At my wits end :(

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Ok, so it's 7:45pm and Thomas went into bed at 6:25pm. His new regular bedtime is 6:30pm and he sleeps until 8am.

He wont stop screaming and I am all alone, OH is working an evening shift, I'm not sure what to do :cry:.

He has been fed, has a clean nappy, is warm but not too hot. I tried breastfeeding him to sleep and he got dozey but as soon as I moved away he screamed and screamed.

I've been picking him up and comforting him and he's fine while I hold him but then the blood curdling screaming starts up again the minute he is put down.

I have come onto BnB just to give myself a few minutes to breath and poor Thomas is screaming still, so I'm about to go back in.

Just need a hug or something, I'm not used to my little man screaming. This isn't simple crying, it's horrible, the neighbours must thing I am murdering him. I feel like crying myself.

:hugs: oh hon, have you taken his temperature? Might be he's coming down with something? Has he got wind? I used to lie Douglas across my lap and pay his back to shift a stubborn burp.

At about 4 months Douglas went through a phase of refusing to settle, we'd put him to bed at 7.30 and he's scream until at least 10 pm, we spent all evening running up and down the stairs taking turns to settle him down again. Then it was time to wake him for a feed! How old is your LO?

ETA just seen he's 6 months. Teething maybe? Try some bonjela or similar, or calpol? xxx

Hugs on their way>>>>>

perhaps he wants to sleep on you?? I know my LO although much younger screams as if someone has hurt her if I pit her in her chair to sleep when the wants to be cuddled to sleep.

Could you fit in room with him for while but not cuddle him,say hold his hand?!?

Oh dear, big hugs hun

We had this a few weeks ago when LO was teething. Could it be that? Have you tried giving him baby paracetamol? Might help a little. Just keep telling yourself he must be hurting and he needs you and you are helping him just by holding him. I ended up taking my boy into our bed for a few hours so I could lie next to him and stroke his head -he eventually nodded off and we both got a little sleep.

It is so hard when you are used to them sleeping thru and they get off track. If it heps to know, our LO is back to sleeping thru 11hrs per night and is the proud owner of 2 razor sharp bottom front teeth! X

Oh hun :hugs: katie was like this a couple of nights ago so i flipped her onto her front and she went straight to sleep and didnt get up til 8:45, do u feel comfortable tryin tht? Xx

:hug:

is he teething hun, i know my lo hast cut any teeth yet but he isnt a screamer until his teeth start playin up!!

try some powders or tething gel maybe it will calm him down a little

Thanks everyone, phew, got him to sleep I think! I sat on the bed holding him and rocked gently from side to side while he sucked on my sleeve. Not as easy as when he was a 7lb newborn!

He was getting warm, must have been all the crying (it's winter here), so I took a blanket off the bed as well.

I think he was mega overtired, he last woke up at 4pm so to still be awake at almost 8pm is way too much for him (he naps every 2 hours during the day).

Not sure about teething? He's got his two bottom teeth already, and I've been feeling his gums for more and can't feel anything - but could be one coming through soon. I did give him some baby paracetamol around 7pm, just in case. He hates the stuff so then started coughing and spluttering.

My head is throbbing, I hate to think how his feels. It's times like these I wish I could just call my mum and have her come over to help, she's always tired these days though and would be in bed by now.

Thanks so much for the fast and lovely replies, you are all fabulous.

shellie82 there is no thanks button on your post, odd! But thank you!

I've just czalled for an ambulance, he is screaming again and dripping weith sweat and vommiting constantly and gone a funny grey colour and breathing fast and shallow, please please hope for me that he is ok, i am freaking out

omg Hun, I hope he is okay! Keeping you all in my thoughts xx

Oh god, Minties, i hope hes ok........It could be teething but definately a good move getting the ambulance out.

Keep us posted on how he is...

I've just czalled for an ambulance, he is screaming again and dripping weith sweat and vommiting constantly and gone a funny grey colour and breathing fast and shallow, please please hope for me that he is ok, i am freaking out

I really hope he is ok, I'd be so frightened too, sending him lots of love xxx

My toddler used to scream the place down if he was teething or over-tired! Glad you got him down in the end!

Gosh I hope he's OK hun! What a worry! I was going to say maybe separation anxiety but obviously he's not well, hope you are both OK xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"