby bean bouncing and heard the heart beat.
I was not confident with the first opinion who said they want to book me in to remove the pregnancy.
So ladies please remember this... if you feel unsure please please please re check.
Thanks for the replies

Hang on WHAT? You saw arms and legs? You're only 6 weeks, or 8 weeks going on LMP. I had a scan with my son at 8 weeks and he was just a blob at that stage, so not sure how you saw arms and legs!

I've always had private scans at 8 weeks to check the progress. I not once have trusted a government hospital since 2007.

I know i know... well im not surr if it was legs... but saw little nobby wiggly things below the head and above the rump
It was amazing. I havent ever had such an early scan. My 3rd pregnancy my first scan was at 10 weeks or something like that Because i had so much bleeding.
it took her about 2 seconds to find baby and heart beat.
I dont trust goverment hospitals and nornally end up telling them what to do hahaha
Im so happy all seems ok.
I think this will be good for someone in the future who may have a similar situation.

I forgot to add my kids normally show big on scans my dh and i are tall. I usually get moved forward in dates when i have a scan

Absolutely. I have private scans because they missed my daughters deadly condition. Don't get me wrong I am GLAD they didn't find it because they'd have pressured me into ending her life.

So glad everything is ok and doctor need as to look up chemical pregnancy it occurs within days of implanting your about to miss your second period so would have been a missed miscarriage so glad you got a second opinion xxx congratulations x

Thanks everyone. Im so relieved too. These people need a smack in the face. I was disgusted with the treatnent of many patience. One woman was told her baby was dead and she was 8 months pregnant and they just told her then left her there to cry in the hallway
I had no idea what to say or do im soooo bad in those situations and she didnt speak english.
As the other poster said shr is glad they missed her daughters condition... sometimes its a blessing sometimes these people are just dangerous.
None the less i was not sad by what she had said because i felt like i saw something on the screen. But she refused to keep looking. I was determined to get another opinion because she just did not sit right with me. If i felt sad and shocked i know myself i would feel like what she said made sense. But i feeeeeel soooo pregnant. When i lay on my back my lower back aches and my hips pelvis area. I had severe spd before and it feels like its coming on again.
Also wake up super hungry and feel like ill puke until i eat something .. anything.
I pray we all have a happy and healthy 9 months and for those still waiting get a sticky bean soon. And always ask a second opinion before someone tries to tell you your baby is not there or anything that seems lige changing.
I keep re playing in my head the mess id be in now feeling like i need a second opinion and what if she was right even though i feel shes wrong blah blah... to wait 10 days for another scan would have been emotional torture for me and also unfair on my family for me to be so stressed out.
I was scared to get tge same news twice but atleast i would have felt confident in the news and accepted it and prepare to move on.
i appreciate everyones support and comments and hope someone else can benefit from this post

I am glad things turned out okay for you , sounds like you may be farther along then you may have initially thought .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->